Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 227
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Colts2180:29990077
    Id trade Hill in a heartbeat for the 12th pick. Grab a big and that kid from Murray State to fill both holes and boom were much younger and got some good young kids to grow with PG.
    If trading to get 12 I think u then trade those 2 pix and next year's one for number 3. Get that in place then wait for contracts to expire and sign free agents next year.
    Draft Russell if still there, still think he may crack top 2 if happens take the big left.
    In scenario
    Russell
    Miles
    George
    Hibbert
    West

    And as much crap I give Hibbert, while will never be big impact, Russell is perfect guy to get him involved offensively.
    Year after bring in the big guns.
    It's gonna take a couple years anyway so set foundation

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8,788
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBabySlick View Post
    Looks like the Stanko Barac era is finally here! According to Bruno on 1070 The Fan, he has been invited to Summer League and the Pacers will then make the decision whether to sign him to a deal.
    It only took 8 years for Barac to finally come state-side. I don't see him making it through training camp. Even in Europe, Barac was nothing more than a role player. Being a 28 year old international rookie will bring a huge learning curve. I don't see him working out. Worth a shot, though.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    24,689
    Quote Originally Posted by cardinals1226 View Post
    It only took 8 years for Barac to finally come state-side. I don't see him making it through training camp. Even in Europe, Barac was nothing more than a role player. Being a 28 year old international rookie will bring a huge learning curve. I don't see him working out. Worth a shot, though.
    Yup. I don't really understand our "future" big men situation right now. Bird said he wants to bring back Luis Scola. Didn't really mention anything about seriously bringing back LaVoy Allen. We have Ian Mahimni. Bringing in a 28 year old, like cards just mentioned, doesn't really make us any younger or have more potential. There's a very strong chance this will be Hibbert and West's last season with the team, and we really need to get younger at the position. Whether that's doing a S/T for Greg Monroe, drafting Myles Turner, whatever, something needs to happen to get new youth into the team.

    #iubb

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Middletown, IN
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquewho? View Post
    Yup. I don't really understand our "future" big men situation right now. Bird said he wants to bring back Luis Scola. Didn't really mention anything about seriously bringing back LaVoy Allen. We have Ian Mahimni. Bringing in a 28 year old, like cards just mentioned, doesn't really make us any younger or have more potential. There's a very strong chance this will be Hibbert and West's last season with the team, and we really need to get younger at the position. Whether that's doing a S/T for Greg Monroe, drafting Myles Turner, whatever, something needs to happen to get new youth into the team.
    Could just be a move to get him on film against NBA talent to guage his trade value as well. I'm with you. I'm a little nervous about our future big situation too. It was a miracle getting David West to come to Indiana, so I hope we're not counting on free agency only.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,021
    Personally if I'm Larry Bird I'm hitting the reset button. Restarting around Paul George. Which would mean trading both Hibbert and West if they choose to opt in, and moving George Hill(while his stock is at an all time high).

    If you can trade Hill to the Jazz for the 12th pick and maybe Trey Burke and/or Trevor Booker I'd jump on it. That would give the Pacers a great deal of flexibility to trade up. Although I think drafting Myles Turner and Kevon Looney 11th and 12th respectively as your front court of the future could be something special.
    Last edited by da ThRONe; 05-28-2015 at 09:33 PM.


    "Eighteen Twenty-five _______"

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,201
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Personally if I'm Larry Bird I'm hitting the reset button. Restarting around Paul George. Which would mean trading both Hibbert and West if they choose to opt in, and moving George Hill(while his stock is at an all time high).

    If you can trade Hill to the Jazz for the 12th pick and maybe Trey Burke and/or Trevor Booker I'd jump on it. That would give the Pacers a great deal of flexibility to trade up. Although I think drafting Myles Turner and Kevon Looney 11th and 12th respectively as your front court of the future could be something special.
    If we trade Hill then we would have a huge hole at PG. So Id love one of those 2 you mentioned and that Murray state kid. Need a pg for the future and I love what iv seen from him.


    Lucks on our side

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Middletown, IN
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Personally if I'm Larry Bird I'm hitting the reset button. Restarting around Paul George. Which would mean trading both Hibbert and West if they choose to opt in, and moving George Hill(while his stock is at an all time high).

    If you can trade Hill to the Jazz for the 12th pick and maybe Trey Burke and/or Trevor Booker I'd jump on it. That would give the Pacers a great deal of flexibility to trade up. Although I think drafting Myles Turner and Kevon Looney 11th and 12th respectively as your front court of the future could be something special.
    I'm all for re-building or re-tooling, but that doesn't mean we have to add a bunch of inexperienced players. At 25 PG is in his prime. I would hate to waste 2 or 3 years of his prime waiting for the rest of the team to grow and mature. If you trade for the 12, I think you have to use that to move up and get a real difference maker. Then when David and Roy come off the books and the salary cap skyrockets, you add another allstar caliber player. However, if Bird feels he can grab two players who will be solid starters in 2016 with picks 11 and 12, then I'm cool with that. You just can't draft anyone that is 2 or 3 years away in my opinion.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,021
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBabySlick View Post
    I'm all for re-building or re-tooling, but that doesn't mean we have to add a bunch of inexperienced players. At 25 PG is in his prime. I would hate to waste 2 or 3 years of his prime waiting for the rest of the team to grow and mature. If you trade for the 12, I think you have to use that to move up and get a real difference maker. Then when David and Roy come off the books and the salary cap skyrockets, you add another allstar caliber player. However, if Bird feels he can grab two players who will be solid starters in 2016 with picks 11 and 12, then I'm cool with that. You just can't draft anyone that is 2 or 3 years away in my opinion.

    What do you call wasting? I mean do you think there's a realistic trade and/or free agent signing that makes the Pacers contender in the next 2-3 years? If not it's best to just "rip the band-aid off" now. If West and Hibbert opts in there's no cap space and are they better than the Cavs, Bulls, Bucks, and Hawks?


    "Eighteen Twenty-five _______"

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8,788
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    What do you call wasting? I mean do you think there's a realistic trade and/or free agent signing that makes the Pacers contender in the next 2-3 years? If not it's best to just "rip the band-aid off" now. If West and Hibbert opts in there's no cap space and are they better than the Cavs, Bulls, Bucks, and Hawks?
    No cap space? The Pacers have close to $35 million coming off the books for the 2016 season; a season that is supposed to have a huge cap increase because of the new tv deal. In 2017, the only players signed are George, Hill, and Miles. The Pacers have an insane amount of cap.

    What I'd like the Pacers to do is trade George and Solomon Hill. Both are unlikely to repeat last year's success with George coming back as the first option. Trade both to Utah for Trey Burke, Trevor Brooker, and the 12th overall pick. Then package the 11th pic, 12th pick, next year's first round pick, and Roy Hibbert to the 76ers for the 3rd overall pick; use that pick to draft D'Angelo Russell. Re-sign Lavoy Allen, Rodney Stuckey, CJ Watson. Sign Greg Monroe (The perfect replacement for West or Hibbert), Jimmer Fredette The Pacers have been linked to him since he was drafted). Russell - Burke/Stuckey - George - West/Allen - Monroe/Allen

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Middletown, IN
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    What do you call wasting? I mean do you think there's a realistic trade and/or free agent signing that makes the Pacers contender in the next 2-3 years? If not it's best to just "rip the band-aid off" now. If West and Hibbert opts in there's no cap space and are they better than the Cavs, Bulls, Bucks, and Hawks?
    I call 3 years wasting. There's no reason to surround PG with 3 or 4 1st or 2nd year guys and hoping they pan out and gel in 3 years. I'm not even counting next year. Roy and David will opt in, so every move in my opinion should be to be at least a top 4 team in the East in 2016/17. The stars are aligning perfectly for them to do that. They are already a playoff caliber team when healthy, they've got a lottery pick in a very deep draft, and 2 huge salaries will come off the books the same year the salary cap explodes. Add a 2016/17 starter through the draft and a couple of starters via free agency or trade with one of those being allstar caliber and they're already contending for the East. I'm just saying don't concede to a 3 or 4 year rebuilding plan when you don't have to. I thought the '94 Pacers had plenty of time to win one. The 2004 Pacers were arguably the best team in the league until it all fell apart. Hell, we all thought we had a great chance this year, but we all know how that went down. (Do you see a pattern there? Every 10 years) The window is always short for winning a championship, so when you have a special talent like PG you shouldn't waste any of his prime years on a lengthy rebuild.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,021
    Quote Originally Posted by cardinals1226 View Post
    No cap space? The Pacers have close to $35 million coming off the books for the 2016 season; a season that is supposed to have a huge cap increase because of the new tv deal. In 2017, the only players signed are George, Hill, and Miles. The Pacers have an insane amount of cap.

    What I'd like the Pacers to do is trade George and Solomon Hill. Both are unlikely to repeat last year's success with George coming back as the first option. Trade both to Utah for Trey Burke, Trevor Brooker, and the 12th overall pick. Then package the 11th pic, 12th pick, next year's first round pick, and Roy Hibbert to the 76ers for the 3rd overall pick; use that pick to draft D'Angelo Russell. Re-sign Lavoy Allen, Rodney Stuckey, CJ Watson. Sign Greg Monroe (The perfect replacement for West or Hibbert), Jimmer Fredette The Pacers have been linked to him since he was drafted). Russell - Burke/Stuckey - George - West/Allen - Monroe/Allen

    I meant next year the Pacers have no cap space if West and Hibbert opts in. It's a one year player option not to mention the huge cap bump in 2016 so I thought it was pretty clear I was only referring to the 2015-16 season.

    I highly doubt Monroe would sign with the Pacers. Also I strongly doubt Philly would do that trade.
    Last edited by da ThRONe; 05-30-2015 at 02:35 PM.


    "Eighteen Twenty-five _______"

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,021
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBabySlick View Post
    I call 3 years wasting. There's no reason to surround PG with 3 or 4 1st or 2nd year guys and hoping they pan out and gel in 3 years. I'm not even counting next year. Roy and David will opt in, so every move in my opinion should be to be at least a top 4 team in the East in 2016/17. The stars are aligning perfectly for them to do that. They are already a playoff caliber team when healthy, they've got a lottery pick in a very deep draft, and 2 huge salaries will come off the books the same year the salary cap explodes. Add a 2016/17 starter through the draft and a couple of starters via free agency or trade with one of those being allstar caliber and they're already contending for the East. I'm just saying don't concede to a 3 or 4 year rebuilding plan when you don't have to. I thought the '94 Pacers had plenty of time to win one. The 2004 Pacers were arguably the best team in the league until it all fell apart. Hell, we all thought we had a great chance this year, but we all know how that went down. (Do you see a pattern there? Every 10 years) The window is always short for winning a championship, so when you have a special talent like PG you shouldn't waste any of his prime years on a lengthy rebuild.
    Getting the right players around PG is equally as important as doing it inside of a window. Hibbert isn't that guy and West is over the hill. Rushing a rebuild has it's risk attached to it. You have to be able to attract free agents and then hope that works out.


    "Eighteen Twenty-five _______"

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,739
    Quote Originally Posted by cardinals1226 View Post
    No cap space? The Pacers have close to $35 million coming off the books for the 2016 season; a season that is supposed to have a huge cap increase because of the new tv deal. In 2017, the only players signed are George, Hill, and Miles. The Pacers have an insane amount of cap.

    What I'd like the Pacers to do is trade George and Solomon Hill. Both are unlikely to repeat last year's success with George coming back as the first option. Trade both to Utah for Trey Burke, Trevor Brooker, and the 12th overall pick. Then package the 11th pic, 12th pick, next year's first round pick, and Roy Hibbert to the 76ers for the 3rd overall pick; use that pick to draft D'Angelo Russell. Re-sign Lavoy Allen, Rodney Stuckey, CJ Watson. Sign Greg Monroe (The perfect replacement for West or Hibbert), Jimmer Fredette The Pacers have been linked to him since he was drafted). Russell - Burke/Stuckey - George - West/Allen - Monroe/Allen
    Jimmer fredette?? Will he be the ball boy??

    I like the other scenarios, Utah would be very stupid to make that deal. A good young talent like burke and the #12 for essentially George Hill??

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,170
    Whats up....

    Trying to get a gauge on what will be a good deal if PG was on the trade block. Yes I know he is coming off of his crazy injury, so his stock isn't high as of right now. But some GM's might want to take a gamble.


    Of course you posters are not Bird, but what do you think about this.

    Miami 1st rd pick (10th spot) & McRob or BirdMan or Rio (maybe a 3rd team comes in and add more fillers on both sides). Also, Deng couldn't opt in either or Miami wouldn't have the Cap space.

    This would mean, that the Pacers will also trade off there big men too...etc

    Rebuild mode







    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    Whats up....

    Trying to get a gauge on what will be a good deal if PG was on the trade block. Yes I know he is coming off of his crazy injury, so his stock isn't high as of right now. But some GM's might want to take a gamble.


    Of course you posters are not Bird, but what do you think about this.

    Miami 1st rd pick (10th spot) & McRob or BirdMan or Rio (maybe a 3rd team comes in and add more fillers on both sides). Also, Deng couldn't opt in either or Miami wouldn't have the Cap space.

    This would mean, that the Pacers will also trade off there big men too...etc

    Rebuild mode
    haha, no.
    All Hail King Goerge, "The Traitorous King"

    "In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •