Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 375 of 486 FirstFirst ... 275325365373374375376377385425475 ... LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,625 of 7286
  1. #5611
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    103,523
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    one day i will find a way to ban you... not sure how but it will happen. : (


    Lol you cant ban me because there is so very many mods who have a place in line before you from riv/dmac/lions to sick who in fact did ban me at one point that POS to my fellow phillie mods both past and present that find me insufferable but still love me. I WILL GET YOU BANNED lol
    You still butthurt about that? Lmao let it go man.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #5612
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    103,523
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Halloween 7-10... I really enjoyed it and ****ing loved what they did with JLC... I want more story on her family though... Outside of that it might actually be the best one. Its making bank so we will easily get more

    Now if only they can get freddy/jason/hellraiser right.


    I used to have nightmares about hellraiser 2... i dont know why that movie freaked me out so much as a kid but i loved it.
    Yeah, I agree pretty much with your assume that of JLC and her family.

    And yes their will be more because it broke records.

    As for Freddy I thought the remake was decent, but nothing can ever top the first one. Heck even 2 scared me and 3 as well.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #5613
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    80,012
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    A Star Is Born 7/10

    Honestly I was disappointed. Lady Gaga was unbelievable and I think she made the movie. I couldn't have been more indifferent to her before this but I was blown away.

    Besides her, I didn't love it. I think Cooper's performance was technically fine but I did not personally like it at all. I really struggled with is not ever caring about their relationship. I was moderately ****ed up so maybe that played into it, but that lack of care really hurt it. The chemistry was OK but that's 100% because of the film's best actor, Lady Gaga (weird). His songs also were duds compared to her's.

    Most importantly, he sounded like a dork. The dumbest accent. Genuinely bothered me.

    It also didn't feel super original. I don't think it's even close to an Oscar-worthy script. And it's not something I care to watch again.

    But damn, Lady Gaga was great.

    OK. Had to get that all out.
    cause it's the 3rd time it's been made.....

    the movie kinda sucked honestly. It was basically a Lady Gaga show, with crappy acting by everyone. The only nice part was ADClay

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  4. #5614
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    80,012
    I read a while back, that the original Halloween was shown and killed by those who saw it, they changed up the music to the iconic beat it has now, and it crushed it in reviews. The Texas CM has a horrifying soundtrack if you listen to it. Horror movies (slasher specifically) needs very tense scenes built up, and music is a huge part of that. The original Halloween movie just isn't going to be as good if you see it today, but it was great long ago.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  5. #5615
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    23,807
    I saw the original Halloween when I was 9. I think that's part of why it is still scary to me. Then again, I also saw a bunch of Nightmare and Friday movies around that age and they didn't make the same impression.

    I can understand why seeing it now for the first time, after hundreds of imitators, it doesn't seem like anything special. But the score is incredibly effective, the lighting is perfect, the mask is great, and the lack of blood and gore works in its favor.

    There's a quote from Irwin Yablans, who produced the original Halloween, that always resonated with me: "The audience shouldn't see anything. It should be what they thought they saw that frightens them." To me, most people who make slasher movies don't understand what makes them scary. Gore isn't frightening, it's usually just gratuitous and boring.

  6. #5616
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    52,623
    Halloween (new one), 8/10

    Def enjoyed this as is but also much more than the original.

    PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  7. #5617
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Bklyn/Denver/LA/Denver/LA/Tucson
    Posts
    26,679
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Halloween (1978): 4.1/10

    Not good, at all. Very boring, poorly planning, nonsensical, and just a bad movie. Made me totally uninterested in seeing the new one. How this is considered a classic is beyond me.
    You probably weren't around to have watched. After Night of the Living Dead launched zombie films, the original Halloween did the same for the horror Halloween genre.

    It was the first of its kind and was scary **** then. Real scary! Shows were being sold out. I haven't seen it years, and it's probably a bit dated. Wonderful performances by Curtis and Pleasance.

    I have seen it a number of times, but after the second one was burnt out.

    Classics like the original Frankenstein (1931) with Boris Karloff and Dracula (1931) with Bela Lugosi hold up well and two of the very best in the horror category.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Paulie6986; 10-23-2018 at 03:28 AM.

    Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

    uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

  8. #5618
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Bklyn/Denver/LA/Denver/LA/Tucson
    Posts
    26,679
    I'm tired of Halloween remakes and will pass on the latest entry despite it having its original star in it.


    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

    Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

    uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

  9. #5619
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Bklyn/Denver/LA/Denver/LA/Tucson
    Posts
    26,679
    Rampage (2018) - 4/10

    I only watched this because Mom is in the hospital and this is what she wanted.

    Dwayne Johnson is a pretty terrible actor.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

    Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

    uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

  10. #5620
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Bklyn/Denver/LA/Denver/LA/Tucson
    Posts
    26,679
    Has anyone seen this horror? It appears different and creative, just what I like.

    The Dark.......

    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_dark_2018

    Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

    uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

  11. #5621
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    80,012
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    I saw the original Halloween when I was 9. I think that's part of why it is still scary to me. Then again, I also saw a bunch of Nightmare and Friday movies around that age and they didn't make the same impression.

    I can understand why seeing it now for the first time, after hundreds of imitators, it doesn't seem like anything special. But the score is incredibly effective, the lighting is perfect, the mask is great, and the lack of blood and gore works in its favor.

    There's a quote from Irwin Yablans, who produced the original Halloween, that always resonated with me: "The audience shouldn't see anything. It should be what they thought they saw that frightens them." To me, most people who make slasher movies don't understand what makes them scary. Gore isn't frightening, it's usually just gratuitous and boring.
    bingo dude

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  12. #5622
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    80,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    You probably weren't around to have watched. After Night of the Living Dead launched zombie films, the original Halloween did the same for the horror Halloween genre.

    It was the first of its kind and was scary **** then. Real scary! Shows were being sold out. I haven't seen it years, and it's probably a bit dated. Wonderful performances by Curtis and Pleasance.

    I have seen it a number of times, but after the second one was burnt out.

    Classics like the original Frankenstein (1931) with Boris Karloff and Dracula (1931) with Bela Lugosi hold up well and two of the very best in the horror category.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    rhino17 has stated before he struggles with any movies prior to the 90's, due to quality of the film itself. Yes, he is far too young to have experienced it as a kid (or at the time). And I get how watching it years later, you won't get the same effect. I personally love it, even though I have seen it 100 times and know everything that is about to happen.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  13. #5623
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    80,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    I'm tired of Halloween remakes and will pass on the latest entry despite it having its original star in it.


    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    dude, go to the chive.com, and check out the link where a guy covers the Halloween timeline. It is hilarious

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  14. #5624
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    80,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Rampage (2018) - 4/10

    I only watched this because Mom is in the hospital and this is what she wanted.

    Dwayne Johnson is a pretty terrible actor.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    DJ is super likeable, but he is not a good actor. That being said, he hit gold man. He is clearly in his peak, and making money hand over fist. But I love him in a handful of movies. Moana is my 19 month old daughters favorite movie, I love it.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  15. #5625
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    39,420
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Rampage (2018) - 4/10

    I only watched this because Mom is in the hospital and this is what she wanted.

    Dwayne Johnson is a pretty terrible actor.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Don't you speak ill of our future President!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •