Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 492 of 499 FirstFirst ... 392442482490491492493494 ... LastLast
Results 7,366 to 7,380 of 7476
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Tag-7/10
    pretty funny, made me wish I had 4 friends who played a life long game of tag
    I'd like to know how much the truth was stretched in that one; IIRC it was based on true events. It was pretty good.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Tag-7/10
    pretty funny, made me wish I had 4 friends who played a life long game of tag
    Wouldn’t rate it 7/10 (I think I did rate it here before) but it was ok and definitely did like the cast and the idea behind it. Agreed with doing something like this with lifelong friends though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Prisoners- 9/10

Didn't really know much about it going in, but thought it was great.

Exorcist- 9/10 Finally got around to watching it for the first time.

Night of the living Dead- 9/10 First time watching this as well. I didn't know that this was the first movie that a black actor played a lead role in a movie.

the way way back- 8.5/10 loved Sam Rockwells character in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    Prisoners- 9/10

Night of the living Dead- 9/10 First time watching this as well. I didn't know that this was the first movie that a black actor played a lead role in a movie.

That is a movie that gets better and better for me the more I watch it. As I've gotten older the horror for me is not necessarily the possessed girl, though that is unsettling, it is the hopelessness and loss of control. The poor mother, doctor(s), neurosurgeons, even Father Karras etc are all helpless as this girl gets worse and worse. The speech between Merrin and Karras on the steps is great if you watched the "Version You've Never Seen Before" edition. It's the one with the stupid demon faces flashing quickly on screen occasionally in the film.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    That is a movie that gets better and better for me the more I watch it. As I've gotten older the horror for me is not necessarily the possessed girl, though that is unsettling, it is the hopelessness and loss of control. The poor mother, doctor(s), neurosurgeons, even Father Karras etc are all helpless as this girl gets worse and worse. The speech between Merrin and Karras on the steps is great if you watched the "Version You've Never Seen Before" edition. It's the one with the stupid demon faces flashing quickly on screen occasionally in the film.
    I didn't see that version, but I will have to check it out. Fun fact: Father Karras is Jason Patrics dad.

Prisoners- 9/10

Yeah, Prisoners is excellent. Couple of really good lead performances and a tense, engaging plot.

I didn't see that version, but I will have to check it out. Fun fact: Father Karras is Jason Patrics dad.
    This scene specifically: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t0QRlOifSc

Huh, did not know that. I know he was a big time playwright before the movie. Apparently according to Freidkin, they originally had Stacey Keach cast in the role as Karras but by chance caught a play of Jason Miller and wanted him. Apparently Miller was going through his own crisis of faith at the time so it felt like a perfect match for Miller and Karras.

Rush- 8/10 Liked this more than I thought I would

Disturbia- 8/10 Another movie I didn't know much about going in and was better than I was expecting.

Professor Marston & his wonder women- 4/10 Strange story. The guy was interesting, but the story fell flat to me.

Lawless- 7/10- I don't usually like movies like this, but I enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Yeah, Prisoners is excellent. Couple of really good lead performances and a tense, engaging plot.
    Yeah, it was way better than I was expecting. The bad part is I was watching it on a stream and the stream quit before it was over. I had to buy it on Amazon for $2 to watch the last 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    This scene specifically: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t0QRlOifSc

Huh, did not know that. I know he was a big time playwright before the movie. Apparently according to Freidkin, they originally had Stacey Keach cast in the role as Karras but by chance caught a play of Jason Miller and wanted him. Apparently Miller was going through his own crisis of faith at the time so it felt like a perfect match for Miller and Karras.
    Thanks for that. It's amazing that Max Von Sydow was still alive until this March. It's more amazing that he was only 44 in that movie. He looks 60. Yeah, since I'm not working right now and just watching movies I like to look up the movies I am watching and look up the characters. That is how I find out who they are related to or what other movies I might want to see or have seen them in.

Thanks for that. It's amazing that Max Von Sydow was still alive until this March. It's more amazing that he was only 44 in that movie. He looks 60. Yeah, since I'm not working right now and just watching movies I like to look up the movies I am watching and look up the characters. That is how I find out who they are related to or what other movies I might want to see or have seen them in.
    Makes sense and it can introduce you into a world of new and strange **** lol. The makeup effects in that film were stunning, still better than some modern effects to this day. On a similar note Ii you want a great Max Von Sydow movie(s) check out Seventh Seal and Virgin Spring (the template that Wes Craven followed Last House On The Left but not nearly as exploitative).

Freaky 6/10

I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Mank: 8/10

Gary Oldman is great as always as the writer behind Citizen Kane and the reasons why the movie came to be written the way it was. Dialogue was snappy and engaging, with a take on the political back drop of Hollywood at the time (and a reflection to today perhaps). I don't think it always hold up tightly snapping from time period-to-period and there is a lot of "inside baseball" talk but it never felt too sloppy or unwatchable/confusing.

Run 6/10 - ‘‘twas ok

Anyone seen Tenet yet? Started it last night, got maybe 45 minutes in, and it was just not gelling with me at all. So I turned it off and watched some Clone Wars instead.