Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 441 of 442 FirstFirst ... 341391431439440441442 LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,615 of 6625
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Terminator - Dark Fate: 6.5/10 it might be time to just end the series, though it might be better than the other ****** new ones.
    I mean, have they made a good one since 2? This one just looks like girl power, which is fine, but the preview itself look really meh

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Joker-8/10

The movie was very good, and did an excellent job of showing what unchecked mental illness can do, and how our society deals with the subject in general.

As far as Phoenix, it's hard, because one of the better acting performances of my lifetime was Ledger as the Joker. They are different, in that Phoenix's portrayal shows how he became the Joker, while Ledger is the finished product. In some respects, I think Ledger's portrayal fits the evolution of what Phoenix's joker was going to become, so it almost becomes a perfect compliment to me, personally. Long story short, Phoenix was amazing, but it's very hard to not mention Ledger when commenting on this movie/role/performance.

Funny, when I was a kid, reading/watching Batman, who would have thought 2 of the better acting jobs in my adulthood would be the Joker character..

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I mean, have they made a good one since 2? This one just looks like girl power, which is fine, but the preview itself look really meh
    Basically

snuck into terminator. more trash

Doctor Sleep, 7/10

Pretty entertaining despite being 2.5 hours long. Some clunky dialogue, kinda cheesy moments, and over-reliance on nostalgia/callbacks (especially in the last act). There's no way this would ever live up to The Shining but it was about as good as I was expecting. Unlike some reviews I've seen, I thought the first few acts were much better than the last.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Doctor Sleep, 7/10

Pretty entertaining despite being 2.5 hours long. Some clunky dialogue, kinda cheesy moments, and over-reliance on nostalgia/callbacks (especially in the last act). There's no way this would ever live up to The Shining but it was about as good as I was expecting. Unlike some reviews I've seen, I thought the first few acts were much better than the last.
    That was one of my chief concerns based on the trailer. Bummer. But still 7/10 seems good enough when you compare it to a classic (and one of my favorite all time films).

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    That was one of my chief concerns based on the trailer. Bummer. But still 7/10 seems good enough when you compare it to a classic (and one of my favorite all time films).
    I'm generally super tough on my movie ratings too fwiw. The Shining would be one of the very few movies I'd give a 9+ rating to.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

One hour photo.

Robin Williams plays a creepy obsessed guy at a one hour photo place. 7.5/10 pretty good. Williams is a really good actor. I never cared for his crazy high energy stand up but I do think he was a great leading man

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    One hour photo.

Robin Williams plays a creepy obsessed guy at a one hour photo place. 7.5/10 pretty good. Williams is a really good actor. I never cared for his crazy high energy stand up but I do think he was a great leading man
    Creepy *** movie. Actually really like him in these roles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

One hour photo.

Robin Williams actually plays a great creepy guy. He was also great in Insomnia.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Robin Williams actually plays a great creepy guy. He was also great in Insomnia.
    I love what dreams my come, good will hunting, awakenings, garp. He was manic. For me he translated that energy into acting better then comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I love what dreams my come, good will hunting, awakenings, garp. He was manic. For me he translated that energy into acting better then comedy.
    I am about as big of a Robin Williams fan as there is, I actually love his stand up. But, have you watched "Death to Smoochy"? I think you would dig it.

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen XXV

The Laundromat by S Soderbergh. 7/10

On the downside I can no longer say I have never seen David “Horseface” Schwimmer act.

Last edited by Dugmet; 11-09-2019 at 08:10 AM.
    “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly.” -- Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I'm generally super tough on my movie ratings too fwiw. The Shining would be one of the very few movies I'd give a 9+ rating to.
    You weren't kidding, the nostalgia call backs (some more than just a call back) were obnoxious. I would probably score it a tad higher (say 7.5) though I really loved just how bizarre and different it was than The Shining. It pails in comparison but for what it is it was pretty entertaining for how different it is, well acted, enjoyable characters (one got did dirty imo), and it's dive into mental illness and struggles that come from it. No it is not the deepest movie but it hit on a lot of things I have seen working with clients in the past. Which is funny because imo one of the most tense scenes in the movie has nothing to do with the villains but Danny in his room. Also I have had a thing for Rebecca Ferguson since the MI series so that doesn't hurt the film either.
    Last edited by LionsFan..LOL; 11-09-2019 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I am about as big of a Robin Williams fan as there is, I actually love his stand up. But, have you watched "Death to Smoochy"? I think you would dig it.
    Big Williams fan too! I know we’ve talked about DTS awhile ago now... I never got back to rewatching it. I HAVE to rewatch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.