Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 476 of 491 FirstFirst ... 376426466474475476477478486 ... LastLast
Results 7,126 to 7,140 of 7353
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    You just watched king of New York?

Man that was great movie and underrated gangster movie even though biggie used his namesake.
    Yeah, had never seen it. It was solid. I didn't think it was great, felt very dated (as most 90's movies do), but it's a good watch, and good crime/gangster movie.

Fun fact though, Laurence Fishburne was offered the Sam Jackson role in Pulp Fiction, but turned it down because he'd already played this role in King of New York. He didn't wanna be typecast as that type of character.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Yeah, had never seen it. It was solid. I didn't think it was great, felt very dated (as most 90's movies do), but it's a good watch, and good crime/gangster movie.

Fun fact though, Laurence Fishburne was offered the Sam Jackson role in Pulp Fiction, but turned it down because he'd already played this role in King of New York. He didn't wanna be typecast as that type of character.

Big mistake on Fishburne's part. Perhaps if he had taken the role in Pulp Fiction, he wouldn't have been typecast as Morpheus for the rest of eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Big mistake on Fishburne's part. Perhaps if he had taken the role in Pulp Fiction, he wouldn't have been typecast as Morpheus for the rest of eternity.
    Agreed. He's had a pretty lackluster career overall since the 90's, aside from the Matrix.

Lost in Translation 8/10

Nothing happens but I liked it still

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Remember: 8/10 - Christopher Plummer hunts Nazi's.

The Way Back: 7.5/10 - true story of Russian prison camp escapees.

The Sisters Brothers: 6.510 - sorta funny, dark Western.

Crazy Rich Asians - 5/10 aside from the attractive Asian chicks itís pretty much your typical romcom.

I remember back in my 20ís I had a run of about 4-5 years where I only dated Asian chicks.

Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Agreed. He's had a pretty lackluster career overall since the 90's, aside from the Matrix.

He sounds way to preachy to me, maybe that is why. I think Fishburne is super overrated.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Changeling: 7.5/10

Effective movie about a man and his lost family while living in a haunted house. It is a tired staple now but I really enjoyed George C. Scott's performance and the emotion behind the movie.

Cheap Thrills- 8/10- strange movie where the stakes get upped to see what a couple of guys will do for money.

Safety Not Guaranteed- 8/10 fun time travel movie

The Founder- 8/10- Never realized how much of a douche Ray Kroc was.

The Fly

I believe I saw this as a kid, I felt like some scenes were familiar. But it had been a long time so this basically counted as my first viewing. This movie is pretty terrifying and creepy, beyond just the main plot. There's machismo from Jeff Goldblum, sex scenes with Goldblum, rapey sex scenes with Goldblum... poor Geena Davis. And who is her savior when the dude starts morphing? Another rapey creep who had failed in his attempt to get her to reconsider aborting the hellspawn in her belly and is trying to corner her into being friends with benefits for half of the movie.

I did enjoy it FWIW and it definitely achieved its goal IMO at that moment in time. It's pretty disturbing in a multitude of ways. The effects for its time were probably top notch, today they are to be laughed at. I'm surprised they haven't tried to remake it for a 2nd time.

But it is ****ed up and twisted and is not going to be easy to forget, this time.

8/10

Doctor Sleep - 7/10 not nearly as good as The Shinning, but I liked it.

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen XXV

The Platform - 7/10: Different type of horror film.

Jumanji 2 - 5/10: meh

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Doctor Sleep - 7/10 not nearly as good as The Shinning, but I liked it.
    I liked that one quite a bit. I think the end turned a little too fanservice-y for me but overall it was very solid with some really good performances. Getting a decent sequel for me would have been enough, but one that I actually really enjoyed was a pleasant surprise.

I actually liked Dr. Sleep better than the Shining.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I liked that one quite a bit. I think the end turned a little too fanservice-y for me but overall it was very solid with some really good performances. Getting a decent sequel for me would have been enough, but one that I actually really enjoyed was a pleasant surprise.
    It did, I was expecting a darker ending, not that it wasnít dark in some parts.