Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 485 of 491 FirstFirst ... 385435475483484485486487 ... LastLast
Results 7,261 to 7,275 of 7353
  1. #7261
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    37,625
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Basically my exact experience. Seemed to be the same for the majority of the people in the packed theater I watched it in as well. Hella people bustin' up laughing at scenes that were supposed to be disturbing, along with a bunch of mocking pop/click mouth noises from all directions.

    Have you seen Midsommar?
    I have not. We seem to like/dislike the same movies, so maybe I'll give it a try. There was an am radio show I used to listen to the podcasts of and they reviewed movies. That's how I got roped into watching Hereditary. I remember someone calling into the show saying they saw Hereditary and they couldn't stop laughing and he got offended and said he was ruining the experience for the other movie goers. He also loved Babadook, which I hated just as much. They liked Midsommar so I has hesitant since every movie they recommended I hated.

  2. #7262
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    37,625
    I have been on a horror movie kick. I watched all the Texas Chainsaw movies this week. 8 of them I think it was. I had only seen a handful of them before. Now I'm on Halloween. I saw the first one last night, which I had never seen before.

  3. #7263
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    78,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    I have been on a horror movie kick. I watched all the Texas Chainsaw movies this week. 8 of them I think it was. I had only seen a handful of them before. Now I'm on Halloween. I saw the first one last night, which I had never seen before.
    That's my favorite film of all time. What did you think?

    The original TCM is great imo and TCM 2, while a complete tone shift, is still fun. After that is sharply down hill imo (especially the illuminati ******** in TCM 4.

  4. #7264
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    37,625
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    That's my favorite film of all time. What did you think?

    The original TCM is great imo and TCM 2, while a complete tone shift, is still fun. After that is sharply down hill imo (especially the illuminati ******** in TCM 4.
    It was good. I'm surprised I have never seen it before. I have seen the middle ones for some reason, but never the first few.

    I remember seeing tcm 2 when it first came out, and it is ridiculous. I don't know why I never saw the first one until this week. I actually liked the one from 2013 since they had it pick up right after the first one. Which one was the 4th? Was the the Renee Zellwegger one? That is definitely the worst one imo. I do like that Sally from the first one made cameos in two other ones. She was Verna in the 2013 one, and she was the lady on the gurnee in the next generation. That one also had two others in that end scene that was from the original.
    Last edited by Dmac; 10-22-2020 at 01:22 PM.

  5. #7265
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    78,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    It was good. I'm surprised I have never seen it before. I have seen the middle ones for some reason, but never the first few.

    I remember seeing tcm 2 when it first came out, and it is ridiculous. I don't know why I never saw the first one until this week. I actually liked the one from 2013 since they had it pick up right after the first one. Which one was the 4th? Was the the Renee Zellwegger one? That is definitely the worst one imo. I do like that Sally from the first one made cameos in two other ones. She was Verna in the 2013 one, and she was the lady on the gurnee in the next generation. That one also had two others in that end scene that was from the original.
    Yeah, part 4 was with her and McConaughey. I did not know Sally made cameos, nice!

    3D for me is the worst of the bunch, not only are we retconning **** but now we are adding dumb twists.

    "Get 'Em Cuz!"

    made my eyes roll so hard. I don't recall seeing the 2017 film but if I do I not remember it. Probably for the best. At least with the 2003 remake you had R. Lee Ermy as the sadistic Sheriff Hoyt.

  6. #7266
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    80,152
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    I have been on a horror movie kick. I watched all the Texas Chainsaw movies this week. 8 of them I think it was. I had only seen a handful of them before. Now I'm on Halloween. I saw the first one last night, which I had never seen before.
    Get ready for a mix of great/meh/terrible.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  7. #7267
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    80,152
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    It was good. I'm surprised I have never seen it before. I have seen the middle ones for some reason, but never the first few.

    I remember seeing tcm 2 when it first came out, and it is ridiculous. I don't know why I never saw the first one until this week. I actually liked the one from 2013 since they had it pick up right after the first one. Which one was the 4th? Was the the Renee Zellwegger one? That is definitely the worst one imo. I do like that Sally from the first one made cameos in two other ones. She was Verna in the 2013 one, and she was the lady on the gurnee in the next generation. That one also had two others in that end scene that was from the original.
    TCM had a few I really liked, including the Diddario version.

    Both movies show what music/theme songs can do for a horror movie.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  8. #7268
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    37,625
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Yeah, part 4 was with her and McConaughey. I did not know Sally made cameos, nice!

    3D for me is the worst of the bunch, not only are we retconning **** but now we are adding dumb twists.

    "Get 'Em Cuz!"

    made my eyes roll so hard. I don't recall seeing the 2017 film but if I do I not remember it. Probably for the best. At least with the 2003 remake you had R. Lee Ermy as the sadistic Sheriff Hoyt.
    Sally is on the gurnee. Franklin is the one pushing it, and the cop is grandpa.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Em1y2Ozmnw

    R Lee Ermy played that role in two movies actually. The one from 2006 I think it was as well. Leatherface was pretty dumb. Leatherface and his brother get sent to a boys home when they are teenagers and end up breaking out.

  9. #7269
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    37,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    TCM had a few I really liked, including the Diddario version.

    Both movies show what music/theme songs can do for a horror movie.
    The ending was dumb, but overall I didn't hate it. I like how it picked up after the first one.

  10. #7270
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    104,096
    Borat Subsequent Moviefilm - 8/10 Not as good as the original but it did have a few really funny parts.

  11. #7271
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    19,505
    Graveyard Shift (1990)
    3.5/10

    Oh boy, this one was bad. I'm giving it 3.5 out of 10 only because it had a certain sense of nostalgia for me. These are the kinds of late night horror movies that I would catch on TV as a kid and get sucked into. The acting was pretty bad aside from Brad Dourif.

  12. #7272
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    45,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Graveyard Shift (1990)
    3.5/10

    Oh boy, this one was bad. I'm giving it 3.5 out of 10 only because it had a certain sense of nostalgia for me. These are the kinds of late night horror movies that I would catch on TV as a kid and get sucked into. The acting was pretty bad aside from Brad Dourif.
    I went on a Stephen King binge a little while ago and some of them are so bad. Have you seen Needful Things?

  13. #7273
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    28,075
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    I went on a Stephen King binge a little while ago and some of them are so bad. Have you seen Needful Things?
    I love reading King so if you see anything worth watching let me know!


    I know the question wasn't for me, but I haven't seen it. Yay/nay?

    The dead zone was a great book and TERRIBLE series haha.

    Same for the stand. Amazing...long...book. the made for tv show from a long time ago... just terrible.


    The have a new the stand miniseries coming out on dec 17 for CBS all access, excited for it!

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  14. #7274
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    19,505
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    I went on a Stephen King binge a little while ago and some of them are so bad. Have you seen Needful Things?
    I havenít. But Iím curious about more Stephen King adaptations now. lol

  15. #7275
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    104,096
    Underrated SK movie was nightflier that movie was actually some what scary.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •