Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 376 of 486 FirstFirst ... 276326366374375376377378386426476 ... LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,640 of 7283
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    DJ is super likeable, but he is not a good actor. That being said, he hit gold man. He is clearly in his peak, and making money hand over fist. But I love him in a handful of movies. Moana is my 19 month old daughters favorite movie, I love it.
    Yeah dude seems like a legit good guy.

Here's a story from a few years back.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/12/the...-fans-holidays

rhino17 has stated before he struggles with any movies prior to the 90's, due to quality of the film itself. Yes, he is far too young to have experienced it as a kid (or at the time). And I get how watching it years later, you won't get the same effect. I personally love it, even though I have seen it 100 times and know everything that is about to happen.
    Partially true. I mostly have problems with movies from the 80s-late 70s. I like plenty of movies before that (50s, 60s, etc). True it may have been better when I was a kid, but watching it now, there is absolutely no character motivation, no distinguishable characters, etc. I was just bored with it now. I get that it was groundbreaking at the time, but i just dont think its good.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

I don't watch many movies, but my girlfriend and I have watched a whopping three movies in 6 days.

Mystic River - 9/10
    Emelie - 2/10 - **** this ****
    Children of the Corn - 5/10. First time watching this. Really enjoyed the first half of the movie. It looked like the makings of a good stereotypical horror movie. Did not like the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Partially true. I mostly have problems with movies from the 80s-late 70s. I like plenty of movies before that (50s, 60s, etc). True it may have been better when I was a kid, but watching it now, there is absolutely no character motivation, no distinguishable characters, etc. I was just bored with it now. I get that it was groundbreaking at the time, but i just dont think its good.
    I think it was mostly the score, and the lighting that made it so fantastic. But yeah man, if you aren't used to the grainy look of the late 70s early 80s, it's tough.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Pick of the litter: Documentary about how seeing eye dogs are raised trained. I managed not to cry (about 20 times). 8/10

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Pick of the litter: Documentary about how seeing eye dogs are raised trained. I managed not to cry (about 20 times). 8/10
    dude the pics of like 10 week old german shepards on their first day of police training always make me smile.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

I think it was mostly the score, and the lighting that made it so fantastic. But yeah man, if you aren't used to the grainy look of the late 70s early 80s, it's tough.
    I actually think the score was smart for what the movie was. They interviewed John Carpenter on NPR the other day and he mostly discussed the score and the story behind it was interesting .
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

cause it's the 3rd time it's been made.....

the movie kinda sucked honestly. It was basically a Lady Gaga show, with crappy acting by everyone. The only nice part was ADClay
    Yeah, the girl I saw it with kept saying that after the movie and I don't care. Didn't retroactively change how much I hated how unoriginal it was Though, admittedly, I had no idea it was a remake of a musical...which makes all the ****ing sense in the world in hindsight. I think I'd bump it down to a 5 or a 6 honestly.

Dice Clay was solid. I have no connection to him whatsoever, but I only knew it was him because of this thread and and it still took me a second to realize it was him. He was fantastic in Blue Jasmine (a movie I hated) so I can't say I'm terribly surprised that he was so good in this movie...even with how briefly he was really in it.
    HELLO

Seen Hellraiser for the first time yesterday. Expected much more. Kind of sucked actually the more I think about it.

Watching Pet Semetary right now. Man, now this is a classic. Hopefully the remake does it justice.

Pet Semetary is an awesome horror flick
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

Quote Originally Posted by -Kobe24-TJ19- View Post
    Yeah I've seen it numerous times. Never gets old.

Quote Originally Posted by -Kobe24-TJ19- View Post
    when the kid dices the old mans achilles, I almost puked. God that would hurt

when the kid dices the old mans achilles, I almost puked. God that would hurt
    For the longest time that was probably the hardest horror movie scene for me to sit through and I have seen hundreds of them. Bone Tomahawk and Antichrist have some disgusting scenes in them too that challenge that scene for me.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    For the longest time that was probably the hardest horror movie scene for me to sit through and I have seen hundreds of them. Bone Tomahawk and Antichrist have some disgusting scenes in them too that challenge that scene for me.
    yeah, the first kid to get killed in Hostel gets his hammy or achilles sliced, anytime you see those it just looks painful haha.

Bone Tomahawk, that scene was brutal. But I was in my 30's, and ready for it..

Going back to the Pet Semetary scene, to this day, I won't leave the back of my leg exposed near a bed, or anywhere someone could cut my achilles. Just a reaction I have. Crazy that made such an impression haha

American Animals, 8/10

Pretty entertaining (and somewhat tense come back half of story) heist flick based on a true story. I like how they kinda played with perspective and different people's remembrance of how things went down.
    Last edited by spliff(TONE); 10-30-2018 at 07:26 PM.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant