Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Seems like I should have shopped elsewhere.

To be honest I enjoy making deals. It is part of the fun of fantasy leagues.

(If it were dynasty I wouldn't be so bold trading Trout).

I see Hamels as an upgrade over deGrom, especially with QS replacing W as a category. His consistency and reliability is something I wanted next to Bumgarner, Sale and Gray. It is possible I am selling deGrom short on his ability to do that, but I feel more comfortable with Hamels week to week.

Brantley finished No 7 on the fantasy rater last year. He provides the speed and power package (albeit not as significantly) with a better average. I was hoping to get him in the draft - but obviously having the top pick changed my plan (in a good way).

I hope I didn't upset anyone with the deal.
    I don't mind the trade at all, just surprised that Trout would be moved. I've tried to get him in my other leagues and get laughed at.

Quote Originally Posted by joshhorvath View Post
    also noodles, would like to set up a mini blockbuster with you based on what you wanted.
    I'm always up for negotiations

Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    I don't vote against any trades (other than the obviously lopsided ones), as I think managers have different visions for their teams. But I would have overpaid if I knew Trout was available :-) I think people should post their available players on this thread. Then we can all get involved.
    That would make it fun to have more trade talks in this thread. Unfortunately I'm not sure how many owners are regularly active. It certainly seems that about half the owners don't change their lineups too often.

And I'm not sure I would stomach trading Trout to the team stepping on my heels .

noodles, our teams are very comparable. high power/RBI offence and good SP/variety of RP that can give us a SV/Hold any night. So we're both looking for the same thing. i dont have one thing that i could trade you to help you out and vice versa.
    JETS
    MAPLE LEAFS
    RAPTORS
    BLUE JAYS
    BENGALS

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    That would make it fun to have more trade talks in this thread. Unfortunately I'm not sure how many owners are regularly active. It certainly seems that about half the owners don't change their lineups too often.

And I'm not sure I would stomach trading Trout to the team stepping on my heels .
    4 managers havent been active since middle of April.

DracoNation-Apr.9th
    DubbyDubbs- Apr.18th
    LOL-Apr.14th
    Peter North Stars-Apr.7th

other then that, everyone else has checked in between may18th and today.. you can check when managers are active by.. League>Managers. Currently we have 6 manaers with 7 or more roster moves
    Last edited by joshhorvath; 05-23-2015 at 11:29 PM.
    JETS
    MAPLE LEAFS
    RAPTORS
    BLUE JAYS
    BENGALS

As for myself.. anyone thats reading this.. Billy Hamilton needs some help with SB. i have Zobrist coming back from injuries, but Hamiltons 17SB is helping me alot, but i just need another batter to help out. i got many sluggers, surplus of RP that can get you a SV or H any night. Got a few quality SP.. with Burnett or Sheilds available if anyone needs K help.

btw, dont try and snag Cruz or EE away from me in the same sense that Trout was taken away.. these are two of the top offensive players in the mlb, and their trade value will reflect that. Would not accept a Cruz for Hamels deal any day of the week.
    JETS
    MAPLE LEAFS
    RAPTORS
    BLUE JAYS
    BENGALS

one last thing.. almost 2 months into the season.. how many top 100 players do you have? how has your team performed since the draft.. my team, started slow, 3 dreadful loses to start the season while my players started slow. getting back into rhythm, also as of today.. 10 top 100 players in my starting lineup, with brandon phillips at 110 and hamilton at 115.

and... who has been your best FA pickup? mine would have to be Brandon Crawford, SS for the giants.. 6/28/2/.299 line... career year numbers for the SS so far. Also have to add Carson Smith, setup man for the Mariners. 27 Ks, 0.95 ERA 0.55 WHIP and 7 holds.. been a great addition to my BP. Jason Grilli also deserves honourable mentions, but his 4.72 ERA troubles me, but he has picked up 12 saves for me, so he's doing his job.. just not as lights out as i would like.
    Last edited by joshhorvath; 05-23-2015 at 11:57 PM.
    JETS
    MAPLE LEAFS
    RAPTORS
    BLUE JAYS
    BENGALS

papelbon is off the market. aquired for Marcus Semien. 6/15/7/.297 line with ability to play 2B,SS,3B. Great to add an utility player who can give you a nice mix of everything offensively. should probably be sliding into the 2B spot for me right now.

I lost Papelbon and his 11 saves, but i quickly replaced that with Kevin Jepsen and his 12 holds on the year from the FA market. Will be looking to add Sergio Romo into my BP as well when he clears waivers.
    JETS
    MAPLE LEAFS
    RAPTORS
    BLUE JAYS
    BENGALS

one last thing.. almost 2 months into the season.. how many top 100 players do you have? how has your team performed since the draft.. my team, started slow, 3 dreadful loses to start the season while my players started slow. getting back into rhythm, also as of today.. 10 top 100 players in my starting lineup, with brandon phillips at 110 and hamilton at 115.

and... who has been your best FA pickup? mine would have to be Brandon Crawford, SS for the giants.. 6/28/2/.299 line... career year numbers for the SS so far. Also have to add Carson Smith, setup man for the Mariners. 27 Ks, 0.95 ERA 0.55 WHIP and 7 holds.. been a great addition to my BP. Jason Grilli also deserves honourable mentions, but his 4.72 ERA troubles me, but he has picked up 12 saves for me, so he's doing his job.. just not as lights out as i would like.
    Best FA's for me have been Russell Martin and Mike Moustakas.

Currently I have 6 top 100 players.

Martin
    Rizzo
    Altuve
    Moustakas
    ARod
    Betances

I also have 4 more guys in the top 110

Inciarte
    Kluber
    Haren
    Simon

noodles, our teams are very comparable. high power/RBI offence and good SP/variety of RP that can give us a SV/Hold any night. So we're both looking for the same thing. i dont have one thing that i could trade you to help you out and vice versa.
    Yeah, I just thought Papelbon and ARod lined up well for a trade. I need some more guaranteed saves.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Yeah, I just thought Papelbon and ARod lined up well for a trade. I need some more guaranteed saves.
    they did theoretically, but im not looking for HR & RBI right now. was looking for someone that can also swipe bags and hit for avg. your closest player would be altuve, but you wouldnt trade him straight up for papelbon. Aquiring Semien allows me to gain an all around utility player who can play in all infield positions. He may be **** on defense, but he gets the job done on offense.

Also, look for RP that can give you holds.. holds and saves are the same thing in this league, not too many people realize that. Ill see how Semien turns out for my squad, then ill approach you with hamilton and one of my RP.
    Last edited by joshhorvath; 05-24-2015 at 07:54 PM.
    JETS
    MAPLE LEAFS
    RAPTORS
    BLUE JAYS
    BENGALS

But tulowitzki is avalible for trade. looking for high K SP
    JETS
    MAPLE LEAFS
    RAPTORS
    BLUE JAYS
    BENGALS

they did theoretically, but im not looking for HR & RBI right now. was looking for someone that can also swipe bags and hit for avg. your closest player would be altuve, but you wouldnt trade him straight up for papelbon. Aquiring Semien allows me to gain an all around utility player who can play in all infield positions. He may be **** on defense, but he gets the job done on offense.

Also, look for RP that can give you holds.. holds and saves are the same thing in this league, not too many people realize that. Ill see how Semien turns out for my squad, then ill approach you with hamilton and one of my RP.
    I'm aware, that's why I have three of them on my team. But I want to consolidate. With closers, you know that they're gonna get plenty of opportunities for the saves. But with holds, it's a complete crap shoot. So if I get a closer, I can have the closer get me the same amount of saves+holds with only using one roster spot.

For the record, I find the Saves + Holds category to be far more interesting than the classic Saves. Elite relievers will find ways to get into high leverage situations, so it doesn't matter so much that guys like Wade Davis or Dellin Betances aren't in a specific closing "role."

Because there are so many viable candidates for Saves + Holds it also gives more candidates to contribute to ERA, WHIP and K's. Rather than each team having just 2-4 designated closers, now each team can start 6 RP per day and get more value out of those positions (assuming they don't have more than 2 starters rolling out on any given day).

For those that set up the pool, you did a great job with the rotisserie categories,

hey all. got that seething email from that guy lol.

I've been busy with travelling this year so I'm exhausted and basically uninterested this spring period. Hopefully the summer will reignite the passion!! (and time gets freed up)

This is my schedule: if I'm not travelling

Sunday: Church and softball league #1 games
    Monday: Work and soccer league
    Tuesday: Work and softball league #2 games
    Wednesday: Work and volleyball
    Thursday: Work and softball league #3 practices
    Friday: Work and usually in bed by 9pm
    Saturday: catch up any work, house chores, mowing + lawn care and softball league #3 games

so i apologize ahead of schedule if i only check in once or twice a week during the summer =(

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast