Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 529 of 530 FirstFirst ... 29429479519527528529530 LastLast
Results 7,921 to 7,935 of 7941
    Hustle 5/10. Its very corny and the acting is awful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Jurassic World: Dominion 2/10

Without a free ticket this was something I would never have seen in theaters. It doesn't even have the so bad it's good humor of the last one, this is just a long slog of nonsense sprinkled in with a ton of boring action scenes to distract from the fact the plot is stupid.

Hustle - 4/10 pretty corny

Ingrid Goes West: 7.5/10

Very solid dark comedy about the influence and obsession with social media has on us as people.

Black Phone - 8/10 Is not really a horror movie more of a thriller with horror elements. Solid acting from unknown kids and Hawke who is good at everything he does.

Coming out of cinema from Black Phone....absolutely BRILLIANT!!!!! Easily one of the best horror/thriller movies of the year!

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Jurassic World: Dominion 2/10

Without a free ticket this was something I would never have seen in theaters. It doesn't even have the so bad it's good humor of the last one, this is just a long slog of nonsense sprinkled in with a ton of boring action scenes to distract from the fact the plot is stupid.
    I also thought it was the worst of the 6 movies. There's about an hour straight where there seems to be no dinosaurs. Too much conspiracy, genetics, yada yada. Without the return of the three from the original trilogy, it would be completely unwatchable.

Thor love and thunder 7/10... fighting was amazing/bale stole the show and was the best thing about this movie.... this movie needed 30 plus more minutes for back story etc and was a slight let down because of how rushed it was. Dont understand why they went this route and didnt follow the cap/original thor/cap 2/iron man 1/guardians 1 route of actual story and instead went the guardians 2/iron man 3/thor 2 type route of rushing ****.

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen XXV

Thor Love and Thunder - 7.5/10 I really liked the movie but I can see why so many fans would hate it. Itís a straight comedy and Taika Waititi does not stop with the goofiness and one liners throughout the movie. I mean he takes it a step further than he did in Ragnarok. Some of the cameos were hilarious and not all the jokes hit obviously. Bale did seem out of place because dude is dead serious about any role he plays and he was playing the god butcher but in the next scene jokes were told so it seem odd. Could this movies been a little longer? 10-15 minutes more just to flesh out the story a bit more? Probably.

I had some friends that hated it because they want the serious Thor from the comics and well they just ainít never going to get that in the movies anytime soon.

I forgot to add that having a straight guns and roses soundtrack in the movie was ****ing awesome as I consider appetite for destruction to be one of the greatest albums ever and in my top 3.

Last edited by Sick Of It All; 07-10-2022 at 02:18 PM.

SOIA hit on exactly the reasons why I did not like Love and Thunder. Undercut some of the powerful moments in the movie with jokes. To me it felt like it wanted to have the emotional moments but didn't want to put the "work" in so to speak. You have to let the emotional moments flow and this felt like it would never let the scenes go on long enough or if it did they took away from it with a bad joke. Certain elements too didn't feel they got the time they needed to get me emotionally invested even though they were going for that "feels" moment. I know Taika can balance humor and drama, JoJo Rabbit is a great example of that, this felt way too off balanced.

The movie looked visually appealing, especially the final act, and when they actually let certain characters be, they were impactful but they weren't always utilized as much as they should be. I recognize about half way through the plot comes to a halt but it didn't bother me as much because I was fascinated with that world. I want to see more of that and I suspect we will. I'm definitely let down by Thor 4. 4/10.

Nobody- 9/10

I have wanted to see it for a while and finally got around to watching it. Thought it was great.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Thor love and thunder 7/10... fighting was amazing/bale stole the show and was the best thing about this movie.... this movie needed 30 plus more minutes for back story etc and was a slight let down because of how rushed it was. Dont understand why they went this route and didnt follow the cap/original thor/cap 2/iron man 1/guardians 1 route of actual story and instead went the guardians 2/iron man 3/thor 2 type route of rushing ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Thor Love and Thunder - 7.5/10 I really liked the movie but I can see why so many fans would hate it. Itís a straight comedy and Taika Waititi does not stop with the goofiness and one liners throughout the movie. I mean he takes it a step further than he did in Ragnarok. Some of the cameos were hilarious and not all the jokes hit obviously. Bale did seem out of place because dude is dead serious about any role he plays and he was playing the god butcher but in the next scene jokes were told so it seem odd. Could this movies been a little longer? 10-15 minutes more just to flesh out the story a bit more? Probably.

I had some friends that hated it because they want the serious Thor from the comics and well they just ainít never going to get that in the movies anytime soon.

I forgot to add that having a straight guns and roses soundtrack in the movie was ****ing awesome as I consider appetite for destruction to be one of the greatest albums ever and in my top 3.
    It didn't need to be any longer, what it needed was for them to swap many of the inane humor scenes for the backstory and depth of Bale's character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eGP...versalPictures

the black phone. 9/10

loved it. A movie where the kid actors are fantastic from start to finish. Its about a serial killer taking and killing kids in the 70s/80s and it ties all together nicely from the horror part to the psychic part. I recommend... ethan hawke is always fantastic

Where the Crawdads Sing -- 8/10.
    Interesting film about a girl who lives by herself in the marshes of North Carolina. I'm going to read the book and then see it again to see what the movie leaves out.

The Black Phone: 8/10
    Might have been even better without the Stephen King influence all over the story BUT the movie works very well for me. It captures the intensity and terror of being a child in a brutal world very well. To that point I was very surprised as some of the violence in this movie and just how far they were willing to go with it. The relationship between the main character and his sister is sweet and also bittersweet given the situation they are in. Makes it easy to root for them and when bad things happen makes it easier to feel the tenseness and despair of the situation.

Men: 6.5/10
    Listen, I'm a sucker for visual, visceral metaphorical movies. Hence why I like David Cronenberg and David Lynch movies so much. Is this a little on the nose and clunky? Yeah, probably but I do think they ended up hitting on the points it wanted to make in a memorable manner. The ending is going to be a make or break for people but I think it worked, in a very visual way communicating what the movie was about (both societal and for mental health).