Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 378 of 485 FirstFirst ... 278328368376377378379380388428478 ... LastLast
Results 5,656 to 5,670 of 7269
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Eighth Grade (2018) - 8/10 - Solid drama.

Wonderful film about the trials and insecurities of an 8th grader in her last week at school before entering high school. Acting was exceptional.

Brings back memories when I was a kid.
    I thought it sucked. Boring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I thought it sucked. Boring

If you're not into dramas, it wouldn't be for you.

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen XXV

If you're not into dramas, it wouldn't be for you.
    You thought it was dramatic? I really liked dadís talk with her in the backyard

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    You thought it was dramatic? I really liked dadís talk with her in the backyard

I was glued to the screen watching this film, It was real life authenticity.

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Real life can be pretty boring. Thatís why good art is hard to make

Its not real life b/c it has AI and its about an old person instead of a young one but I really loved Majjorie Prime and it deals with some similar things. loneliness, human connection etc. Sorry I wanted to like 8th grade I just didn't

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/marjorie_prime

Overlord: 7/10

Fun nazi zombie flick. Stupid, but fun.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Overlord: 7/10

Fun nazi zombie flick. Stupid, but fun.
    Itís the closets Wolfenstein movie that we probably ever get, so I wanna see it.

Leon, the professional - 6/10 - First time I watched this film was about 8 years ago and I loved it. However, it hasn't aged well for me and I find the film to be kinda silly and also a bit perverted. As I'm a bit more mature now, the scenes with a half dressed 13 year old Natalie Portman trying to seduce Jean Reno are definitely bordering along pedophilia. Which I find disturbing.

The performances are pretty decent, particularly Natalie's and the story is OK. But I've since seen much better films of this type, particularly Mud with McConaughey.

Quote Originally Posted by zn23 View Post
    Leon, the professional - 6/10 - First time I watched this film was about 8 years ago and I loved it. However, it hasn't aged well for me and I find the film to be kinda silly and also a bit perverted. As I'm a bit more mature now, the scenes with a half dressed 13 year old Natalie Portman trying to seduce Jean Reno are definitely bordering along pedophilia. Which I find disturbing.

The performances are pretty decent, particularly Natalie's and the story is OK. But I've since seen much better films of this type, particularly Mud with McConaughey.
    Yeah I re-watched it quite some time ago, and the only thing that stuck out to me was Oldman, who was fantastic. The rest was meh. Portman was shunned by Leon, so it wasn't weird. People have to remember young ladies and sex have gone together over time, no matter how gross we find it. But it is always odd watching someone you have wanted to bang for years as a young girl, you feel creepy, yet know they are way older and have been for some time. I saw, Commando, recently, and looking at Milano, I felt bad knowing I have jerked off to her 100 times and she was like 11 in the movie haha

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Yeah I re-watched it quite some time ago, and the only thing that stuck out to me was Oldman, who was fantastic. The rest was meh. Portman was shunned by Leon, so it wasn't weird. People have to remember young ladies and sex have gone together over time, no matter how gross we find it. But it is always odd watching someone you have wanted to bang for years as a young girl, you feel creepy, yet know they are way older and have been for some time. I saw, Commando, recently, and looking at Milano, I felt bad knowing I have jerked off to her 100 times and she was like 11 in the movie haha
    Thanks for that, I laughed for real.

The Lobster - 8/10

Very strange, interesting film. Really enjoyed the style but definitely not for everyone. There's an absurdity to the movie that is well balanced in realism.

Interested in watching Lanthimos' newest film now, The Killing of a Sacred Deer. Has anyone seen it?

Quote Originally Posted by Pittz View Post
    The Lobster - 8/10

Very strange, interesting film. Really enjoyed the style but definitely not for everyone. There's an absurdity to the movie that is well balanced in realism.

Interested in watching Lanthimos' newest film now, The Killing of a Sacred Deer. Has anyone seen it?
    I have and so have a few others on this forum. I think it's much better than The Lobster. Saw one of the young actors from TKOASD in another good and recommendable movie recently too: American Animals.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I have and so have a few others on this forum. I think it's much better than The Lobster. Saw one of the young actors from TKOASD in another good and recommendable movie recently too: American Animals.
    Appreciate the review and the recommendation, I'll have to check that out as well.

Leave no Trace - 8/10

The performances are undeniable great, Ben Foster will likely get strong consideration for Best Oscar, but the film itself is very slow. My goodness. It took me about a week to finish it.