Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    eifert out for the year with horrific leg injury. really only free agent going into next year that dallas should have invested in but now likely not. he may not play again let alone next year.

dez wants to be a cowboy now. after months of slamming the team and the leaders of this team he wants to come back. translation is nobody but baltimore and cleveland has shown interest and now you got nowhere else to go but to seek forgiveness somehow.

His feelings were just hurt. He bought into being a Cowboy, so this season was a bit of a shock to him. He should have taken the 8 million dollar deal from Baltimore...that was a pretty good offer.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    His feelings were just hurt. He bought into being a Cowboy, so this season was a bit of a shock to him. He should have taken the 8 million dollar deal from Baltimore...that was a pretty good offer.
    Yeah, and he was right to be upset. They were scapegoating him and it's 100% obvious that he was not the issue in the passing game (imagine how bad it would have been without him there). I'd take him back in a heartbeat. Dude is a baller and maybe our redzone TD efficiency could improve. Even if you think that Dez is washed up, there is no denying that he is still adept at creating TDs.

We brought back Butler, Dez is better and could actually help us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Yeah, and he was right to be upset. They were scapegoating him and it's 100% obvious that he was not the issue in the passing game (imagine how bad it would have been without him there). I'd take him back in a heartbeat. Dude is a baller and maybe our redzone TD efficiency could improve. Even if you think that Dez is washed up, there is no denying that he is still adept at creating TDs.

I can see how on a human level his feelings were hurt. Regardless of his person demons and traits, he was a ride or die Cowboy...you know that he loved being a Cowboy. So it must have been traumatic for him when he felt like the franchise just dropped him like a hot potato. He had been told since he was drafted that he was going to add to the legacy of 88. He had some personality traits that were a little disruptive, but I did see him make an effort to try to curb that. He's no TO or Greg Hardy. Dez lacks the speed. But, he's a definite threat in the redzone where he can use his physicality.

So if you take him back, who goes? I would drop Williams or Hurns, think there is something in Williams contract that makes him harder to release.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post

i like how ballers cant get on with any teams. im not saying his career is over but baller is an extreme over statement.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    So if you take him back, who goes? I would drop Williams or Hurns, think there is something in Williams contract that makes him harder to release.
    Well I'd hope it'd be Williams honestly, but for some reason we haven't moved on from him yet. I think with his contract we don't save any money so they feel they may as well keep him?

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    I can see how on a human level his feelings were hurt. Regardless of his person demons and traits, he was a ride or die Cowboy...you know that he loved being a Cowboy. So it must have been traumatic for him when he felt like the franchise just dropped him like a hot potato. He had been told since he was drafted that he was going to add to the legacy of 88. He had some personality traits that were a little disruptive, but I did see him make an effort to try to curb that. He's no TO or Greg Hardy. Dez lacks the speed. But, he's a definite threat in the redzone where he can use his physicality.
    Yeah he definitely loved the Cowboys. I really don't see us bringing him back, but I'd be down. If we don't then at least we ought to keep getting Gallup more looks

this team is what it is player wise. nothing is going to change here. its up to the coaches to get the most out of whatever they have.

now going forward into next year, the entire focus for at least the most part should be on getting weapons. this is the third youngest team in the nfl as its currently composed and at the same time a veteran squad. draft has to be weapons. im not bringing back beasley. im taking Neal (6'4 225) as an outside threat and in the second right now im looking at brown (OU) to replace beasley. beasley is a great slot WR but we need to find explosive plays and they all dont have to be from outside guys, cole isnt that type of player. if no TE emerges this year im still hopeful for Eifert, yes hes injured a lot, yes he just had a horrible injury but if he can and plans to play next year we need him. its a roll of the dice but every QB no matter how good needs a safety blanket and that typically is a TE.

now even if we got all of those guys, even if gallup emerges as a #2 outside type of guy. this team doesnt need to get pass happy. sure its exciting but Zeke is still going to be the best player on the team and the offense should be ran around and off of him. we know dak can make all the throws but hes not that type of qb to fling it 40 times a game. this OL is not that type of OL to pass protect 40 times a game. its not pretty, its not flashy but wins matter not how exciting it is. if you have more than one guy that can get open on 2nd and 13 or 3rd and 7 the defense will have problems.

i'd rather win games 31-13 while owning time of possession and being dominate on offense than to have a great defense (though i still want one) and have a qb chucking the ball 40 times for 300 yards with 2 TD and 2 INT. Being we are on pace to draft somewhere between 8-20 we should be able to get some weapons in the draft. now you still have to coach them up, they always carry a bust factor. Give me two guys that can work the outside, doesnt even have to be deep. Give me a big body in the middle and a shifty guy in the middle. Still seek your big plays during the games but you shouldnt have to rely on it.

im not saying this year is lost, though with the schedule coming up, it feels that way. but going forward we need to get back to 2016 instead of thinking we need pat mahomes.

Do you remember when Goff couldnt play football with Jeff Fisher. Garrett is the Jeff Fisher of the Cowboys.

There are some coaches that are very good teachers. Andy Reid's staff seems to be very good. But, that's a year round thing. There are no quick fixes. Josh Gordon looked pretty good with Tom Brady btw.

Rumors place Lincoln Riley as Hugh Jackson's replacement in Cleveland. Ouch. That team would likely be a contender with an innovative young offensive mind.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Rumors place Lincoln Riley as Hugh Jackson's replacement in Cleveland. Ouch. That team would likely be a contender with an innovative young offensive mind.

watching OU opening drive today. there is no way that dak couldnt run that offense here. still need weapons but 6'2 250 dak would ball out in that offense.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415