Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Paul Pierce- "My situation last year in Brooklyn was horrible"

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12...e-speaks-truth

"I’m much happier,’’ he said. "It was a tough situation (in Brooklyn) last year. Horrible, really.

"It was just the guys’ attitudes there. It wasn’t like we were surrounded by a bunch of young guys. They were vets who didn’t want to play and didn’t want to practice. I was looking around saying, ’What’s this?’ Kevin (Garnett) and I had to pick them up every day in practice.

"If me and Kevin weren’t there, that team would have folded up. That team would have packed it in. We kept them going each and every day.’’

The player that puzzled him the most, said Pierce, was point guard Deron Williams.

"Before I got there, I looked at Deron as an MVP candidate,‘’ Pierce said. "But I felt once we got there, that’s not what he wanted to be. He just didn’t want that.

"I think a lot of the pressure got to him sometimes. This was his first time in the national spotlight. The media in Utah is not the same as the media in New York, so that can wear on some people. I think it really affected him.’’

Pierce said veteran Joe Johnson was an affable professional but also a reluctant leader.

"Joe is quiet,‘’ Pierce noted. "He doesn’t want much attention. He doesn’t say much.

"There’s a lot of secondary guys on that team. KG and I went there looking at them as the main guys who would push us, because we were advancing in years. But we ended up doing all the pushing.’’
    That's not a good look

yikes

Ouch.

This is why I would get Upset when people would try to make the case durin Deron's Utah days that he was better than Paul

brrrraaap brrraaaapppp shots fired, ya done know!

lol owned

It should be said. It's The Truth.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Where's DomeFavors?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Unprecedented pussification.

Im not a huge supporter of calling teammates/ex-teammates out by name, but its an interesting insight to why Deron has never won anything in his life. Joe either for that matter.

It explains a lot. It's interesting that Joe is so quiet yet seems to be so fearless when the game is on the line. Sam Jonessssssssssssssssssssssss

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    It should be said. It's The Truth.
    Well played...

You can tell Pierce didn't want to play in Brooklyn, half of the team doesn't look like they enjoy basketball in Brooklyn

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    You can't expect guys to all be alpha dogs.... even on a team of alpha dogs you need an alpha that stands out.

D-Will should be that guy. Joe Johnson, not so much. I think Pierce's words were kinder to JJ because they suggested that he was quiet, not that he wasn't driven. JJ was never an MVP kind of guy to me; an All-Star yes, but not a franchise player. He's your number two or three; the guy that makes things easier on your franchise player.

As for D-Will, I think if you go back to Utah-D-Will, before the injuries, he would have been more that kind of guy with drive and MVP aspirations. But when you've come off a couple of ankle injuries, you aren't as quick to push that ankle, and that was a big part of the reason D-Will was so effective in Utah. Take that away....
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

Deron Williams also got paid and then almost immediately started to decline. Maybe it was the injuries, maybe it was coach/teammate chemistry, maybe it was his goal to just get that fat contract.

Pierce is a delusional, tool. Always has been.

Why it's coear that the Nets team had zero passion last year and this year, I never really noticed Pierce being emotional and passionate.

I'm really glad Pierce picked up all the guys in practice since it's clear he didn't pick them up on the court. He also said last year he was clutch which clearly wasn't evident with his late game misses.

Nets are still a joke, but Pierce just sounds bitter and dumb.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast