Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 459 of 464 FirstFirst ... 359409449457458459460461 ... LastLast
Results 6,871 to 6,885 of 6955
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Haxan 7/10:

1922 silent horror film from Sweden about witches, witchcraft, and the impact it had on civilization from midages to "modern". It is almost 100 years old so it is going to look cheaper but I think that cheap look gives the satanic cermonies and witches an edge to them. It starts a little slow but about the time the movie moves into segment 3, from the lecture to vignettes and small stories is when this really hits its stride. As a bonus: most people are not going to know a single actor in them and they way it is framed gives them a little creepy vibe.
    where'd you find this, I love watching old af movies. I'm assuming you've seen metropolis

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    where'd you find this, I love watching old af movies. I'm assuming you've seen metropolis
    I bought it from Barnes and Noble I believe. It was a criterion released movie and they restore a lot of older and foreign movies. I saw Metropolis but it has been a long time.

The edge of 17. 8/10. Coming of age flick on Netflix. Easy watch and pretty good

Hacksaw Ridge 9/10. I knew a lot of people liked this movie but always thought it looked cheesy. I really liked though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Shape of Water - 7/10 - I really enjoyed this movie. Michael Shannon is one of my favs.

Parasite-8/10

still trying to figure out my enjoyment level on this. I understood the class/social design of the movie, and there are some particulars with the S Korean social/class systems that I don't quite know well enough to comment, but overall the movie was very well done, acting great, the plot twist cool.

I can see why it won best picture, with a good story/acting, along with the anti-capitalism message it sent (Hollywood laps that **** up).

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Parasite: 8.5/10

I liked it quite a bit. Even if you don't care for the social commentary, that can sometimes be heavy handed, the filmmaking is top notch. The way it shifts gears about halfway through made it all the more enjoyable IMO, even if it did become somewhat predictable towards the end.

I've seen two of Bong Joon-ho's movies now (Parasite, Snowpiercer) and I'm really impressed with his work. Looking forward to whatever he does next.

He's got a flick called Okja on Netflix I want to check out soon.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Parasite: 8.5/10

I liked it quite a bit. Even if you don't care for the social commentary, that can sometimes be heavy handed, the filmmaking is top notch. The way it shifts gears about halfway through made it all the more enjoyable IMO, even if it did become somewhat predictable towards the end.

I've seen two of Bong Joon-ho's movies now (Parasite, Snowpiercer) and I'm really impressed with his work. Looking forward to whatever he does next.
    I had no idea Snowpiercer was the same guy. I REALLY liked that movie

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    same dude

Forgot about that one...saw it too when it came out on Netflix a year or two ago.

Will check it out. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Knives out 7.8/10

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Knives out 7.8/10

Knives Out and Parasite were my two favorites of '19. After seeing them both multiple times, I give the edge to Parasite (pretty handily).

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Knives Out and Parasite were my two favorites of '19. After seeing them both multiple times, I give the edge to Parasite (pretty handily).
    Gotta watch parasite. Really liked knives out, maybe up to an 8.0. Loved the humor and Craig was annoyingly great.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Knives Out is that good, huh?

Gotta check it out then.