Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Well looks like Winston should be suspended for 6 games too.
    That should be automatic regardless if this is true or not.

We can discuss the Browns moves here. They are pretty exciting really. Imagine if they add Saquon Barkley to the mix too? Plus they still have a ton of cap space. They could legit be a playoff team next year.

Also, the Dolphins are going to cut Suh today. He is overpaid, but still really talented.

The Bills didn't appreciate Tyrod Taylor and treated him like a scrub. He's the 4th most efficient QB. Yeah, he might not be an elite QB as of yet, but there are only a few of those. They lost 6 of their games by a very tiny margin and all of it was due to their QB throwing 28 picks. If they reduce the picks, they win a few of those games. And I can't imagine Tyrod not doing better throwing at Landry, Josh Gordon and Saquon Barkely. They have money to get a real good tight end too.

By the way, the Browns have 77.9 million to spend, plus the #1 pick, the #4, three 2nd round picks, a 3rd rounder, two 4th rounders, etc. They are going after Terell Pryor....and are also interested in Allen Robinson and Sammy Watkins. They are also interested Redskins corner Breeland.

Things are happening fast and furious. Case Keenum's going to sign with the Broncos. The Bears are going to sign Allen Robinson. Suh's about to be cut from the dolphins. Wonder if any fans here are interested in Suh. He could take on double teams.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    The Bills didn't appreciate Tyrod Taylor and treated him like a scrub. He's the 4th most efficient QB. Yeah, he might not be an elite QB as of yet, but there are only a few of those. They lost 6 of their games by a very tiny margin and all of it was due to their QB throwing 28 picks. If they reduce the picks, they win a few of those games. And I can't imagine Tyrod not doing better throwing at Landry, Josh Gordon and Saquon Barkely. They have money to get a real good tight end too.
    I never understood why the Bills disliked Taylor so much. He is a solid QB. They will struggle to find his replacement.

By the way, the Browns have 77.9 million to spend, plus the #1 pick, the #4, three 2nd round picks, a 3rd rounder, two 4th rounders, etc. They are going after Terell Pryor....and are also interested in Allen Robinson and Sammy Watkins. They are also interested Redskins corner Breeland.
    Yeah they're going guns blazing. No reason not to coming off an 0-16 year haha. I think their WR situation should be set, idk why they'd sign Pryor. Should focus on an o-lineman and some defensive players IMO.

Things are happening fast and furious. Case Keenum's going to sign with the Broncos. The Bears are going to sign Allen Robinson. Suh's about to be cut from the dolphins. Wonder if any fans here are interested in Suh. He could take on double teams.
    Yeah a ton of stuff happening. I don't like Suh and don't think we can afford him here anyway. He is still going to cost probably $8M. If he was $6M I'd take a shot.

BTW, the Watkins contract is a big one. It's 3 years $48M. That's $16M a year. That's more than Dez's contract on an annual basis.

Watkins 2017: 15 games, 39 catches, 593 yards, 8 TDs.

The 8 TDs are good, but that's an insane amount of money to pay him. Maybe we can cool off the Dez is overpaid discussion now lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    I never understood why the Bills disliked Taylor so much. He is a solid QB. They will struggle to find his replacement.

Yeah they're going guns blazing. No reason not to coming off an 0-16 year haha. I think their WR situation should be set, idk why they'd sign Pryor. Should focus on an o-lineman and some defensive players IMO.

Yeah a ton of stuff happening. I don't like Suh and don't think we can afford him here anyway. He is still going to cost probably $8M. If he was $6M I'd take a shot.
    Their coach made the disasterous decision to bench him and go with a rookie QB that proceeded to throw a bunch of picks that almost cost them the season--the coach had to reluctantly go back to Tyrod to save their season and get in the playoffs. Taylor should have a much easier time throwing to Landry, Gordon and Barkely. The Browns has 79 million and a ton of premium picks, so they'll be able to add a bunch. Pryor's value is down, so they'll be able to get him for cheap.

BTW, the Watkins contract is a big one. It's 3 years $48M. That's $16M a year. That's more than Dez's contract on an annual basis.

Watkins 2017: 15 games, 39 catches, 593 yards, 8 TDs.

The 8 TDs are good, but that's an insane amount of money to pay him. Maybe we can cool off the Dez is overpaid discussion now lol.
    Most teams are paying him off potential...since he's young and explosive. I am leery of giving huge contracts to guys that haven't proven it or are starting to decline.

Most teams are paying him off potential...since he's young and explosive. I am leery of giving huge contracts to guys that haven't proven it or are starting to decline.
    Yeah I agree.

Other big moves today are Jordy Nelson being released, Jimmy Graham going to Packers, Bradford to Arizona, Keenum to Denver, Amendola to Miami, and a bunch of others.

For NFC East opponents, not a ton happened today. Brashaud Breeland left Washington which is good. Jonathan Stewart signed with the Giants. That's not a big deal at all.

Yeah I agree.

Other big moves today are Jordy Nelson being released, Jimmy Graham going to Packers, Bradford to Arizona, Keenum to Denver, Amendola to Miami, and a bunch of others.

For NFC East opponents, not a ton happened today. Brashaud Breeland left Washington which is good. Jonathan Stewart signed with the Giants. That's not a big deal at all.
    Arizona signing Bradford for a big contract seems like a bad move...Sam, while a smart QB, has degenerative knee condition....who knows how he'll hold up and when he'll suddenly go down. He hasn't been healthy his entire career and the last stretch, he suddenly played really bad in a game against the Bears and it turned out to be that knee condition. I don't understand Miami's moves. They are cash strapped, so they get rid of Landry, but decide to pay Amendola? Breeland didn't look amazing...but maybe a change of scenery will help him. Well, let's just hope that the Giants don't get Barkely. I'd hate for our defense to guard a guy like that. Come on, Browns take him! I am also not sure about the 49ers handing Sherman a 39 million contract. The guy suffered a serious injury....if it was based on name recognition, yes....but recovering from injuries always concern me. Of course, teh big news is Kirk Cousins in Minnesota. They are really great at coaching QBs... and Cousins should really enjoy playing on a team that's loaded. Not to mention Davin Cook will be back.

Arizona signing Bradford for a big contract seems like a bad move...Sam, while a smart QB, has degenerative knee condition....who knows how he'll hold up and when he'll suddenly go down. He hasn't been healthy his entire career and the last stretch, he suddenly played really bad in a game against the Bears and it turned out to be that knee condition. I don't understand Miami's moves. They are cash strapped, so they get rid of Landry, but decide to pay Amendola? Breeland didn't look amazing...but maybe a change of scenery will help him. Well, let's just hope that the Giants don't get Barkely. I'd hate for our defense to guard a guy like that. Come on, Browns take him! I am also not sure about the 49ers handing Sherman a 39 million contract. The guy suffered a serious injury....if it was based on name recognition, yes....but recovering from injuries always concern me. Of course, teh big news is Kirk Cousins in Minnesota. They are really great at coaching QBs... and Cousins should really enjoy playing on a team that's loaded. Not to mention Davin Cook will be back.
    Vikings will be good for sure. Cousins is a good improvement and they probably are the top team in the NFC going into the year I think.

For Bradford, I think it makes sense for Arizona. It's a lot of money, but Bradford has talent if he can stay healthy. It's only a 1 year deal so very little risk for Arizona. At worst they'll still be better than last year when Palmer was hurt all year.

Vikings will be good for sure. Cousins is a good improvement and they probably are the top team in the NFC going into the year I think.

For Bradford, I think it makes sense for Arizona. It's a lot of money, but Bradford has talent if he can stay healthy. It's only a 1 year deal so very little risk for Arizona. At worst they'll still be better than last year when Palmer was hurt all year.
    I think they are better off using that money, building their offensive line and other parts of their team. They are already cash strapped and Bradford takes up that money. He's not the long term solution, so I'd rather take a step back to build a core than have stop gap measures like this.

Packers cut Jordy Nelson. They signed DE Wilkerson. Malcolm Butler's going to the Titans. Are the Cowboys going to make any moves in free agency? I think most of the big names are gone. I think maybe Poe is out there and Trumaine Johnson.

Trumaine Johnson has been snatched up by the Jets.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast