Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 498 of 501 FirstFirst ... 398448488496497498499500 ... LastLast
Results 7,456 to 7,470 of 7502
    I re-watched TPM and AOTC over the last couple of days and basically agree: B- movies. One of my biggest complaints then is still valid today: these movies look like video games with the dated CGI characters and way too many obviously phony CGI settings. Plus Hayden Christensen comes off as a creepy weirdo. Yes, he is the guy that becomes Vader but Christensen's portrayal of Anakin is simply not very good.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I re-watched TPM and AOTC over the last couple of days and basically agree: B- movies. One of my biggest complaints then is still valid today: these movies look like video games with the dated CGI characters and way too many obviously phony CGI settings. Plus Hayden Christensen comes off as a creepy weirdo. Yes, he is the guy that becomes Vader but Christensen's portrayal of Anakin is simply not very good.
    Yeah, forgot to mention the CGI, but the fight scene between Anakin and Obi-Wan at the end is well choreographed, but the surrounding lava and other scenery throughout it looks so fake. It was really noticeable, even distracting, sometimes.

And Christensen is not good either, like you said. Just odd to me that Lucas whiffed like that, twice, on the most iconic character in the franchise, and put it on the shoulders of an unknown actor. Meanwhile they had no issue casting Natalie Portman, Ewen MacGregor, Sam Jackson, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith: 6.5/10

About the same as The Phantom Menace. Overall not bad, but a lot of the same problems with dialogue, acting, story construction, and the flip from Jedi to Sith for Anakin seems pretty quick, but I guess that's going to happen in a 2 hour movie. Just sorta went from defiant towards Palpatine to joining him within a few scenes. Some of the fight scenes were really well done, especially the final one, and the last transformation to Darth Vader was pretty cool.

The trilogy itself feels like a missed opportunity though. Would maybe like to see it remade in a series format, but I'm guessing the Clone Wars fills in a lot of the gaps this seems to be missing.

Anyway, worth the rewatch, but still not much more than a C+/B- type of movie.
    Yeah the clone wars more than makes up for the lack of story in Anakin’s transformation in the movie.

But I’ll says this aside from the horrible acting from Christiansen and a cheesy dialogue at times, I did enjoy RotS a lot more than the other 2 and maybe more than the newer trilogy.

In a small defense for Hayden Christensen, the writing and dialogue given to him is awful. It would be pretty hard to make that work for good actors and to that point the only actor in that trilogy I thought was any good is Ewan McGregor. But yeah he comes off as pretty flat in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    In a small defense for Hayden Christensen, the writing and dialogue given to him is awful. It would be pretty hard to make that work for good actors and to that point the only actor in that trilogy I thought was any good is Ewan McGregor. But yeah he comes off as pretty flat in the series.
    I thought the guy playing Palpatine was okay, same with Sam Jackson. The dialogue between Anakin and Padmé between the two movies is soooo bad at times though, so that's fair to some extent. For the most part it felt like there was zero emotion behind his dialogue until the last act, where he was decent enough.

Also, I didn't think Natalie Portman was very good either. Could also be a product of a bad script too.

I thought the guy playing Palpatine was okay, same with Sam Jackson. The dialogue between Anakin and Padmé between the two movies is soooo bad at times though, so that's fair to some extent. For the most part it felt like there was zero emotion behind his dialogue until the last act, where he was decent enough.

Also, I didn't think Natalie Portman was very good either. Could also be a product of a bad script too.
    I did like the Emperor by the time we got to Revenge Of The Sith. It allowed him to let loose and go full ham, cackling gleefully. It felt like the guy we saw in Return of The Jedi in the throne room.

Yeah, forgot to mention the CGI, but the fight scene between Anakin and Obi-Wan at the end is well choreographed, but the surrounding lava and other scenery throughout it looks so fake. It was really noticeable, even distracting, sometimes.

And Christensen is not good either, like you said. Just odd to me that Lucas whiffed like that, twice, on the most iconic character in the franchise, and put it on the shoulders of an unknown actor. Meanwhile they had no issue casting Natalie Portman, Ewen MacGregor, Sam Jackson, etc.
    have you ever looked into the people who auditioned both for young Anakin and older Anakin? some really interesting names,

here is a video on the search of young Anakin
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZSn...ature=emb_logo

and then for older anakin there were names like Jonathan Brandis, Leonardo DiCaprio and, Ryan Phillipe.

Just finished ROTS. Easily the best of the prequel trilogy. Christensen does a much better job in than AOTC too. Pretty good movie overall. I'd give it a B, maybe a hair better.

Off of work and watched a few movies.
    The Happy Time Murders 5.5-6/10 It started out good and had me laughing early but kinda dragged on, still pretty decent.
    Real Steel 3.5-4/10 cheesy movie and it reminded me of Over the Top.
    Dr. Sleep 6-6.5/10 felt more like a superhero movie then a supernatural. The Hotel looked pretty good for how long it was abandoned. To bad the real Jack couldn't have made a cameo.
    Peppermint 5.5-6/10 not a horrible action movie
    The Final Cut 4/10 nothing great but I do love Robin
    Take Me 5-5.5/10 it was an ok watch, had its moments.
    REWATCH The Hills have Eyes (06) 6.5-7/10 I still like this one.

Safety not Guaranteed 5.5-6/10 It was kind of funny and I liked the actors.

Quote Originally Posted by herdapop View Post
    I really enjoyed that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Yeah, McGregor and Neeson did the best with the material they had to work with I'd say. McDiarmid did a pretty good job too. I def agree that the writing played a part in what looked to be some actor's poor performance.

Quote Originally Posted by herdapop View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    I really enjoyed that movie.
    Had to re-watch the trailer to remember if I've seen it or not. Def a good one that I wouldn't mind watching again (especially so, since I can't remember a ton about it).

The Trial of the Chicago 7 - 7.5/10

Always enjoy a good courtroom drama. Written and directed by Aaron Sorkin and filled with a great cast- Eddie Redmayne, Sacha Baron Cohen, Mark Rylance, Frank Langella, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Michael Keaton. I wasn't familiar with the story, but it was enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    The Trial of the Chicago 7 - 7.5/10

Always enjoy a good courtroom drama. Written and directed by Aaron Sorkin and filled with a great cast- Eddie Redmayne, Sacha Baron Cohen, Mark Rylance, Frank Langella, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Michael Keaton. I wasn't familiar with the story, but it was enjoyable.
    it pisses me off that we enjoy similar **** lol