Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 454 of 460 FirstFirst ... 354404444452453454455456 ... LastLast
Results 6,796 to 6,810 of 6893
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I think he has just made too many movies where he is the rough old guy dealing with a world he doesn’t quite fit in anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    so true dude

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind 9/10. Very good. Jim Carey is a serious role does well (early 2000s). The movie is kind of trippy but still makes sense and doesn't lose its story line. Well done
    Def a good one.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I despised that movie. I watched it with a very gay friend, whose entire life is art, etc. When it was over, he looked at me and said, "wish I had those 2 hours back". Made me feel vindicated that a gay, artistic guy thought it was as stupid as I did.

Now, this was 20 years ago maybe? I might have to re-watch it, it could very well be that I was in the anything not funny by Jim Carrey sucked mode, cause I loved his comedy SO much.
    Weird. This story gives me further vindication in thinking the movie was quite good.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

perhaps. To be fair, I thought Gran Torino was hella-overrated. Went into thinking it was going to be awesome, and it wasn't...
    I like that one. Mainly b/c I thought it was really funny. Old guys yelling racial slurs isn't everyone brand of humor but i liked it

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I HIGHLY recommend doing some drugs and then going to see Cats. That **** was an out of body experience, lol

Quote Originally Posted by unleashthebeast View Post
    I HIGHLY recommend doing some drugs and then going to see Cats. That **** was an out of body experience, lol
    Duly noted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Uncut Gems- 8/10

Solid fast paced flick with a very good ending. Sandler was great... deserving of a nomination.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    Uncut Gems- 8/10

Solid fast paced flick with a very good ending. Sandler was great... deserving of a nomination.
    Did not get a nom.

2017 - 8/10 Not much action but very tense. Might get best director for Sam Mendes, but imo it ranks with dunkirk while very good, it was not best movie type winner.

Hobbs & Shaw: 6/10

Stupid as hell but kept me entertained in the cheese kind of way.

Like a Boss was terrible, there were legitimately only 2 funny parts the whole movie. And strangely they cut out 3 of the funniest parts from the preview that I could remember, no idea why they would do that. I was hoping to like it because I love Salma Hayek and Rose Byrne but this was not a good movie.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Weird. This story gives me further vindication in thinking the movie was quite good.
    It probably is. I read the wiki plot on it, and it seemed good. It was so long ago I barely remembered it. I will say, I alluded to it, but I think I loved Carrey so much in comedy, that I immediately hated it because he wasn't being plastic-man. I will have to re-watch it at some point.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

I like that one. Mainly b/c I thought it was really funny. Old guys yelling racial slurs isn't everyone brand of humor but i liked it
    it re-affirmed my opinion that baby boomers just need to git already. Die off, please, so the rest of us can stop pretending it's ok to be a racist lunatic if you are old.

it re-affirmed my opinion that baby boomers just need to git already. Die off, please, so the rest of us can stop pretending it's ok to be a racist lunatic if you are old.
    Yes boomers need to go!

Fighting With My Family: 8/10

Solid sports movie about the trials and success to make it to the top. Not really inventing the wheel here but the acting and characters really carry the movie. I do think that The Rock was a little prominent in the movie, even just a few scenes, because it felt like he was shoehorned in to the film due to producer status. That and some of the story drama I feel like could have been fleshed out a little more. Still not a bad film.