Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 500 of 502 FirstFirst ... 400450490498499500501502 LastLast
Results 7,486 to 7,500 of 7530
    The Grudge (2020): 2/10

Yuck, this is what I get for choosing a movie at random to watch. Good actors and generally good acting wasted by a boring and generic script, pointless nonlinear narrative, predictable jump scares, basic character backstories, and a lame tie in to the other American movie (also not very good imo).
    Last edited by LionsFan..LOL; 02-01-2021 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    The Grudge (2020): 2/10

Yuck, this is what I get for choosing a movie at random to watch. Good actors and generally good acting wasted by a boring and generic script, pointless nonlinear narrative, predictable jump scares, basic character backstories, and a lame tie in to the other American movie (also not very good imo).
    Had no idea there was a new version of this. I remember the original (US version) being pretty bad too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    Same here. Leto was great in it but the rest was bland. Was sort of expecting a Se7en ďWhatís in the boxĒ moment towards the end that didnít happen.
    I donít even think Leto was that good. Thought all three were pretty poor in it. Iíll say Leto was the best of the bunch but not saying much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I donít even think Leto was that good. Thought all three were pretty poor in it. Iíll say Leto was the best of the bunch but not saying much

And that character Leto was playing is no different than every creepy weirdo you see on the standard cop shows like Law and Order, etc.

Just not a very original movie. Kinda felt like they were trying to be True Detective the movie, which just doesn't work without several hours to develop the characters and investigate the crime(s).
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 02-02-2021 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Had no idea there was a new version of this. I remember the original (US version) being pretty bad too.
    Yeah I found out about it a few weeks back. Apparently it was one of the few movies that got released before the pandemic. It's one of those movies that stink but probably won't be remembered a week from now. Shame too because the cast list is really great.

Spotlight - 7.5/10

Brain on Fire - 6/10

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

The Outpost 6.5-7/10 True story which helps movies but never know how Hollywood changes it up, but good movie and liked the end how they talked about the actual people.

Ava 5.5/6 good actors and decent action

Saint Maud: 8/10

I've been waiting for this movie for a while and am glad I finally got to see it (supposed to come out last year but covid happened). I can't say too much while spoilers but it is a psychological horror movie about religious conversion, isolation/human connection, grief, psychosis, and trauma. It is small scale so you aren't really dealing with too many characters and outside of some really bad CGI it looks pretty good. It really about Maud and the human experience. I recommend it if you liked horror movies such as Blackcoat's Daughter.
    Last edited by LionsFan..LOL; 02-12-2021 at 04:54 PM.

Mr Right 2-2.5/10 the movie had good actors but seemed like it was just a pay day for them.

Queens Gambit 7.5/10 well acted, good story, kinda predictable, but overall very good.

Quote Originally Posted by herdapop View Post
    Mr Right 2-2.5/10 the movie had good actors but seemed like it was just a pay day for them.

Queens Gambit 7.5/10 well acted, good story, kinda predictable, but overall very good.
    I think queens gambit is the only show i would give a 10/10

If you cant beat them, join them

Rewatch Black Sheep 6.5-7/10 Classic Spade and Farley but not as good as Tommy Boy

Rewatch Planes, Trains, and automobiles 7.5/10 Classic, Candy and Martin are gold together in this one.

Rewatch 50 First Dates 7.5-8/10 Love this movie

American Honey 3-3.5/10 nothing special to me

I Care a lot - 7/10... such a different type of movie, I was really digging it the first half. Kind of went off the rails a bit as it progressed but good acting and I enjoyed it overall.

****ed up knowing **** like that happens however.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    I Care a lot - 7/10... such a different type of movie, I was really digging it the first half. Kind of went off the rails a bit as it progressed but good acting and I enjoyed it overall.

****ed up knowing **** like that happens however.
    Just finished it with the wife. We both enjoyed it, although there were some ridiculous suspend all belief type scenes that bothered us. The **** is ****ed up. The whole time I was seething inside for that chick to get her just desserts. Its mind boggling. Does that **** really occur IRL? It is just so savage.

The movie didn't need to be 2 hours long. There was plenty of crap that could have been cut out.

Nobody's Fool 6-6.5/10 a decent movie with some good actors. Jessica Tandy's last film

Dirty 30 4.5-5/10 low budget comedy I giggled a couple times

Sister of Mine 3.5-4/10 weird relationship between a brother and sister, to say the least.

The One I love 5.5-6/10 it was ok, trying to be a scifi comedy, kinda.

Rewatch 12 Angry Men 8-8.5/10 Great acting, great story, classic. If you haven't seen I highly recommend.

Tremors: 8/10

Very entertaining monster movie reminiscent of 50's B-movie monster shlock. The leads are great with really good comedic timing striking a nice balance between horror and comedy elements, though admittedly the movie to me isn't really scary at all. If I did have complaints: Melvin was annoying and the secondary characters don't really provide much outside of fodder. Then again that is nothing too dissimilar to 50's monster movies. I really am glad I gave it a chance, and the 4K upgrade looks fantastic.