Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 381 of 382 FirstFirst ... 281331371379380381382 LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,715 of 5724
  1. #5701
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    38,243
    Grinch - 6.5/10. Pretty solid. Cumberbatch was good but something about it just didn’t do much for me. I actually like the Dr Seuss illumination movies but I guess all around this rating so it falls in line.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  2. #5702
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    95,649
    spiderman 2.... 9/10... still the best spiderman ever in my opinion. Rewatched after watching the spiderverse trailer... Tobey still best spiderman

  3. #5703
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    34,186
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    spiderman 2.... 9/10... still the best spiderman ever in my opinion. Rewatched after watching the spiderverse trailer... Tobey still best spiderman
    Agreed


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  4. #5704
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    38,243
    Venom - 7/10. Not as bad as I thought but still ok. Excited for the next though


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  5. #5705
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    10,923
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    spiderman 2.... 9/10... still the best spiderman ever in my opinion. Rewatched after watching the spiderverse trailer... Tobey still best spiderman
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Agreed


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So much good in those first two movies. JK Simmons and Willem Dafoe were very well cast in those roles.

  6. #5706
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    95,649
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Venom - 7/10. Not as bad as I thought but still ok. Excited for the next though


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    the next one is where they fail horribly... Recent reports state they dont want any of the movies rated R and are trying to keep venom bad but not bad... More like a slightly worse version of dead pool because the personality worked so well with eddy in the first one... They wont get away with that if the next movie is about carnage.

  7. #5707
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    38,243
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    the next one is where they fail horribly... Recent reports state they dont want any of the movies rated R and are trying to keep venom bad but not bad... More like a slightly worse version of dead pool because the personality worked so well with eddy in the first one... They wont get away with that if the next movie is about carnage.
    Yeah. I read more up on the next stuff after I posted. Still ‘excited’ a bit to at least see him on the screen. The standards were set low with Spider-Man 3s terrible Venom but I think it did well. But definitely think this should’ve been R. All reports are they aren’t connecting this in any way with the avengers universe so I don’t see why they couldn’t have gone R.

    Harrelson May play the psycho pretty well though.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  8. #5708
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    38,243
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    So much good in those first two movies. JK Simmons and Willem Dafoe were very well cast in those roles.
    Agreed for sure. Doc Oc was a great cast too.

    Could’ve done without Dunst and Franco though


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  9. #5709
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    95,649
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Yeah. I read more up on the next stuff after I posted. Still ‘excited’ a bit to at least see him on the screen. The standards were set low with Spider-Man 3s terrible Venom but I think it did well. But definitely think this should’ve been R. All reports are they aren’t connecting this in any way with the avengers universe so I don’t see why they couldn’t have gone R.

    Harrelson May play the psycho pretty well though.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i actually think the character choices are brilliant... I didnt mind this venom movie being pg13 but yea R would have been better but the back story on carnage and how insane the character of carnage is really needs to be rated R... We need Murders and disgusting acts across the board... I have always wanted 2 movies from the villains perspective which would be joker/carnage... neither should ever have their disgusting acts watered down... Both guys are probably 2 of the most sick in the head villains of all time. If they give carnage the ability and allow that actor to go in depth with how well eddy and venom worked in the first movie it will be perfect.

    I am getting excited lol... I love venom/carnage.

  10. #5710
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    95,649
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Agreed for sure. Doc Oc was a great cast too.

    Could’ve done without Dunst and Franco though


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    only thing i liked franco in was Pexpress and that movie where he was training at that army school as a boxer... Other then that he does nothing for me.. Dunst as well. The person that played Doc OC and how well the story was made the movie amazing.


    Also the newspaper dude... He was amazing in every movie and the perfect cast lol. Man the first 2 spidermans were glorious

  11. #5711
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,229
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Really let down by Ralph Breaks the Internet. The scene with the princesses was excellent though.
    Agree with this

  12. #5712
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    10,923
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    only thing i liked franco in was Pexpress and that movie where he was training at that army school as a boxer... Other then that he does nothing for me.. Dunst as well. The person that played Doc OC and how well the story was made the movie amazing.


    Also the newspaper dude... He was amazing in every movie and the perfect cast lol. Man the first 2 spidermans were glorious
    Not a big Dunst fan either. KJ nailed it with Doc Oc too, that was really good casting.

    JK Simmons was J Jonah Jameson. There is only one person I can think of that could fit that role, and it's Red Forman from 70's show. I can just picture him calling Peter a dumbass.

  13. #5713
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,229
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Grinch - 6.5/10. Pretty solid. Cumberbatch was good but something about it just didn’t do much for me. I actually like the Dr Seuss illumination movies but I guess all around this rating so it falls in line.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think 5/10 for me. Wasn't "Grinchy" enough for me. It was also very short. If it had more of him hating Christmas it could have been a lot better IMO

  14. #5714
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    38,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    I think 5/10 for me. Wasn't "Grinchy" enough for me. It was also very short. If it had more of him hating Christmas it could have been a lot better IMO
    Exactly! It needed him hating Christmas so I’d definitely agree that was the biggest let down. I actually described that the same way to a coworker today (who I frequently exchange movie and show thoughts with). Even in the beginning you saw him smirking and stuff at “nice things.”

    I just thought cumberbatch had a good voice for the grinch so it was a little higher than your rating.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  15. #5715
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,229
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Exactly! It needed him hating Christmas so I’d definitely agree that was the biggest let down. I actually described that the same way to a coworker today (who I frequently exchange movie and show thoughts with). Even in the beginning you saw him smirking and stuff at “nice things.”

    I just thought cumberbatch had a good voice for the grinch so it was a little higher than your rating.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah Cumberbatch definitely had a good voice for it and the visuals were good too. I even liked the story overall, but yeah just not enough of the Grinch attitude in it. Which is odd since they could have easily added 10-15 mins to the movie with that stuff in there and made it much better

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •