Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 443 of 449 FirstFirst ... 343393433441442443444445 ... LastLast
Results 6,631 to 6,645 of 6734
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    Yeah, I enjoyed it as well. Nobody is going to see it for whatever reason.
    tim miller trashed the fan base if they dint find a tiny girl a believable. other fans are getting tired of agendas in most movies now

wonder how James Cameron feels about seeing his character killed off and undermined by a far inferior product. given how he felt about his alien cast being crushed in another horrible sequel
    Last edited by Chronz; 11-12-2019 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    tim miller trashed the fan base if they dint find a tiny girl a believable. other fans are getting tired of agendas in most movies now

wonder how James Cameron feels about seeing his character killed off and undermined by a far inferior product. given how he felt about his alien cast being crushed in another horrible sequel
    I don't want to go off on a tangent here, but the girl power action movies will never do it for me. Look, is it ridiculous that Jet Li beats up 12 guys at once? Yes. But is it impossible for me to watch Charlize Theron beat up that many guys at once? Yes.

I just can't watch a 110 lb woman be an action hero, because in real life, those women don't exist at all. There is a massive difference in strength between the sexes, and I have been involved in martial arts for 25 years and counting, and understand these differences. Rhonda Rousey wouldn't last 1 minute against me, and I am not even a large man for example. It just makes it impossible for me to watch action movies where a tiny, hot woman is the hero. One of the only exceptions I can think of off hand, is Haywire, which starred Gina Carrano, a 5'11", 180 lb woman, who beat up 1 guy at a time, which is kinda believeable considering her size/training, and the 1-1 deal. Or at least, acceptable.

Sorry for the rant, I just shake my head at this womens action movement. Sniper movie starring a woman? Sure, bring it on, that actually happened. Martial arts involving a tiny woman whipping a bunch of men? Nope, next please.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Not the first time you've made almost that exact same rant.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Not the first time you've made almost that exact same rant.
    oh I know it dude. Hollywoods agenda really doesn't bother me regarding social issues. But I take near offense to watching a 110lb chick whip up a bunch of dudes who are supposed to be trained killers haha

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    oh I know it dude. Hollywoods agenda really doesn't bother me regarding social issues. But I take near offense to watching a 110lb chick whip up a bunch of dudes who are supposed to be trained killers haha
    She has training in killing killers lol

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    She has training in killing killers lol
    Oh I get I am nitpicking because movies aren't reality at all. But you are military, and probably fully realize that no matter how much training a person has, if they are 60% the bodyweight, and half the strength of multiple opponents at once, they are not going to survive. Again, just nitpicking. I can kind of accept the kung fu flying around movies, those are basically fantasy anyways and they have swords/spears/etc, but even then...

Again, I am being annoying about this, I know. Watching Kill Bill, I just shake my head. And I totally gloss over that it's kind of a good movie. All because I can't watch a chick destroy 50 dudes.

Oh I get I am nitpicking because movies aren't reality at all. But you are military, and probably fully realize that no matter how much training a person has, if they are 60% the bodyweight, and half the strength of multiple opponents at once, they are not going to survive. Again, just nitpicking. I can kind of accept the kung fu flying around movies, those are basically fantasy anyways and they have swords/spears/etc, but even then...

Again, I am being annoying about this, I know. Watching Kill Bill, I just shake my head. And I totally gloss over that it's kind of a good movie. All because I can't watch a chick destroy 50 dudes.
    As someone in the military I can tell you the vast majority of things in movies regarding action are so absurd that if you start focusing on it all, you'll never enjoy a movie again. I mean, to me a person using a pistol to deadshot multiple people in the head from 50 yards away without missing is equally as preposterous as a skinny female beating up a dude (let alone a dozen).

Obviously, sometimes the offense is worse in certain movies and that makes me less likely to watch those movies. And yes, there have been movies where I saw a 100lb female beating up a dude and thought "c'mon".

I finally saw "Fire In the Sky", even though it came out in 1993 (and even though I'm a UFO/paranormal enthusiast). It was very good, but Travis Walton's friends/co-workers probably weren't as redneck as they were portrayed -- especially Allan Dallas, who reminded me of Loretta Lynn's husband in "Cole Miner's Daughter". {LOL}

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    As someone in the military I can tell you the vast majority of things in movies regarding action are so absurd that if you start focusing on it all, you'll never enjoy a movie again. I mean, to me a person using a pistol to deadshot multiple people in the head from 50 yards away without missing is equally as preposterous as a skinny female beating up a dude (let alone a dozen).

Obviously, sometimes the offense is worse in certain movies and that makes me less likely to watch those movies. And yes, there have been movies where I saw a 100lb female beating up a dude and thought "c'mon".
    For sure man. 80s action movies define that haha. Arnold carrying 200 lbs of **** while being shot at by 8 dudes who can't hit him, he slowly drops his stuff, kills all 8, and picks it all up and keeps going. Seems realistic...

I've been slacking on 2019 films, so I'm trying to bang out a bunch.

This week I've seen:

Midsommar: 8.5/10

I thoroughly enjoyed it. It kept my attention the whole time. However the whole time I had no idea if I was enjoying it at all, but still the pacing felt perfect. Visually and tonally it was incredibly impressive. It's the movie that's stuck with me the most. I think I enjoyed Hereditary a little more but Ari is a force and I can't wait to see what's next. Apparently he's sitting on a heap of scripts.

The King: 7.5/10

Nothing that felt terribly new but it was well-acted and well-shot, and it hit the emotional notes it needed to. Robert Pattinson was a delight (weird) and Chalamet deserves the hype. Just an overall solid and satisfying-enough period drama.

Toy Story 4: 7.5/10

I don't like the franchise as much as most but I enjoyed it. Nothing more to say.

Last, but certainly not least:

Parasite: 9.25/10

Go see it. In theaters, if possible. One of the more enjoyable film experiences I've had. Made by Bong Joon-ho, the same guy who made Snowpiercer and The Host. I loved both those movies and this felt like a blend of the best parts of each. I loved it.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

Blackkklansman

Loved it. Holy celebs

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I've been slacking on 2019 films, so I'm trying to bang out a bunch.

This week I've seen:

Midsommar: 8.5/10

I thoroughly enjoyed it. It kept my attention the whole time. However the whole time I had no idea if I was enjoying it at all, but still the pacing felt perfect. Visually and tonally it was incredibly impressive. It's the movie that's stuck with me the most. I think I enjoyed Hereditary a little more but Ari is a force and I can't wait to see what's next. Apparently he's sitting on a heap of scripts.
    Would you recommend Midsommar to someone even if they thought Hereditary was a complete joke of a movie?

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Would you recommend Midsommar to someone even if they thought Hereditary was a complete joke of a movie?
    Oh man, I thought it was just me. I hated Hereditary. I thought it was completely ridiculous.

While I enjoyed the new Terminator movie, this was a complaint I had. Way too much girl power for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    Oh man, I thought it was just me. I hated Hereditary. I thought it was completely ridiculous.
    I think everyone in the theater I saw it at felt the same. People were laughing, groaning, and making that clicking noise the young daughter makes throughout the entire movie. I don't understand the hype for this movie one bit.