Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 341 of 355 FirstFirst ... 241291331339340341342343351 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,115 of 5321
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    And it was already 3 hours. I honestly did think wow I canít believe I think this movie would need to be longer to push all this crap in. They just needed to drop some of the story lines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, they tried to cram too much in too fast instead of taking it slow and building characters before mashing them altogether into one movie. For instance, a 1:45 movie about Batman meeting Wonder Woman and building his disdain for Superman, then do Batman v Superman adding in some of the other characters would have been a much better route for them.

Just watched Spotlight, incredible.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

The Town- 8/10 Affleck and Renner are great. Feels so authentic.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    The Town- 8/10 Affleck and Renner are great. Feels so authentic.
    I liked this movie too. It comes on IFC a good bit

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

3/4 stars. All around a good movie. But i dont fully understand the immense love it was getting

Wonder - 7.5/10 - these movies are hard for me to rate. I didn't like Wilson and Roberts in this but I feel as though any one playing the parents wouldn't have mattered since they really didn't play a huge part in this movie. I thought the kid was good and the sister alright. The acting by the kids as a whole was really good. As real as these may be, I hate how fragile these movies make parents/adults. Not saying kids aren't smart, but this movie makes it seems parents/adults are oblivious to everything.

Ready Player One - 7/10. Liked the movie, good sci-fi flick. I could imagine the book being better. The creater reminded me of Garth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Melancholia: 7/10

A well told and filmed movie about depression. I feel as if the first half of the movie (Justine's story) was far more interesting than the second half even with the pace and frantic energy picking up with the impending doom of the narrative. Kirsten Dunst was just fantastic in this movie and should be scene just for that. Though I do admit some might find this dull and there are moments where it really does feel that way, overall though I am glad I saw it even if I will never watch it again.
    Last edited by LionsFan..LOL; 06-11-2018 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Melancholia: 7/10

A well told and filmed movie about depression. I feel as if the first half of the movie (Justine's story) was far more interesting than the second half even with the pace and frantic energy picking up with the impending doom of the narrative. Kirsten Dunst was just fantastic in this movie and should be scene just for that. Though I do admit some might find this dull and there are moments where it really does feel that way, overall though I am glad I saw it even if I will never watch it again.
    Oh yeah. This is my kind of movie actually as long as the "dull"is well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

3/4 stars. All around a good movie. But i dont fully understand the immense love it was getting
    Felt the same way. It was good, watchable, enjoyable, etc. Given the hype though, I felt a little underwhelmed.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Felt the same way. It was good, watchable, enjoyable, etc. Given the hype though, I felt a little underwhelmed.
    Yup. Its also a movie that I dont envision myself thinking, "Damn its been too long, I need to rewatch that"

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen XXV

Hereditary 6/10. It was good at things other then being a horror movie. Watchable but did not live up to the reviews I read and had some clear criticisms

Last edited by ewing; 06-13-2018 at 12:42 PM.

Hereditary, 5.5/10

Not especially scary, entertaining, or interesting (and also too long). Not sure what all these reviewers were thinking.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Hereditary, 5.5/10

Not especially scary, entertaining, or interesting (and also too long). Not sure what all these reviewers were thinking.
    I thought a good portion of it was interesting, i did not think any of it was scary

American Assassin-5/10

I guess they can't all be The Bourne Identity....

I have 2 issues with this movie. First, 18 months is not enough time to become a complete bad azz. Second, the story was so short sighted and lacked any and all surprise value.

All in all, guess I am cool with the movie, but it wasn't that good.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    Over the Top- so bad it's awesome.
    I seriously considered turning the 5th bedroom in our new house into an arm wrestling room. Like, a table in the middle, some OTT poster on the wall, a disc player with Kenny Loggins as the only option, etc. My wife didn't align with my vision though, unfortunately.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.