Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).

BBR: Leonard only second non-C/PF to lead league in defensive ranking

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...tg_yearly.html

In the NBA, only two non-PF/C's have led the league n defensive rating since 1974 (they don't have rankings before that): Scottie Pippen and Kwahi Leonard.

Thoughts?
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

My thoughts: He is really good at defending.

If he hadnt missed those games I would say give him the DPOY.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Boy, I sure did underestimate the Rockets this year and I lost a sig bet to Saddletramp because of it

Best defender in the league hands down.
    Boy, I sure did underestimate the Rockets this year and I lost a sig bet to Saddletramp because of it

Not unexpected for a Finals MVP.
    An itchy trigger finger with the Report Button on speed dial.

What others are saying about JV35:
    In His Short Time At PSD--Already Established As A Living Legend...
    A Throwback To The Days Of Honor--A True Stand Up Guy...
    The Personification Of GOAT--An American Treasure...

23 years old. Give him a 5 year contract. He's not even in his peak yet. Maybe beginning his peak at 28 years old.

Hell look at the top 10 each year, pretty rare for a smaller guy to lead in that.

That is very impressive but Defensive Win Shares are to an extent a team metric, it's no surprise the last 4 winners played on teams that were considered stacked defensively at multiple positions. Heck, Leonard's teammate won the thing the season before last.

Still impressive and he is definitely the best wing defender out there.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    If he hadnt missed those games I would say give him the DPOY.
    Easily

"Yes, it’s impressive on its own any time a player tops that leaderboard. There isn’t a single name on there that jumps out as obviously incorrect. But Kawhi’s season this year is extra special — he’s the first non-big man to top the list since Scottie Pippen in 1994-95. Going back farther in time…nope, that’s it, unless you count Julius Erving’s 1975 season in the ABA. Pippen is considered by some to be the best ever defender at the small forward position, but now Kawhi Leonard has matched him in at least one area.

The scariest part? 1994-95 was Pippen’s Age-29 season, at the peak of his powers. Kawhi’s only 23 and he’s already got an NBA Finals MVP. That sound you just heard was the rest of the NBA shuddering in dread."

That is scary. SA has a new superstar.

BBR: Leonard only second non-C/PF to lead league in defensive ranking

Carlos Boozer being 2nd in recent years is some what of a joke don't you think? Sounds like a stat that relies heavily on team concepts right? Boozer couldn't defend a blind man in Utah.

It's impressive, but the guy is not a superstar, period. We had to listen to this all summer long and he responded with 17 & 7 on 47% shooting on a team that has churned out top defenders like they were nothing.
    Last edited by MonroeFAN; 04-17-2015 at 03:13 PM.
    Hey look everyone, it's "Vintage" Aaron Brooks.

^^^ keep denying. anyone who can play like he did against LBJ last finals is a hands down superstar. the dude only averaged 32 minutes per game this year on a team that relies on ball movement. they have no 20 ppg guys on that team. he led the league in steals though, and is coming off a Finals MVP year. I really don't think there is a GM in the league that doesn't think he's a superstar. 30 teams would offer him a max contract this offseason.

Not just a phenomenal defender, but all around player. Of course I'd love to see Dray Day get DPOY, but would completely understand if it goes to Leonard
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast