Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 476 of 491 FirstFirst ... 376426466474475476477478486 ... LastLast
Results 7,126 to 7,140 of 7353
  1. #7126
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    70,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    You just watched king of New York?

    Man that was great movie and underrated gangster movie even though biggie used his namesake.
    Yeah, had never seen it. It was solid. I didn't think it was great, felt very dated (as most 90's movies do), but it's a good watch, and good crime/gangster movie.

    Fun fact though, Laurence Fishburne was offered the Sam Jackson role in Pulp Fiction, but turned it down because he'd already played this role in King of New York. He didn't wanna be typecast as that type of character.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

  2. #7127
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Metroplex
    Posts
    2,809
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Yeah, had never seen it. It was solid. I didn't think it was great, felt very dated (as most 90's movies do), but it's a good watch, and good crime/gangster movie.

    Fun fact though, Laurence Fishburne was offered the Sam Jackson role in Pulp Fiction, but turned it down because he'd already played this role in King of New York. He didn't wanna be typecast as that type of character.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Big mistake on Fishburne's part. Perhaps if he had taken the role in Pulp Fiction, he wouldn't have been typecast as Morpheus for the rest of eternity.

  3. #7128
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    70,320
    Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Big mistake on Fishburne's part. Perhaps if he had taken the role in Pulp Fiction, he wouldn't have been typecast as Morpheus for the rest of eternity.
    Agreed. He's had a pretty lackluster career overall since the 90's, aside from the Matrix.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

  4. #7129
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    50,552
    Lost in Translation 8/10

    Nothing happens but I liked it still


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  5. #7130
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    70,320
    Remember: 8/10 - Christopher Plummer hunts Nazi's.

    The Way Back: 7.5/10 - true story of Russian prison camp escapees.

    The Sisters Brothers: 6.510 - sorta funny, dark Western.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

  6. #7131
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    104,101
    Crazy Rich Asians - 5/10 aside from the attractive Asian chicks itís pretty much your typical romcom.

    I remember back in my 20ís I had a run of about 4-5 years where I only dated Asian chicks.

    Good times.

  7. #7132
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    80,152
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Agreed. He's had a pretty lackluster career overall since the 90's, aside from the Matrix.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    He sounds way to preachy to me, maybe that is why. I think Fishburne is super overrated.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  8. #7133
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    78,404
    Changeling: 7.5/10

    Effective movie about a man and his lost family while living in a haunted house. It is a tired staple now but I really enjoyed George C. Scott's performance and the emotion behind the movie.

  9. #7134
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    37,625
    Cheap Thrills- 8/10- strange movie where the stakes get upped to see what a couple of guys will do for money.

    Safety Not Guaranteed- 8/10 fun time travel movie

    The Founder- 8/10- Never realized how much of a douche Ray Kroc was.

  10. #7135
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    45,299
    The Fly

    I believe I saw this as a kid, I felt like some scenes were familiar. But it had been a long time so this basically counted as my first viewing. This movie is pretty terrifying and creepy, beyond just the main plot. There's machismo from Jeff Goldblum, sex scenes with Goldblum, rapey sex scenes with Goldblum... poor Geena Davis. And who is her savior when the dude starts morphing? Another rapey creep who had failed in his attempt to get her to reconsider aborting the hellspawn in her belly and is trying to corner her into being friends with benefits for half of the movie.

    I did enjoy it FWIW and it definitely achieved its goal IMO at that moment in time. It's pretty disturbing in a multitude of ways. The effects for its time were probably top notch, today they are to be laughed at. I'm surprised they haven't tried to remake it for a 2nd time.

    But it is ****ed up and twisted and is not going to be easy to forget, this time.

    8/10

  11. #7136
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    104,101
    Doctor Sleep - 7/10 not nearly as good as The Shinning, but I liked it.

  12. #7137
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    104,101

    Rate the Last Movie You've Seen XXV

    The Platform - 7/10: Different type of horror film.

    Jumanji 2 - 5/10: meh

  13. #7138
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    78,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Doctor Sleep - 7/10 not nearly as good as The Shinning, but I liked it.
    I liked that one quite a bit. I think the end turned a little too fanservice-y for me but overall it was very solid with some really good performances. Getting a decent sequel for me would have been enough, but one that I actually really enjoyed was a pleasant surprise.

  14. #7139
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    37,625
    I actually liked Dr. Sleep better than the Shining.

  15. #7140
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    104,101
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I liked that one quite a bit. I think the end turned a little too fanservice-y for me but overall it was very solid with some really good performances. Getting a decent sequel for me would have been enough, but one that I actually really enjoyed was a pleasant surprise.
    It did, I was expecting a darker ending, not that it wasnít dark in some parts.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •