Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Costanza View Post
    I love giving head to homeless men. I feel like they’re giving back
    I’m sure they are , freak
    #BringBackMatty

Quote Originally Posted by bfrap View Post
    I grew up only 10 minutes from the Canadian border.. with Ontario.. Hockey was king, Then Baseball.. the NBA is still down below now that the NFL has gotten some hold..

You say NY is NOT a hockey town.. which is BS.. The Rangers, and Isles and Devils.. they are more a hockey town than any other sport.. this poser just refuses to acknowledge it.. kinda like ESPN.. where they'll show poker (a criminal enterprise in ~48 states including NY I might add) over a hockey game..

Just because this poser won't talk about it does not make it so... Yeah, NY has options... and I've noticed that they still support the Hockey teams.. (still not sure why anyone would support the NBA... about as exciting as watching paint dry.. or even grass grow in AZ... No wait.. Grass growing in AZ is much more exciting than the NBA... ) enough that they are not pushing to relocate.. so what if they are 5th... 5th in NY is still better than first in pittsburgh...

If that were his only fault.. I could live with it.. the problem is.. even about the stuff he does talk about.. he's wrong more than half the time.. but he has a large captive audience.. so the bosses think he's doing a good job...
    I' not saying it the stats are! Attendance, TV viewers, merchandizing ect. Hockey lags all others in the Metro area. Far from BS. Rangers are the most popular of NY hockey teams as I said. They have a rabid and loyal fan base. Imo the market can not support three teams. In other sports no problem, hockey....big problem. Islanders are in a continuous battle with the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, they are trying to get out of their 25 year lease and relocate, presumably back to Long Island. NJ Devils play at a new arena in Newark, The Prudential Center. They are struggling with attendance, season tickets go unsold. Since 2012 they have seen a steady decline in attendance. With three Stanley Cups, five Conference Championships and ongoing rivalries with the Rangers, their attendance is underwhelming

Living so close to Canada I can understand your fascination with hockey, unfortunately the average NYC Metro fan doesn't share your passion.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Costanza View Post
    Don’t ever ****ing speak negatively of Mike Francesa is my presence again. You got that princess?

Mother****er
    The only positive thing I can say about him is this:
    His show ends every day...

The list of negatives.. Sorry.. that's longer than the number of people who have ever played in the major leagues..
    My 3 Favorite teams...
    1. The NY Yankees
    2. The Colorado Rockies
    3. Whoever is playing the Red Sox tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I' not saying it the stats are! Attendance, TV viewers, merchandizing ect. Hockey lags all others in the Metro area. Far from BS. Rangers are the most popular of NY hockey teams as I said. They have a rabid and loyal fan base. Imo the market can not support three teams. In other sports no problem, hockey....big problem. Islanders are in a continuous battle with the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, they are trying to get out of their 25 year lease and relocate, presumably back to Long Island. NJ Devils play at a new arena in Newark, The Prudential Center. They are struggling with attendance, season tickets go unsold. Since 2012 they have seen a steady decline in attendance. With three Stanley Cups, five Conference Championships and ongoing rivalries with the Rangers, their attendance is underwhelming

Living so close to Canada I can understand your fascination with hockey, unfortunately the average NYC Metro fan doesn't share your passion.
    Not being a hockey town does not mean they are the top attraction.. NY has 2 football teams (well, technically none.. but NJ is close enough), 2 MLB teams, at least 2 NBA teams and 3 hockey teams.. yes there are options... and all 3 teams are doing as well as ownership allows... just because they are not the top ranked.. does not mean they are not a hockey town.. just because Francesa says it don't make it so... they have 3 teams that get decent support.. non are threatening to leave town... just because they don't get the press.. which is the real problem.. guys like that poser don't give them the press so they fall to the "Back page" where only the die-hard fans are... if the clown treated the NBA teams with the same amount of angst.. (and the rest of the media there did too).. NY would not be an NBA town either..

Still... for a NOT hockey town.. hockey is still more popular there than most other non-canadian markets... (sorry... even the NFL in NY would have trouble competing with hockey north of the border..) where the only team is the NHL... I grew up in Buffalo.. NFL and NHL get top billing (in that order during the shared part of the seasons).. the MiLB team draws as many fans as many MLB teams do.. NBA left it was so popular...

Still.. more NHL fans in NYC than people in Buffalo... some non-hockey town... more like morons in the media keeping the sport down.. and the NHL sure needs some people at the top that can market things...
    My 3 Favorite teams...
    1. The NY Yankees
    2. The Colorado Rockies
    3. Whoever is playing the Red Sox tonight!

.. the MiLB team draws as many fans as many MLB teams do..
    Not even close.

The only positive thing I can say about him is this:
    His show ends every day...

The list of negatives.. Sorry.. that's longer than the number of people who have ever played in the major leagues..
    Can't believe this sacred thread has been derailed -- by Mike Francesa talk no less. Anyway, with due acknowledgement of Big Mike's, uh, quirks, I instruct anyone put off by him to listen to 5 minutes of the competing Michael Kay show on ESPN Radio. Insufferable discussions of pop culture, tweets and social media, faux bickering, self promoting -- not funny, not entertaining, not a lot of sports talk. Francesa feels like sweet relief afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Seats View Post
    Can't believe this sacred thread has been derailed -- by Mike Francesa talk no less. Anyway, with due acknowledgement of Big Mike's, uh, quirks, I instruct anyone put off by him to listen to 5 minutes of the competing Michael Kay show on ESPN Radio. Insufferable discussions of pop culture, tweets and social media, faux bickering, self promoting -- not funny, not entertaining, not a lot of sports talk. Francesa feels like sweet relief afterwards.
    Excellent point. Guys, let's stay on point here. We're still analyzing the Greene for Didi trade.

Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    Excellent point. Guys, let's stay on point here. We're still analyzing the Greene for Didi trade.
    If we still had Shane Greene we would be ahead in this series damn it.

This thread is pure gold.

Sorry but insulting The Godfather was a line that didn’t need to be crossed.

But to get back on track, Oak sent me this PM earlier today:

“Sometimes I take a Shane Greene bath. What’s that you ask? It’s when I pour nothing but gallons of lube and sensual rubbing oil in the tub and imagine this trade never happened and Shane was here with me.”

He’s a sick ****.

Good to see we are back on topic!
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Good to see we are back on topic!

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Mike Francessca is friends with Melo. He also hated the Didi trade.
    I heard him the other day saying it was a bad trade but his reasons are strange. He said that Greene looks more delicious. Whatever that means

The new Yankee star, Luke Voit

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Mike Francessca is friends with Melo. He also hated the Didi trade.
    I heard him the other day saying it was a bad trade but his reasons are strange. He said that Greene looks more delicious. Whatever that means
    I would imagine he takes Shane Greene baths, like Oak and JD.

A lot of people were mad at the Yanks for making this trade

It worked out very well in the end
    Lets go Mets

Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast