Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 465 of 474 FirstFirst ... 365415455463464465466467 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,975 of 7103
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I thought it was fine. Not near Toy Story, Inside Out, or Coco levels but much better than anything Cars, Brave, Monsters U, and The Good Dinosaur.

Daniel Isn't Real 4/10

Interesting story and concept ruined by a cliche 3rd act and an awful ending.
    Agreed on Onward -- In the 7-8/10 type range

Really looking forward to Soul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOsLIiBStEs

Onward was good. To be fair it was an ode to the director and his brothers somewhat upbringing of not knowing their dad besides an audio clip. His brother also didnít know what the movie was about. Iíll give the cliche for that background.

Also I was/am a decent sized nerd. Played D&d back in the day, always was a wizard, and my name happens to be Ian so I felt it was my story. Ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Watched Onward yesterday with my kids. I can't really grade Pixar. It's fine/good. It's typical Pixar though. They have a formula and it works, but it's the same as all the others, this time with Trolls and other mythical creatures. Later that night, my kids wanted to watch Spirited Away. Watching a Pixar movie and then watching a Ghibli movie has me thoroughly convinced that Ghibli is above and beyond everything Pixar.

Watch a few D+ movies the other day with the other half. Onward was solid 7/10, somehow the 4th Toy Story movie was better imo 8/10

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Had nobody watched Onward yet? They just added it to D+. I plan to watch it tonight.
    not only would I not watch it, I would actively refrain from allowing children to watch it.... I think I used that word right

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    not only would I not watch it, I would actively refrain from allowing children to watch it.... I think I used that word right
    Were you attempting to say something stupid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Hunt for the Wilderpeople, 8.5/10

Really good movie that I had never even heard of until my brother told me about it a few weeks ago. Came out in 2016, directed by Taika Waititi. Plot summary: a national manhunt is ordered for a rebellious kid and his foster uncle who go missing in the wild New Zealand bush. Sam Neil (Jurassic Park) and Rhys Darby (Flight of the Conchords) were the only two actors I recognized in it.

Blindspotting, 4/10

Wow.

So cringy. Super heavy handed with the race ****. I should have stopped it twenty minutes in like my brain was telling me too. Worst movie I've seen in quite awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Blindspotting, 4/10

Wow.

So cringy. Super heavy handed with the race ****. I should have stopped it twenty minutes in like my brain was telling me too. Worst movie I've seen in quite awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by unleashthebeast View Post
    It was truly horrendous. I have no idea how it got the overall ratings it did. I guess people like getting hit over the head with topical issues regardless of how well it was executed.

Hunt for the Wilderpeople, 8.5/10

Really good movie that I had never even heard of until my brother told me about it a few weeks ago. Came out in 2016, directed by Taika Waititi. Plot summary: a national manhunt is ordered for a rebellious kid and his foster uncle who go missing in the wild New Zealand bush. Sam Neil (Jurassic Park) and Rhys Darby (Flight of the Conchords) were the only two actors I recognized in it.
    Love this movie

SF Giants, SF 49ers, Sac Kings since birth.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pointer View Post
    Love this movie
    You seen Boy? Another Waititi movie. Might check it out soon.

Cats: 0/10
    Of course I knew it was bad going in but I was hoping for the campy, bat **** insanity that a movie like Rocky Horror Picture Show. Nope. What makes it so bad and unredeemable is the whole thing feels like it is padding. Yes the plot is stupid, characters lame, CGI awful, but it is a movie with a bare bones story about getting into a heaven of sorts, barely moves, and pads it's length out tremendously.

Muppet Treasure Island: 6/10
    Cute, fun, and of course powered by Tim Curry. I can't help but feel like the Muppets were really inconsequential outside of it being a Muppet movie thus they need to be in the movie. It feels more about Jack and Long John Silver which is fine but never gave me enough to fully care.

47 Meters Down: Uncaged: 4/10
    I need to stop letting friends suggest movies. The original one I thought was fine for what it was and kept it small. Naturally this has to go large with lesser characters. Bleh.

Verotika: Entertaining/10
    It is absolutely awful and yet entertaining in the same way The Room is though I do think the last segment is too "competent" (I say that lightly) compared to the trainwrecks of segments 1 and 2 completing boring me through the last 30 minutes.

You seen Boy? Another Waititi movie. Might check it out soon.
    Yeah, It's really good too. I've liked everything that he's put out. Even his first one, Eagle vs. Shark.

SF Giants, SF 49ers, Sac Kings since birth.

15. 04-11-2020, 01:42 PM
    Reason
    Stop replying to the bots- TT

Lol