Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 444 of 449 FirstFirst ... 344394434442443444445446 ... LastLast
Results 6,646 to 6,660 of 6721
    The Joker. 10/10. Amazing.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark: 5/10

Meh. Interesting elements to a story that could be really dramatic and scary, ala some of Del Toro's older work, but fails to even come close to that with lazy and minimal character development and soft story telling for a subject matter that could/should be a bit "tougher".

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I think everyone in the theater I saw it at felt the same. People were laughing, groaning, and making that clicking noise the young daughter makes throughout the entire movie. I don't understand the hype for this movie one bit.
    I did the same bit of mocking when I watched The Exorcist for the first time. That movie is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I don't want to go off on a tangent here, but the girl power action movies will never do it for me. Look, is it ridiculous that Jet Li beats up 12 guys at once? Yes. But is it impossible for me to watch Charlize Theron beat up that many guys at once? Yes.

I just can't watch a 110 lb woman be an action hero, because in real life, those women don't exist at all. There is a massive difference in strength between the sexes, and I have been involved in martial arts for 25 years and counting, and understand these differences. Rhonda Rousey wouldn't last 1 minute against me, and I am not even a large man for example. It just makes it impossible for me to watch action movies where a tiny, hot woman is the hero. One of the only exceptions I can think of off hand, is Haywire, which starred Gina Carrano, a 5'11", 180 lb woman, who beat up 1 guy at a time, which is kinda believeable considering her size/training, and the 1-1 deal. Or at least, acceptable.

Sorry for the rant, I just shake my head at this womens action movement. Sniper movie starring a woman? Sure, bring it on, that actually happened. Martial arts involving a tiny woman whipping a bunch of men? Nope, next please.
    Elizabeth Banks thinks ur the reason her girl power movie flopped. ur also the reason that batgirl and supergirl shows are failing hard. I'm ok with girls in action movies so long as they dont need to degrade men or spread their SJW agendas. women should stand tall without that crap.

Would you recommend Midsommar to someone even if they thought Hereditary was a complete joke of a movie?
    I have no idea I honestly am hesitant to recommend either film to anyone I know, let alone people whose tastes I know a lot less.

I enjoyed the movie quite a bit but I definitely can understand how someone would find it to be an overlong bore...and the payoff not worth it. But it was unlike most anything I've seen, visually stunning and I'm always down for a good cult story. I don't think it's worth comparing to Hereditary all that much but you're probably fine skipping it if you still can't get that bad taste out of your mouth.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

Cool.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Big Williams fan too! I know we’ve talked about DTS awhile ago now... I never got back to rewatching it. I HAVE to rewatch it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Birdcage is pretty good too
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

how hilarious would it be if someone made Charlie's Angel's all trans or all mans. thats something outta south park

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I have no idea I honestly am hesitant to recommend either film to anyone I know, let alone people whose tastes I know a lot less.

I enjoyed the movie quite a bit but I definitely can understand how someone would find it to be an overlong bore...and the payoff not worth it. But it was unlike most anything I've seen, visually stunning and I'm always down for a good cult story. I don't think it's worth comparing to Hereditary all that much but you're probably fine skipping it if you still can't get that bad taste out of your mouth.
    Havent seen it but I've heard it compared to the wickerman, but more of a pretentious artsy flick than a horror one, with really dumbed down/unlikable characters with no arcs. Is the payoff the burning? Is the lesson that we should leave our GF's at home when on vacay? lol jk, heard the visuals were great tho

Ill give a Hereditary a try tho

I really enjoyed Hereditary.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Havent seen it but I've heard it compared to the wickerman, but more of a pretentious artsy flick than a horror one, with really dumbed down/unlikable characters with no arcs. Is the payoff the burning? Is the lesson that we should leave our GF's at home when on vacay? lol jk, heard the visuals were great tho

Ill give a Hereditary a try tho
    I mean, it's a film whose protagonist is a female and you're supposed to have sympathy for her throughout, so my guess is you'll hate it.

With that said, it does get Wickerman comps, but that's a film I've never seen. I can't speak to the pretentiousness of that movie made 45 years ago or really how this compares. Like I said, I thought it was an incredibly well-crafted film that looked fantastic. If that's "pretentiousness" then sure, skip it.

Cool.
    Hey man, you asked!
    Last edited by ManRam; 11-19-2019 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    I really enjoyed Hereditary.
    I took it in the same vain as drag me to hell.

I enjoyed them both in the sense that to me they were both horror/comedies.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I took it in the same vain as drag me to hell.

I enjoyed them both in the sense that to me they were both horror/comedies.
    I laughed quite a bit while watching Hereditary. It was hysterical at times. Bizarre and bonkers. I'm not a huge horror film fan, as I don't have much of an imagination nor an ability to suspend belief. Maybe that helped. I felt it was unnerving more so than terrifying. I liked that. It also felt unlike anything I had seen, which I also liked. But again, I'm the furthest thing from a horror film purest as it gets.

Midsommar had some over-the-top things that also elicited a chuckle. But it is undeniably less of a "horror" film than Hereditary was. I think "folk horror" is what people throw around? I wouldn't go past "slow burn thriller".

I mean, it's a film whose protagonist is a female and you're supposed to have sympathy for her throughout, so my guess is you'll hate it.

With that said, it does get Wickerman comps, but that's a film I've never seen. I can't speak to the pretentiousness of that movie made 45 years ago or really how this compares. Like I said, I thought it was an incredibly well-crafted film that looked fantastic. If that's "pretentiousness" then sure, skip it.

Hey man, you asked!
    Im guessing you're suppose to hate the white man and cheer on his demise? Sounds very original. Seriously tho, Ive heard the dude is a douche but also heard he coddled his needy lady and totally didn't deserve his fate given how they play the "cheating" scene.

Hey man, you asked!
    No need to get defensive; I appreciated your reply. My response was not meant to be sarcastic or anything.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"