Page 431 of 438 FirstFirst ... 331381421429430431432433 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,465 of 6566
    The Mule 6/10. Pretty well done but also pretty boring

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

The Hummingbird Project 7/10.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    It Chapter 2: 6.5/10

A quality sequel to a movie I enjoyed. If nothing else this is miles better than the adult section of the mini-series imo. Still too many jump scares for my taste especially when you see them coming a mile away and noticable plot holes/things left unexplained that I really wanted but it also carried the same vibe of kinship that the previous movie did while focusing a lot on the emotional results of their experience with It. That I felt was handled very well. The humor also was a nice touch to give you a break from the dark things you see in the movie, with Bill Hader being the stand out of a group of really solid adult performances.
    I'd also give it a 6.5/10. Relied on jump scares, ending was fairly abrupt. Not nearly as good as the first movie. Decent though, and Bill Hader was easily the best part.

The Upside 7.5/10.
    The Sisters Brothers 7.5/10.

IT chapter 2 6/10. Not as good as the first. CGI was fairly poop. Not enough Pennywise. Hader was the best. Like McAvoy but didn’t like him in this much. Well his character at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Hustlers is really good. JLo is also hot as **** the entire movie, but one scene in particular. Highly recommend.

Being Frank 6/10.
    Never grow old 6/10.
    Last edited by MILLERHIGHLIFE; 09-18-2019 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    IT chapter 2 6/10. Not as good as the first. CGI was fairly poop. Not enough Pennywise. Hader was the best. Like McAvoy but didn’t like him in this much. Well his character at least.

I thought the CGI was horrible too! I am surprised I haven't seen other people say it. I thought I was just being too picky. Glad to know you feel that way too.

I also agree on McAvoy. Usually very good but not great here.

Movie was ok. Not great. First one was a lot better.

Dragged across concrete 7.5/10.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Dragged across concrete 7.5/10.
    Damn. What a title.
    “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly.” -- Teddy Roosevelt

Ad Astra - 8/10 - Solid Film, Brad Pitt delivers probably one of his greatest performances and the cinematography is fantastic. But 8 is as high as I can go. The film is a cross between The Martian and Apocalypse Now. It desperately tries to be Apocalypse Now, but plays out more like the Martian. Also, the film felt really long. It says it's 2 hours, but it felt more like 2.5.

Jeff Lynn’s ELO - Wembley or Bust.

Amazing. Really fun concert movie. Especially for watching old people like me get down.

https://youtu.be/Jc4g7JsbjlI

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly.” -- Teddy Roosevelt

Welcome To Marwen: 9/10

This one really surprised me. I heard mixed reviews on it. I know several critics loved it, so I figured I would hate it. I thought it was fantastic though. Carell was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    Welcome To Marwen: 9/10

This one really surprised me. I heard mixed reviews on it. I know several critics loved it, so I figured I would hate it. I thought it was fantastic though. Carell was great.
    Oh man, I hated this movie. I was expecting something really good after watching the previews, and I thought it fell flat on it's face. Too much of the doll world, and a plot that thought it was way smarter than it actually was.

EDIT: And critics hated this movie for the most part. Believe it is in the high 20s or low 30s on rotten tomatoes.

Bad times at the El Royale 7/10.