Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 509 of 512 FirstFirst ... 9409459499507508509510511 ... LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,635 of 7674
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Remember that this was supposed to be put out year ago, so it was supposed to set up more towards the shows and not phase 4. The rest of the movies coming out this year will lead to that because those are after the events of end game except maybe Shang Chi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah I did know that and I give it some leeway for that, however, they still couldíve done more with the time they had. I mean they delayed the release over a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Yeah I did know that and I give it some leeway for that, however, they still couldíve done more with the time they had. I mean they delayed the release over a year.
    They had done what they wanted, I donít think they could of changed anything tat would effect phase 4.

This was going to be the first brick in paving the way for either dark avengers or the thunderbolts.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I think thatís the problem though. Itís obviously setting up the Hawkeye series and more considering JLD character (forget the name). And also the shows and movies are tying into eachother now but I expect bigger more impactful things to happen in the movies. Thatís where I felt this movie fell flat.

Also the basically invincibility of Natasha was very far fetched.
    Yeah I noticed that too. The fall she took at one point in the movie reminded me of the end of John Wick 3. How the hell did either one of them survive that? I get its superhero stuff but neither were "enhanced" that we know of. They pulled a bit of WandaVision here too where Black Widow I feel got off a little too easy from Taskmaster given what happened to Taskmaster (ala Monica's awful line "they'll never know what you sacrificed for them"). I get how Black Widow helped but I still would have liked a quip or a strike from Taskmaster suggesting not all is forgiven.

On the other hand I actually liked how this movie didn't feel as big or impactful as everything else. It was a nice little side story which was a relief from magic, time travel, giant intergalactic threats etc. Like a spin off comic to hold you over while you wait for the next big issue to come out. Would I want this all the time? Probably not but as a one time thing it was nice.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Yeah I noticed that too. The fall she took at one point in the movie reminded me of the end of John Wick 3. How the hell did either one of them survive that? I get its superhero stuff but neither were "enhanced" that we know of. They pulled a bit of WandaVision here too where Black Widow I feel got off a little too easy from Taskmaster given what happened to Taskmaster (ala Monica's awful line "they'll never know what you sacrificed for them"). I get how Black Widow helped but I still would have liked a quip or a strike from Taskmaster suggesting not all is forgiven.

On the other hand I actually liked how this movie didn't feel as big or impactful as everything else. It was a nice little side story which was a relief from magic, time travel, giant intergalactic threats etc. Like a spin off comic to hold you over while you wait for the next big issue to come out. Would I want this all the time? Probably not but as a one time thing it was nice.
    When you have family you donít get hurt.

We have stablished this in movies ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    When you have family you donít get hurt.

We have stablished this in movies ok.

The Fast franchise is the great philosopher of our time.

My favorite moment(s) of the movie was when Blonde Widow was giving Natasha ish (called her a poser) about that superhero/ninja pose that seems to be the rage in all things MCU/DCU movies. Then later in movie she performed the same move and was disgusted with herself.
    Screw sabermetics.

Space Jam 2: 2/10

Yuck. Shameless WB product placement (it is basically a giant commercial) and a vanity project does not make for an entertaining movie. I don't even "love" the first Space Jam but at least that was its own thing. This feels like it has to walk in the shoes of the original. I knew it was going to be bad but with HBO Max for free I wanted to give it a try. I would definitely not have paid to see this in the theaters, pandemic or not.

Yuck. Shameless WB product placement (it is basically a giant commercial) and a vanity project does not make for an entertaining movie. I don't even "love" the first Space Jam but at least that was its own thing. This feels like it has to walk in the shoes of the original. I knew it was going to be bad but with HBO Max for free I wanted to give it a try. I would definitely not have paid to see this in the theaters, pandemic or not.
    Lol yeah pretty bad. Lebrons terrible acting. Terrible animation (shouldíve had the same as the first one as I think the toons looked good there). So much happening to focus on one thing.

I didnít mind all the worlds and stuff but it was way too much and really drove away from the story. (Like there even was any)

Iíd say like 4/10 just because I like the looney tunes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

piece of **** of a movie ruined the franchise smh

#FreeYagyu And CSSTL

After learning about The Continental", a prequel limited series spinoff of the John Wick franchise, I binge watch John Wick. I like 007, I like Jason Bourne but John Wick franchise is my thing. Who knew the former Ted "Theodore" Logan would make for such an awesome action star.
    Screw sabermetics.

Keanu will always be my favorite bad actor.

Fear Street Part 1: 6/10

Solid, but unspectacular movie. Nothing you haven't seen before in a horror movie but entertaining enough through out to keep me interested (good acting, good soundtrack, design etc.) despite an overreliance on tropes and traits that ring familiar if you have seen any horror/slasher before. Could be a nice gateway for a younger audience to get into horror if they wanted to. I did like this more than Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark for comparison sake of "kid/teen gateway horror".

Fear Street Part 2: 6.5/10

Slasher movie to it's core while remixing a few clichťs of the genre (while other still linger) to have it feel a tad more fresh. I really enjoyed the characters in this and splitting the stories up between the two sisters worked well. Not sure I buy how Ziggy survived even for a horror movie though. Like the previous movie there are some logic leaps and less complex solutions/narratives to fit for a younger audience but still overall enjoyable.
    Last edited by LionsFan..LOL; 07-27-2021 at 08:49 PM.

Crookyln... best part was the soundtrack. Tough watch for me.

Fear Street Part 3: 5/10

The weakest of the bunch in my opinion. The first hour or so serves as a recap of the past only for a reveal that seemed pretty weak thought not entirely unexpected. I think the concept and idea of what they were going for could have been a really good, dramatic, and scary movie if it was allowed to be a full fledge 1.45 or 2 hour movie. The 2nd half/conclusion was fine enough. Decent series of 3 movies that I think can work for everyone if you like the horror genre, just not great especially if you know a lot about the movies.

The Bird With The Crystal Plumage: 6.5/10

The start for Argento and his journey into giallo filmmaking. You can see the hallmarks of his style forming here and it is a very gorgeous movie to look at. I'm always up for a murder mystery so this sufficed on that front though the acting was all over the place and comedy really seemed ill placed at times. I can see why people like this and the impact it had on its genre (and it delivers on its creativity in kills and style) but I don't think it is Argento's best. Give me Suspiria, Tenebrae, or Deep Red over this.