Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    I think the Sedin's are actually the only line generating any offense, they just need a linemate who can can actually score when they set him up. I swear Hansen missed the net like 3 times after they had been cycling and set him up.

Bieksa-Sbisa has been absolutely awful in this series. I'm very worried about the future of this team with both of those guys signed and goggling up cap room.
    Doesn't Bieksa's contract expire at the end of next season? Of course if we let that run out he becomes a UFA and we get nothing, then again, he has a NTC also, so it would be difficult to trade him at almost $5 million per. I'd rather have Alex Biega in the lineup than Bieksa.

Sbisa just signed a new 3-year deal, but at least he doesn't have a NTC. Maybe we can deal these guys down the road? Wonder how that Tryamkin is developing. He's a monster, would be useful to have a guy with that size, taking out guys like Ferland.

Burrows being out really hurts that 1st line and the team in general. Dorsett, Horvat and Kenins have all been playing hard.

Quote Originally Posted by NUCK-U View Post
    Doesn't Bieksa's contract expire at the end of next season? Of course if we let that run out he becomes a UFA and we get nothing, then again, he has a NTC also, so it would be difficult to trade him at almost $5 million per. I'd rather have Alex Biega in the lineup than Bieksa.

Sbisa just signed a new 3-year deal, but at least he doesn't have a NTC. Maybe we can deal these guys down the road? Wonder how that Tryamkin is developing. He's a monster, would be useful to have a guy with that size, taking out guys like Ferland.

Burrows being out really hurts that 1st line and the team in general. Dorsett, Horvat and Kenins have all been playing hard.
    Injuries have hurt for sure. I'm not even a big Kassian fan and I'd love to have him in the lineup right now.

Dorsett, Horvat and Kenins have all played well, but also crossed the line a few times. Kennins took that awful penalty early, and Horvat had one as well I believe. I love the way Horvat skates though, can just carve through the zone. His future is exciting.

They must see something in Sbisa I don't because he just looks terrified out there playing the puck. Bieksa is done for. I don't see us re-signing him at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by NUCK-U View Post
    Bieksa makes a lot of big mistakes, he's slow and looks hobbled, and Ferland has become a nightmare for him. His partner, Sbisa, also makes a lot of mistakes. The goaltending has been good, no real issue there. The Sedins and Vrbata are all older and unable to generate points in the playoffs. The Canucks need to be aggressive, but they look like they're playing frustrated and confused at times. Missing Burrows, Richardson and Kassian is huge, these guys are, or should be, playoff performers. The Flames are younger, faster and they're hitting more. Edler was a beast in Game 2, and that was probably the best Canucks win I've seen in a long time. Why he decided to revert back to his timid self is beyond me.

I don't understand bringing in Vey either. He was 17% in the faceoff circle. Why not roll the dice at this point and put in Baer, who would probably love a crack at beating his former team.

It's sickening to see the Flames with so much promising youth, in the dance, making a difference. Gaudreau looks like a 12-year old kid, but he's skating circles around the Canucks D. I agree that next year, the Canucks have to clean house a little more, bring in the young guys (Virtanen, Baerschti, Shinkaruk). Get rid of Bieksa, somehow, some way.

The Canucks need to get younger, faster and more physical if they want to compete over the next few years. The Flames are just going to get better and now the Oilers will probably have McDavid coming in. If the Oilers can get a decent coach in McLelland and trade Hall and Yakupov, bring in some good D and maybe upgrade in goal, they'll be deadly for years. Times are a changing.
    Looking back at historically bad teams, think Quebec Nordiques when you think of this crop of Edmonton Oilers. The Nords were so brutal, Lindros wouldn't play for them. Then the big trade and the move to Colorado and they became a powerhouse. A few good moves, including picking up McDavid, and the Oilers could be back with a vengeance.
    If we're all such great coaches why do we recruit so hard? You need players.

~ Jack Armstrong, ECF 2016

Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    Injuries have hurt for sure. I'm not even a big Kassian fan and I'd love to have him in the lineup right now.

Dorsett, Horvat and Kenins have all played well, but also crossed the line a few times. Kennins took that awful penalty early, and Horvat had one as well I believe. I love the way Horvat skates though, can just carve through the zone. His future is exciting.

They must see something in Sbisa I don't because he just looks terrified out there playing the puck. Bieksa is done for. I don't see us re-signing him at this point.
    The Canucks really lack a Shea Weber type Dman. Someone that can log big minutes and be a threat on the PP. Yannick Weber had his moment but he's getting exposed.

Like you said Sbisa and Bieksa are trash. Bieksa is a turnover machine and I'm pretty sure the only reason Benning likes Sbisa is he acquired him in the Kesler trade and he wanted something to show for it.

Fire Luke Walton

We're going back to CGY

Fire Luke Walton

That game was a good example of what always scares me about the Canucks. We played amazing. Absolutely fantastic. And yet it was 2-1 with CGY getting chances at the end. Easily could have gone to OT and been series over.

All I wanted was a Game 6. If CGY goes 3-0 at home hats off to them and they deserve it.

Just a couple things as I read through previous comments. The Oilers are in a damn good position and need to make a couple moves. If they get a goalie they will be fine. Should have traded Eberle for Schneider. As far as the Canucks, they have blown away my expectations this year. I admit to being horribly wrong on Horvat. If they can develop a real sniper to play with Kenins and Horvat, (Virtanen), within a year that could be the top line with the way they have played and control the puck right from the face off. The defense is my main concern. Now I love Chris Tanev but he has been exposed and honestly abused in these playoffs. You can't keep going on with buttery number 2 and 3 defenseman. Bieksa is a 5 now. Sbisa is young still but is a good 4 in his prime. Hamhuis is the only true 2. Tanev is a good 3-4. Yannik weber is a 6 and power play guy. That last sent acne is the most damning. Let's ask ourselves one thing. Is it really the scoring? Or is it the inability to make a good decision in your own zone. Make a good pass. Take a hit. Breaking down this defense is like a hot knife through butter.

I hated the Ryan Miller signing since day 1. What a freakin joke lol. 18M for a goalie that gives up 5 goals!?!? If he was injured then he shouldn't have played.

Fire Luke Walton

Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1: Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames

Can't complain about anything about this season. Canucks battled, showed skill and potential we didn't know they had, and competed in the playoffs. Still some obvious weaknesses up and down the lineup but they over achieved all things told. Very good debut season for the new leadership.
    If we're all such great coaches why do we recruit so hard? You need players.

~ Jack Armstrong, ECF 2016

Lines next year:

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata
    Baertschi - Horvat - Virtanen
    Burrows - Bonino - Hansen
    Higgins - Gaunce - Dorsett

Wouldn't be opposed if we moved on from Bonino and Higgins. Both disappointed.

Edler - Tanev
    Hamhuis - Corrado
    Bieksa - Sbisa (BECAUSE WE ARE STUCK WITH THEM)

Fire Luke Walton

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123