Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 501 of 504 FirstFirst ... 401451491499500501502503 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,515 of 7558
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Just finished it with the wife. We both enjoyed it, although there were some ridiculous suspend all belief type scenes that bothered us. The **** is ****ed up. The whole time I was seething inside for that chick to get her just desserts. Its mind boggling. Does that **** really occur IRL? It is just so savage.

The movie didn't need to be 2 hours long. There was plenty of crap that could have been cut out.
    Decent movie, we enjoyed it.

Stuff like that does happen, obviously not to the extreme of the killing and stuff.

Candy 5.5-6/10 decent acting but the movie didn't do a lot for me

Other People 6-6.5/10 well written, decent acting. About losing a mother to cancer.

Judas And The Black Messiah - 8.5/10 Its about Fred Hampton leader of the Illinois chapter of The Black Panthers and what the FBI and Cops did to him. Real good acting all around.

Rewatch Coming to America 7-7.5/10 classic comedy and all the roles Murphy and Hall played
    Coming 2 America 6-6.5/10 It was pretty good, turned out better than I thought.
    The Believer 6/10 a Jewish Nazi. Decent movie, I thought the end could have been better
    Bombshell 6-6.5/10 It was decent I thought it was going to be better but still decent telling of it. And Margot!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Judas And The Black Messiah - 8.5/10 Its about Fred Hampton leader of the Illinois chapter of The Black Panthers and what the FBI and Cops did to him. Real good acting all around.
    That's about the same of a grade as I would give it. A few moments where the story lags a bit and some extra characters that don't really get or do a lot but overall a really great movie. Daniel Kaluuya and Lakeith Stanfield are quickly rising up my favorite current actors list.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    That's about the same of a grade as I would give it. A few moments where the story lags a bit and some extra characters that don't really get or do a lot but overall a really great movie. Daniel Kaluuya and Lakeith Stanfield are quickly rising up my favorite current actors list.
    Yup both are great actors hopefully we see a lot of them in the up coming years.

A Serbian Film:

It certainly deserves the reputation it has for being vile and exploitative. as well as feeling like an edge-lord type of movie. The movie has something there, a story it could tell about a struggling man in a torn country. It certainly has an allegory in there about exploitation and getting screwed over by the Gov't, and the director swears it to be the case (I can't speak to it as I never lived in Serbia), but whatever it is trying to say is undercut by shocking and stupid imagery. It never allows the film to speak for itself because the people behind it feel compelled to put as shocking and disgusting things as possible. I am not a prude when it comes to that subject matter, I have seen many exploitation films ones who have used violence for a purpose, this one just feels like an angsty edge-lord teenager wrote it. None of the violence and imagery seemed to serve any other purpose other than to be disgusting for the sake of it or way too literal. Even the ending which is a very powerful scene on trauma and despair is undercut by garbage, disgusting imagery for seemingly no reason other than to shock.

The babysitter Killer Queen 5-5.5/10 not as good as the first one but it was ok.
    The Old Guard 6.5-7/10 was pleasantly surprised how well it was done. Looking forward to part 2.
    The Invitation 5.5-6/10 took too long to get going and the ending was hhmm. Not horrible not great.
    No Escape 0/10 horribly written . Just horrible.
    Killing Gunther 2-2.5/10 bad writing, not very well acted, not that funny.
    Rewatch I am Legend 7.5-8/10 Love this movie and the human survival aspect. Will Smith is gold
    To the Bone 4.5-5/10 it was ok but didn't like the ending. Reeves did a nice job acting.

Irresistable-3.5
    Loved the ending, little boring in the middle
    Probably relatively accurate on political fundraising
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

Bloodshot 6-6.5/10 I was kinda surprised how well it was done. I had low expectations going in but it was decent.

Rewatch End of Days 7.5-8/10 really like this movie
    #ALIVE 5.5-6/10 pretty decent Korean (I believe) zombie flick

rewatch The Truman show 6-6.5/10 pretty good movie. I wanted it to keep going.
    rewatch First Blood 7-7.5/10 classic

Godzilla Vs. Kong: 6.5/10

Delivered on everything I wanted from a spectacle perspective, as a fan of the Godzilla franchise I expect that to deliver in every movie. The fights are all really good, even with them being pure CGI, and thank god for them having the fights take place in daytime or heavy lit areas. You can actually make out what it happening for a change! Humans are still paper thin in terms of character/character development and the villains pretty generic, but they add a little bit of humanity to this story to make you feel something. It isn't a lot but there are some relationships in this movie I feel do actually work. Humor is hit or miss. If you've enjoyed the movies thus far in the franchise, you'll enjoy this.

Godzilla vs Kong - 7.5/10. I enjoyed a bit more than the other but yes the humans are and always will be the weak links in these stories. Now there was nobody I hated or though was annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Godzilla vs Kong - 7.5/10. I enjoyed a bit more than the other but yes the humans are and always will be the weak links in these stories. Now there was nobody I hated or though was annoying.
    The guy with the podcast and the kid (not eleven) were annoying as ****.

It was about what I expected. Kong Skull Island was the best in the series so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.