Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Seems like your front office been trying to talk Hibbert into opting out. Kinda doubt he does. Any chance you would consider moving down in the draft to completely salary dump Hibbert for a #17 pick and $15.5M TPE for Hibbert and #11?
    would be something to consider, but worst case keep the 11 and deal with hibbert for one more year and be done with him. Just don;t have much inside, and not good enough in back court to compensate if have to go small.

Can;t wait for hibbert to be gone, so frustrating watching the biggest guy on the court being so soft. Obviously Bird is through with him

Yeah top 2 IMO is only spots worth moving up to. No were not studly at guard but its still not a need if Towns or Okafor are available. If he falls to us and is by far the best talent then yes of course we take him.

Lucks on our side

Quote Originally Posted by buck4493 View Post
    I would think so, depending on what pick we get, say its 10 for example. I would say that pick, next years pick a player or also a future #2 might do it. Next years pick should be pretty far down so don't think you would be losing out on a gem next year in the draft.

the top 3 are propbably set in stone and those bad teams are slotted to take towns okafor and russell in some kind of order, but into top 5 would be possible. Just don;t know if its worth 4 or 5 if those guys are off board.

Would be a longshot, but if portland or OKC would be willing to part with Aldridge or Westbrook you could potentially deal that high pick and hibbert, with next years pick as well. if portland figures it will lose Aldridge getting hibbert and a couple picks might be something for them to look at.
    On westbrook, pacers say they want to play faster well he would definitley solve that situation.

those are lonshots for sure

If going to trade up i think they have to get into top 3 or probably not worth making a deal.

Who knows the ball might drop the pacers way
    Interesting. The only way I see Hibbert being a real tradeable asset is if some team sees that 15M expiring deal as true gold. I highly doubt OKC and Portland see that with him, and I have a hard time seeing them gives us Aldridge or Westbrook for him. With the next off-season being the one we're expecting the Cap Room to sky rocket, you could make a case that he is actually very valuable in that sense. Frankly I don't see any of the teams expected to be in the top 5 to view Hibbert's expiring as a luxury right now. Most of them are already/will be under the new cap jump significantly anyways. I think there's a real chance he gets dealt at the deadline unless he turns it on this year and Larry becomes stubborn.

I'm hesitant to trade next year's 1st rounder - we are going to have a major roster turnover in our bigs after this season with only PG/G-Hill/Solo/CJ Miles currently under contract. We need to start infusing new youth into this team, especially in the bigs department.

#iubb

If Russell played for someone besides OSU "bucks" wouldn't be as excited about him

Quote Originally Posted by mh2365 View Post
    If Russell played for someone besides OSU "bucks" wouldn't be as excited about him

Sure i watched him play a lot, but it seems as though people on this board are a lot smarter that GM's and scouts. He did what he did this season with zero good bigs, and no good shooters on the team besides himself.

Folks are confident in backcourt yet in the EAST what is it the 5th or 6th best?? and thats just the east.

He will go top 3 for a reason, another buckeye went #3 years ago and Russell has superior talent. that pg plays for the Grizzlies

Jazz fan here. There is some rumors in Salt Lake that the Pacers are willing to move on from George Hill for a faster tempo pg. Since you fans are more connected to your team I was wondering if it was true? Rumor has it that utah wants a vet and is willing to trade picks and assets for it. Does indy want the 12th pick? What would it take to get Hill?

2011 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football Champion!
    2013 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football 2nd Place

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman5219 View Post
    Jazz fan here. There is some rumors in Salt Lake that the Pacers are willing to move on from George Hill for a faster tempo pg. Since you fans are more connected to your team I was wondering if it was true? Rumor has it that utah wants a vet and is willing to trade picks and assets for it. Does indy want the 12th pick? What would it take to get Hill?
    This is the first I've heard of this. Of course none of us really know what is in Larry's head, but I would think anyone not named Paul George is available for the right price. Hill had a very solid season, but a lot of us think that the Pacers are thinking of him more as a 2 guard instead of a 1. I'm sure Larry would be very interested in the number 12 pick if that's on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBabySlick:29976897
    This is the first I've heard of this. Of course none of us really know what is in Larry's head, but I would think anyone not named Paul George is available for the right price. Hill had a very solid season, but a lot of us think that the Pacers are thinking of him more as a 2 guard instead of a 1. I'm sure Larry would be very interested in the number 12 pick if that's on the table.
    I thought the media might be making stuff up. (Like that ever happens) Thanks for insight and good luck with your off season.

Yea this is the first I've heard of this...I'm sure if it was a really good offer Larry would listen but George had a terrific season last year as our 1st option. And he's from here too. I think we are looking at moving him to a full time combo guard role, he did very good last year when he played on the court with CJ Watson or Rodney Stuckey...and we may draft someone like Jerian Grant or Cameron Payne FA to complement him.

To that, I think Larry believes no one on this roster is not for sale beside PG13.

#iubb

Hey Ironman, I saw Grantland did an article about G-Hill coming to the Jazz as speculation. This was back in early April.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/pi...make-the-leap/

#iubb

Quote Originally Posted by jacquewho?:29979069
    Hey Ironman, I saw Grantland did an article about G-Hill coming to the Jazz as speculation. This was back in early April.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/pi...make-the-leap/
    that was a great read. Thanks. Our GM has stated he's not looking to get younger but is looking at contending. I love Hills game but i think George Hills value is way higher than just the 12th pick. I really like the Pacers organization. They are all class and you have respect Paul George. The kid is awesome. I hope the injury fully heals and he's back 100% next year.

By the way how is CJ Miles working out with the team? In Utah some games we loved him others we wanted to boot him out of the arena. I always thought if he could be consistent he'd be a solid player

By the way how is CJ Miles working out with the team? In Utah some games we loved him others we wanted to boot him out of the arena. I always thought if he could be consistent he'd be a solid player
    His time here didn't start off all that great. Of course with all the injuries he was relied upon a lot more than he or the organization anticipated. As the year went on he found his groove and did become very consistent. He was shooting well from 3, but I was more impressed how aggressive he became attacking the basket! I think he's going to be a great fit here, especially if Bird and Vogel indeed go small. A Stuckey, GHill, Miles, PG lineup would definitely have some firepower!

Id trade Hill in a heartbeat for the 12th pick. Grab a big and that kid from Murray State to fill both holes and boom were much younger and got some good young kids to grow with PG.

Lucks on our side

Looks like the Stanko Barac era is finally here! According to Bruno on 1070 The Fan, he has been invited to Summer League and the Pacers will then make the decision whether to sign him to a deal.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast