Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 517 of 519 FirstFirst ... 17417467507515516517518519 LastLast
Results 7,741 to 7,755 of 7782
    Old 5.5-6/10 its a weird story, kind of interesting. worth a watch

F9 Fast and the Furious 9 0/10 What the absolute hell was that!!!!!! So many things were just hideous with this crap its pathetic!!!!!! Story has been horse crap for the last 4-5 FF movies but this takes the cake. Like I said many things were bad but I almost threw up when they ended up in space in a F-ing car. ARE YOU F-ING KIDDING ME!!!!!! For the love of god please just stop!!!!!! The best part was the end when Brian was pulling up but they need to let him go!!!!!

I'd say that's on you for continuing to watch that slop.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I'd say that's on you for continuing to watch that slop.
    Its on me for them to continually bury what was a decent franchise, yeah ok. Just was hoping they would turn it around and wanted to see how they covered Brian in the film and see if they would finally let the character go.

With No Way Home coming out soon I decided to re-watch the Sam Raimi trilogy of Spiderman films again. It's been at least 10 years since I've seen any of them.

Spiderman: 7.5/10

I like the humble beginnings of the franchise and love Willem Dafoe being so over the top as Green Goblin. I like Peter, MJ, and Harry in this film, they feel legit like friends. That carries the movie well enough and when it needs that emotional lift, Rosemary Harris as Aunt May is wonderful. Yeah, it looks dated at times, Tobey looks way too old to be in high school (Flash Thompson is worse) and yes Goblin isn't the deepest villain but I enjoyed the movie well enough. It fits the time so well and is still well told despite some aesthetics and writing limitations.

Spiderman 2: 8/10

I remember liking this film a lot as a pre-teenager and I am happy to say it still is as good as I remember. I really appreciate the film's attention to the drama and stress that comes with being a masked hero. It gives the film a real world vibe. I like the motivations and tragic villain story they gave Doc Ock though I wish they did more with him. He seems to disappear at times in the film to the point I almost forgot he was even there. It's at this point the damsel in distress role for MJ was getting a bit tired. That said Peter and MJ's relationship is cute and feels real. To that point you understand the struggle between trying to be a hero and normal citizen. The bus scene is still awesome though the face reveal I always found dumb.

Spiderman 3: 3.5-4/10
    Yuck. This came out as bloated and distracted as one would think looking at the roster list of characters in the movie. Right off the bat I groaned because the opening Harry-Peter fight looked so bad and didn't deliver emotionally like it should. On top of that the amnesia plot was stupid and did nothing but keep Goblin on the sideline for a while because they had 3875363536 stories to get to. The complaints are the same as everyone else: too many villains, underdeveloped new stories, re-hashing elements that they should be beyond already (i.e. the forced romantic drama), bad acting, silly dialogue (which to be fair is present in the previous movies as well), Venom/symbiote being completely pointless, and the thing that annoyed me most: retconning Uncle Ben's death to shoehorn in Sandman. The film had some ideas that could make for good movies, like the aforementioned Sandman, but they crammed way too much here and did little with it all. Harry Osborn's revenge, built up through 2 movies, should not have been relegated to a side story in Spiderman 3 as another example. Unlike Amazing Spiderman 2 which tried the same thing, this at least had some moments that felt genuine and could work elsewhere. Overall though, yeah it stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    With No Way Home coming out soon I decided to re-watch the Sam Raimi trilogy of Spiderman films again. It's been at least 10 years since I've seen any of them.

I like the humble beginnings of the franchise and love Willem Dafoe being so over the top as Green Goblin. I like Peter, MJ, and Harry in this film, they feel legit like friends. That carries the movie well enough and when it needs that emotional lift, Rosemary Harris as Aunt May is wonderful. Yeah, it looks dated at times, Tobey looks way too old to be in high school (Flash Thompson is worse) and yes Goblin isn't the deepest villain but I enjoyed the movie well enough. It fits the time so well and is still well told despite some aesthetics and writing limitations.

I remember liking this film a lot as a pre-teenager and I am happy to say it still is as good as I remember. I really appreciate the film's attention to the drama and stress that comes with being a masked hero. It gives the film a real world vibe. I like the motivations and tragic villain story they gave Doc Ock though I wish they did more with him. He seems to disappear at times in the film to the point I almost forgot he was even there. It's at this point the damsel in distress role for MJ was getting a bit tired. That said Peter and MJ's relationship is cute and feels real. To that point you understand the struggle between trying to be a hero and normal citizen. The bus scene is still awesome though the face reveal I always found dumb.

Yuck. This came out as bloated and distracted as one would think looking at the roster list of characters in the movie. Right off the bat I groaned because the opening Harry-Peter fight looked so bad and didn't deliver emotionally like it should. On top of that the amnesia plot was stupid and did nothing but keep Goblin on the sideline for a while because they had 3875363536 stories to get to. The complaints are the same as everyone else: too many villains, underdeveloped new stories, re-hashing elements that they should be beyond already (i.e. the forced romantic drama), bad acting, silly dialogue (which to be fair is present in the previous movies as well), Venom/symbiote being completely pointless, and the thing that annoyed me most: retconning Uncle Ben's death to shoehorn in Sandman. The film had some ideas that could make for good movies, like the aforementioned Sandman, but they crammed way too much here and did little with it all. Harry Osborn's revenge, built up through 2 movies, should not have been relegated to a side story in Spiderman 3 as another example. Unlike Amazing Spiderman 2 which tried the same thing, this at least had some moments that felt genuine and could work elsewhere. Overall though, yeah it stinks.
    Until one of the recent Star Wars (Last Jedi, I think... kinda forgotten/don't care), Spiderman 3 was one of the biggest letdowns I've seen in a theater. Was really pumped for it too because I enjoyed the first two so much.

What a disaster that movie was.

I think the ages is the biggest turnoff for me from the Tobey trilogy. I get that they shifted pretty quickly to life after HS but those HS time we’re cringy as they all looked like they were more likely to be post college than in HS.

I did rewatch as well and 1-2 are both great with 3 being terribad. Not a huge fan of Harry in the series though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Watched Dune back whenever it came out... that **** was fantastic. Looking forward to Part 2.

9/10

And Villaenueve has to be the best director going today.
    you should check out the books

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    you should check out the books
    I have

Unforgivable - 8/10 - Redemption style movie about a woman getting released from prison after 20 years for killing a cop. Sandra Bullock is the lead and she is very good in this movie. John Bernthal also does a good job, switching it up and playing the nice guy.

Raw 4.5-5/10 it was ok, kinda slow and weird at times.

Titane: 9/10

Love it, pronbably my favorite movie of 2021 though I do admit I haven't seen a ton of this year. Give me the weird French horror stuff all day mixed with a story about generational trauma passed down and sexual identity. For a horror movie Titane can get surprisingly touching at times.

Lamb: 6/10

Again surprisingly touching, if not a tad sappy, for a monster-ish folk tale type of movie. Characters start to feel like chess pieces instead of fully fleshed out people which starts to detract from the story once you realize how things play out. Good acting with what they are given but never more than what the story needed to get going. I can see why some call this an A24 parody of an A24 movie.

Venom 2: 3/10

Stupid. Not that the first one was good, but it certainly was an improvement over this mess. For a movie involving a character named Carnage, you need, well carnage. This skirts the line on that to make the movie more available to everyone. On top of that the whole Carnage/Shriek story is barely established and all we get is through exposition dumps. It means nothing to me so the inevitable clash at the end feels real boring. There is no stakes nor investment on my part because I don't care about the villains. Nor do I care about the heroes as we just recycle the same story beats from the first movie with Eddie, Venom, and Anne. Sony needs to stop making these movies on their own, they haven't made a good Spiderman/Spiderman adjacent story since 2004 with Spiderman 2. Not without Disney/Feige's help anyway.

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen XXV

Spider-Man No Way Home - 8.5/10

I have never been a big fan of the new Spider-Man but this movie will end up being my second favorite Spider-Man movie after into the spider verse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sick Of It All; 12-20-2021 at 11:21 PM.

Venom 2: 3/10

Stupid. Not that the first one was good, but it certainly was an improvement over this mess. For a movie involving a character named Carnage, you need, well carnage. This skirts the line on that to make the movie more available to everyone. On top of that the whole Carnage/Shriek story is barely established and all we get is through exposition dumps. It means nothing to me so the inevitable clash at the end feels real boring. There is no stakes nor investment on my part because I don't care about the villains. Nor do I care about the heroes as we just recycle the same story beats from the first movie with Eddie, Venom, and Anne. Sony needs to stop making these movies on their own, they haven't made a good Spiderman/Spiderman adjacent story since 2004 with Spiderman 2. Not without Disney/Feige's help anyway.
    I walked out of it, it was awful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Free Guy: 7.5/10

Surprisingly good and much funnier than I expected.