Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 466 of 492 FirstFirst ... 366416456464465466467468476 ... LastLast
Results 6,976 to 6,990 of 7377
    Snowpiercer, 8.5/10

Pretty damn entertaining and creative look at a dystopian future where the small amount of survivors left live on a train in perpetual motion across the globe. Stars Chris Evans, directed and written by Bong Joon Ho (the guy behind Parasite).

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Cats: 0/10
    Of course I knew it was bad going in but I was hoping for the campy, bat **** insanity that a movie like Rocky Horror Picture Show. Nope. What makes it so bad and unredeemable is the whole thing feels like it is padding. Yes the plot is stupid, characters lame, CGI awful, but it is a movie with a bare bones story about getting into a heaven of sorts, barely moves, and pads it's length out tremendously.

Muppet Treasure Island: 6/10
    Cute, fun, and of course powered by Tim Curry. I can't help but feel like the Muppets were really inconsequential outside of it being a Muppet movie thus they need to be in the movie. It feels more about Jack and Long John Silver which is fine but never gave me enough to fully care.

47 Meters Down: Uncaged: 4/10
    I need to stop letting friends suggest movies. The original one I thought was fine for what it was and kept it small. Naturally this has to go large with lesser characters. Bleh.

Verotika: Entertaining/10
    It is absolutely awful and yet entertaining in the same way The Room is though I do think the last segment is too "competent" (I say that lightly) compared to the trainwrecks of segments 1 and 2 completing boring me through the last 30 minutes.
    heard the comparison to the room too. guess the director is some washed up metal guy or something

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Snowpiercer, 8.5/10

Pretty damn entertaining and creative look at a dystopian future where the small amount of survivors left live on a train in perpetual motion across the globe. Stars Chris Evans, directed and written by Bong Joon Ho (the guy behind Parasite).
    that movie was pretty awesome.

check out the fan theories connecting that movie to willy Wonka.

Lock Up (1989): 6.5/10

With so much time in the house, I'm making my way through all of Stallone's movies. He has been my favorite actor since my childhood and it's a personal goal of mine to see all of his films. I'm watching some for the first time and others that I have seen countless times.

This was a good film. Good plot twists. Stallone's performance was great. He considerably outshined Sutherland. Man, the 80s action films were so much better than today's. Movies were still Hollywood then and didn't need to be so true to life. I miss that.

okja, 7/10

Beautifully shot film by Bong Joon Ho with some pretty damn good CGI for the creature the movie is named after. Really liked the young lead but almost every other character was pretty damn unlikable. The tone and pace of it was kind of weird as well. Worth seeing but not nearly as good as the other Ho movies I've seen.

Jake Gyllenhaal plays an especially obnoxious character in a role you would not expect to see him in. I am not sure if how much I disliked his character was because he did a great job or a subpar job. Seeing as how I usually really appreciate what he brings to a role, I'm guessing the former....but OTOH the character just seemed kinda ridiculous and annoying.
    Last edited by spliff(TONE); 04-13-2020 at 01:29 AM.

Free Solo - 9/10

Really loved this documentary on climbing El Capitan's 900-metre vertical rock face at Yosemite National Park. Dives into the overall process and the physiological aspects of it as well.

okja, 7/10

Beautifully shot film by Bong Joon Ho with some pretty damn good CGI for the creature the movie is named after. Really liked the young lead but almost every other character was pretty damn unlikable. The tone and pace of it was kind of weird as well. Worth seeing but not nearly as good as the other Ho movies I've seen.

Jake Gyllenhaal plays an especially obnoxious character in a role you would not expect to see him in. I am not sure if how much I disliked his character was because he did a great job or a subpar job. Seeing as how I usually really appreciate what he brings to a role, I'm guessing the former....but OTOH the character just seemed kinda ridiculous and annoying.
    I'll give Gyllenhaal credit for trying something different, but like you said, the character was very obnoxious.

The movie was solid though. I remember seeing it when it was first released on Netflix.

Castaway 1/10

The **** sucked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Castaway 1/10

The **** sucked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed.

I wonder what older me would think about it but I have found memories of castaway. one of few movies to make me care about an inanimate object

I hated it when I saw it in theaters as a teenager.

I hated it when I saw it in theaters as a teenager.
    were u full of teenage angst back then?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    were u full of teenage angst back then?
    Nah. I simply didn't (and still don't) like ******, overrated movies.

You mean you didn't like a volleyball being a supporting character?

I remember not having strong feelings either way, but knowing I never wanted to watch it again. I guess that means I didn't like it, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    You mean you didn't like a volleyball being a supporting character?

I remember not having strong feelings either way, but knowing I never wanted to watch it again. I guess that means I didn't like it, lol.
    I was expecting more adventure, less feeling sorry for one's self and talking to an inanimate object. I also thought the ending was ultra cheesy and cliche.