Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 455 of 460 FirstFirst ... 355405445453454455456457 ... LastLast
Results 6,811 to 6,825 of 6893
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    it re-affirmed my opinion that baby boomers just need to git already. Die off, please, so the rest of us can stop pretending it's ok to be a racist lunatic if you are old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Yes boomers need to go!
    Wishing death on old people >>> old people being racist

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

perhaps. To be fair, I thought Gran Torino was hella-overrated. Went into thinking it was going to be awesome, and it wasn't...
    I liked Gran Torino a lot.

I thought it was aight. Rest of my fam seemed to absolutely love it.

Climax: 8/10

Weird but with a lot of style I'm not sure what to even classify this as. The opening 40+ minutes are basically a party with a 12 minute long shot dance scene but then just devolves into utter chaos in the 2nd half. It's not really horror but I would say the end could be seen in a horror film. I really liked it. The improv in dialouge and acting choices came of as natural and weird, like you would see at a regular party, and not Hollywood fake in the slightest. The second half which apparently was one cut (~40 minutes), I didn't really notice it until the very end where I started to feel a little antsy over it. I appreciate the film feeling like a bad drug trip towards the end with wierd angles and blurry visuals making me shift around a bit to get back "comfortable". Definitely a style over substance (pun not intended) movie.

It probably is. I read the wiki plot on it, and it seemed good. It was so long ago I barely remembered it. I will say, I alluded to it, but I think I loved Carrey so much in comedy, that I immediately hated it because he wasn't being plastic-man. I will have to re-watch it at some point.
    Seen it for the first time last year because I kept hearing how good it was. I found it incredibly boring and just weird. Big meh for me.

Little Women 7.5/10

Liked this a whole lot more than I thought I would. Just need to watch 1917 and I'll have all the Oscar movies watched. So far I liked Parasite the best and Joker the worst.

One Cut Of The Dead: 10/10. My favorite movie of 2019. Know nothing about this movie before going in because it is a treat.

Starry Eyes: 7/10. Nice little movie about the rise into Hollywood with a twist to it, though I wish the twist were not so spelled out and obvious. Still the acting was great and the disturbing moments were just that. Well done.

Zombieland 2, 7.5/10

This was pretty entertaining and funny. Better than I had feared and/or expected.

Parasite: 9/10

Loved it. Funny and poignant with the end being a bit of a gut punch. The middle of the movie with the revelation of the basement slowed the movie down a tad noticable for me but never to truly annoy me.

Tigers Are Not Afraid: 8.5/10

A dark fairy tale about growing up in a cartel controlled Mexico. Made in the vein of a Del Toro film though in my opinion lacking the feeling of danger coming that those movies had. That is not to say this movie does not have danger, it does and can be grim, but it never really got as tense as Del Toro's movies imo. The Captain in Pan's Labyrinth for example always felt a move away from killing Ophelia so there was a lot of tension. This had some for the scenario they were in but never overarching dread. Still props for telling this story and be willing to go darker.

Sleep Doctor 7/10

Too long but pretty well done and definitely had a King feel to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

A Hidden Life 9/10

Terrence Malick's latest about an Austrian farmer who was an objector to the Nazi's in WW2. One of the most beautiful movies I've ever seen. Warning: It is really LONG with a 2:54 run time. But it's worth the time.

I was attempting to watch the Irishman in 3 sittings (no movie should be 3 1/2 hours long). After the first hour and 10, I'm not sure I'll be returning. Super boring, bad CGI, and retread dialogue/story
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Wishing death on old people >>> old people being racist
    nah, I am simply excited for the expiration dates to kick in on a generation. If they live till 100, more power to them. They can eff the younger generations for even longer that way...

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Using the term "expiration date" instead of "death" doesn't change anything. You're pumped about a whole generation dying off because some of them are racist.

1917 - 8.5/10

Finally saw this one. Go see it in the theater in if you can. Great movie. I have now seen all Best Picture Nominees this year. Parasite is still my #1 followed by Once Upon A Time in Hollywood, but this is right behind those two.