Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 480 of 480 FirstFirst ... 380430470478479480
Results 7,186 to 7,199 of 7199
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Nope. Not that dumb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lol atta boy

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Mulan 2020 - seeing a lot of negative reviews because of no music, not much humor, and lack of mushu. Iíll say that some of those things are hard to translate outside of animation a la beauty and the beast wasnít that good either. Pushing all that aside, I still think the movie was pretty mediocre. I think the acting was super forced and everything seemed super rushed. It was like a mix between a kids movie for martial arts but trying to be a jet li type martial arts movie. I think everything needed to be humor or no humor at all because it really pandered to a crowd Iím not sure exists. 5/10

5-6 is about where I settled at as well. It's not the soulless remake that the Lion King was (doesn't come off that way in the film at least I should say) but I also had my expectations largely met for what thus would be. While I don't think the new ideas and additions they made worked (a character in particular was entirely worthless imo), I appreciate the fact that they tried. Downside is they couldn't shake the original movie no matter what they cut seemingly. As usual these movies look pretty and staged some fun fight scenes but you can tell that was their larger focus.
    Last edited by LionsFan..LOL; 09-06-2020 at 11:29 PM.

I was considering watching Mulan the live action but decided, I rather watch the animation film and don't spend 30 dollars.
    Screw sabermetics.

Mulan 2020 - seeing a lot of negative reviews because of no music, not much humor, and lack of mushu. Iíll say that some of those things are hard to translate outside of animation a la beauty and the beast wasnít that good either. Pushing all that aside, I still think the movie was pretty mediocre. I think the acting was super forced and everything seemed super rushed. It was like a mix between a kids movie for martial arts but trying to be a jet li type martial arts movie. I think everything needed to be humor or no humor at all because it really pandered to a crowd Iím not sure exists. 5/10

havent watched the movie but the reviews have 0 to do with the movie and all to do with the concentration camp

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    havent watched the movie but the reviews have 0 to do with the movie and all to do with the concentration camp
    Havenít read any of that. Not saying itís false, just didnít see it. It was just a pretty stale movie overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

was Donnie Yen good in it, martial arts wise? He is literally the only reason I would ever watch this..

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    was Donnie Yen good in it, martial arts wise? He is literally the only reason I would ever watch this..
    I honestly donít think he even did much. Martial arts wise it was basically all the actress who played mulan.

I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

nice one

I honestly donít think he even did much. Martial arts wise it was basically all the actress who played mulan.

Well that's a pass for me then

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    5-6 is about where I settled at as well. It's not the soulless remake that the Lion King was (doesn't come off that way in the film at least I should say) but I also had my expectations largely met for what thus would be. While I don't think the new ideas and additions they made worked (a character in particular was entirely worthless imo), I appreciate the fact that they tried. Downside is they couldn't shake the original movie no matter what they cut seemingly. As usual these movies look pretty and staged some fun fight scenes but you can tell that was their larger focus.
    Am I going too far off topic to ask what the best remakes have been?

For me it's Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty), Alice in Wonderland and Beauty and the Beast (in no order). And Pete's Dragon was a lotta fun too. Some of them I have found unwatchable (The Jungle Book).

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Am I going too far off topic to ask what the best remakes have been?

For me it's Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty), Alice in Wonderland and Beauty and the Beast (in no order). And Pete's Dragon was a lotta fun too. Some of them I have found unwatchable (The Jungle Book).
    I enjoyed the Aladdin remake well enough. I don't think it's great but I enjoyed the cast especially Will Smith's performance as the Genie. I need to see Pete's Dragon again but I remember that being enjoyable.

Lion King to me is easily the worst.

Cuties - 1/10

I couldn't watch the last 30 minutes. This is a pedophilia's dream movie.

Very disturbing to see such a film starring 11 year olds. No value to this film on any any level.

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Dr Sleep - 7.5/10 solid movie. Understood the reasoning behind the actors used in the flashbacks but I hate different actors being used.

Project power - 6/10 - fun movie but nothing special.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Movie sucked in its own right. Even worse than Aladdin
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>