Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 514 of 516 FirstFirst ... 14414464504512513514515516 LastLast
Results 7,696 to 7,710 of 7739
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Halloween Kills: 5/10

Disappointing. While not nearly as awful as some of the other sequels in this franchise and having things I did like in it, Halloween Kills has a lot more issues with it than the 2018 movie, which I thought was solid putting the movie in a tenuous spot with me. I do think, however, slasher fans will enjoy the over indulgence in violence in the movie (and to be fair some kills are really well shot). I think there is something to also be said about the movie and idea it wants to talk about but the movie itself is largely sloppy.
    watching it now... beginning scene with fast mike made me jump not gonna lie lol

About Time 8-8.5/10 wow, I knew nothing coming into it and it was great. Sappy love story but very good.
    Extremely Wicked, Shockingly evil and vile 7-7.5/10 well acted and interesting

Old: 4/10

Like the visuals, like stories in/on an isolated area, and I appreciate the themes. However, the dialogue is really bad (they describe the plot at least 4 or 5 times and try to pass it off as natural dialogue) making it hard for the actors to really do anything special with the material, and the the film is littered with plot holes included a really dumb twist.

No Time To Die- Daniel Craig solid, movie 7/10

Dune (2021) 6/10: A very beautfiul looking movie from the sets, to the scenary, and even the costumes. It is engrossing in that regard. I also really like the more adult approach to sci-fi and the drama behind this allegory for colonialism. The downside is that Dune also has what I call the "Lord Of The Rings syndrome" where the lore is so dense that you are forced to be delivered a lot of it via exposition. That and most of the characters are on the bland side, aside from a few who I though stood out. I wouldn't say it is badly acted but maybe more so the dialogue or really dense material. Not nearly as bizarre as the David Lynch movie which I do appreciate. Still, I found the movie worth watching and probably would have been even better in theater just for how gorgeous it looks alone. Denis Villenueve does not miss on his visual shots.

Dune 2021 - 7.5/10 Having read the book recently I know the lore pretty well and am not lost at all at any point during the movie but I can understand how somebody who has not read the book may get lost here and there specially with flash forwards. My only real complaint is that itís divided into 2 parts and you only get about 2/3 of the book in this movie, but I do get it because they actually added scenes to expand on the relationships of some characters between each other.

But because they do this at times the movie slows down its pace.

I saw it on imax so it was a pleasure to see it in the big screw because is one of the best looking movies you may get to see and many shots were made for imax format.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Old: 4/10

Like the visuals, like stories in/on an isolated area, and I appreciate the themes. However, the dialogue is really bad (they describe the plot at least 4 or 5 times and try to pass it off as natural dialogue) making it hard for the actors to really do anything special with the material, and the the film is littered with plot holes included a really dumb twist.
    I thought it looked interesting and then I saw who made it, so I wasn't interested anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    I thought it looked interesting and then I saw who made it, so I wasn't interested anymore.
    Good choice. It isn't Shyamalan's worst work (that belongs to The Happening or Lady In The Water imo) but it does seem that The Visit and Split were outliers to his trajectory instead of a renaissance.

Halloween Kills - 6.5/10 It was pretty gory and had lots of kills.

Four Hours at the Capitol (HBO), 8/10

Very solid breakdown of the events that transpired in DC on 1/6/21. Gives you looks at it from all vantage points and does it without pushing any particular viewpoint via a biased narrator or anything. We've all seen clips and pics from that day, but this documentary lays it all out more clearly than any glimpses I had come across prior.

https://youtu.be/qlcdaAx5hu8

paranormal activity next of kin... 1-10... wtf are they doing. went from paranormal activity to a **** monster movie... GET OUT OF YOUR OWN WAY.... Its not that hard lol

the original and the marked ones are still the 2 best movies on this series. Marked ones showed you dont need a big budget or special effects etc to be amazing,
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 10-29-2021 at 07:11 AM.

Don't Breathe 2: 2/10

This film is a perfect example of why not every movie that is successful needs a sequel. The premise comes off as stupid but could have been told in an interesting way if not for the film going the action hero route. There can be an interesting tale of forgiveness and rehabilitation but rather we get a generic action story. The plot itself is so ridiculous, contrived, and even more over the top than the ending of the first film. The villains are unbelievably stupid and the lack of tension/style is really noticeable here, both because of the stupid execution of the route they chose to go with The Blind Man leaving the audience unsure of who to root for, but also failing to give anyone even a basic compelling story/actions to keep you interested. The acting between Blind Man and the little girl is fine enough but the writing sucks and premise so sloppy.

Killer Klowns from Outer Space
    1.5/10

I donít get it. I knew this one was a cult classic and Iím usually one for anything that scratches the 80s nostalgia itch, but I just donít get the appeal here.

The Guns Of Navarone: 7/10

Solid war flick lead by good performances by your main stars, especially Anthony Quinn and Gregory Peck. Some interesting ideas that don't really get followed up on but the general story suffices. I like the tension between the Mallory and Andrea character especially the cliff hanging scene where you wonder "what if". Not my favorite war movie in the slightest but I do feel it is worth a watch.

Velvet Buzzsaw: I have no idea how to take this movie. On one hand I appreciate the thoroughly smarmy and unlikable characters set in a world that I largely don't care about. They are so excessive it feels like a parody at times which I suspect was intended. Once the 2nd half of the movie kicks in and the super natural/horror elements appear the movie feels very basic. The overload of characters too can be hard to follow. Visually the movie does look nice and one kill in particular I thought was very fun. I guess I consider this movie mediocre?

The Eternals - 8/10 Itís more of a character driven film so many will find it slower than any other previous marvel film. Only think I still donít quite grasp is the Thanos situation based on how the main plot develops and how what Thanos did involved their situation.

Anyways the two end credit scenes are very interesting since one major new character gets introduced and you hear another major new character also get introduced also