Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 519 of 519 FirstFirst ... 19419469509517518519
Results 7,771 to 7,783 of 7783
    Ghostbusters:Afterlife 9/10

Was very masterfully done. I grew up a huge Ghostbusters fan, had all the toys, clothes, bedding, everything. I went in open minded because I saw what Disney did with the Star Wars sequels and I've seen what other movies have tried with reboots and such and how disappointing they can be so I tried to be as open as possible but still caution. this blew away all expectations. even the way they incorporated Harold Ramis was done perfectly.

I only had a couple of things I would have changed but, nothing too major and it didn't hurt it all that much. I would have liked to see someone other than Finn Wolfhard, he wasn't bad I just think he was a little out of place. I worry about the Paul Rudd casting, he was amazing but, i worry with his busy schedule future sequels are gonna be hard to do. Also the CGI done for Gozar was a little rough. would rather have had the same costume as the first Ghostbusters but again it wasn't make or break.

McKenna Grace was perfect as Egon's granddaughter. The kid who played Podcast was funny, would have loved to see a little more from the original cast but, still was done perfect. I fully admit there were tears shed. Highly recommend it

Spiderman far from home 3.5-4/10 man superhero movies are horrible. I watched because a guy I work with will probably want to see the next movie in the theater.
    All the right moves 4-4.5/10 young Tom Cruise it was ok but the ending was so 80's
    The Unforgivable 7-7.5/10 pretty decent movie, worth a watch
    Matrix resurrections 3-3.5 highly, highly disappointed, long, boring, confusing, just not that good overall.
    Last edited by herdapop; 01-12-2022 at 09:52 AM.

The Gentlemen - 8/10 - Great movie. This is probably Hugh Grant's best performance ever.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    The Gentlemen - 8/10 - Great movie. This is probably Hugh Grant's best performance ever.
    Yeah, I enjoyed it as well. The Wrath of Man was solid too (another recent Ritchie flick).

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Yeah, I enjoyed it as well. The Wrath of Man was solid too (another recent Ritchie flick).
    Didn't even realize it was a Guy Ritchie movie, but it was really good.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    Ghostbusters:Afterlife 9/10

Was very masterfully done. I grew up a huge Ghostbusters fan, had all the toys, clothes, bedding, everything. I went in open minded because I saw what Disney did with the Star Wars sequels and I've seen what other movies have tried with reboots and such and how disappointing they can be so I tried to be as open as possible but still caution. this blew away all expectations. even the way they incorporated Harold Ramis was done perfectly.

I only had a couple of things I would have changed but, nothing too major and it didn't hurt it all that much. I would have liked to see someone other than Finn Wolfhard, he wasn't bad I just think he was a little out of place. I worry about the Paul Rudd casting, he was amazing but, i worry with his busy schedule future sequels are gonna be hard to do. Also the CGI done for Gozar was a little rough. would rather have had the same costume as the first Ghostbusters but again it wasn't make or break.

McKenna Grace was perfect as Egon's granddaughter. The kid who played Podcast was funny, would have loved to see a little more from the original cast but, still was done perfect. I fully admit there were tears shed. Highly recommend it
    she was honestly perfectly casted. Her and podcast stole the show. I loved it i also agree i feel like finn was an after thought. Going forward they need to do more with just the 2 major characters in my opinion in the granddaughter and podcast. In the first movie all the cast felt like mc and not just there.

Ghostbusters afterlife was really fun. Iíd probably go 7.5. What they did with Harold was awesome and greatly done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Ray Donovan: the movie - decent send off for the series. This was really just like watching a long episode. There's too many flashbacks and the pacing is pretty slow, but the ending fits the tone of the series. 7/10

Rocky V
    6.5/10

Iíve been making my way back through the Rocky series for the first time in about 15 years. I wasnít particularly looking forward to this one, but it was actually better than I remembered.

Tommy Morrison, in particular, impressed me. He played his role so well. He was barely recognizable toward the end of his life. From a young, good looking kid ascending to the top of the boxing world at the time he made the film to a sad shell of his former self 20 years later.

My only gripe with the film is Rocky going to Russia with a 9-year son old at home and coming back home a short time after the fight to a 12-year old.
    Last edited by Jack the Ripper; 01-15-2022 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Rocky V
    6.5/10

Iíve been making my way back through the Rocky series for the first time in about 15 years. I wasnít particularly looking forward to this one, but it was actually better than I remembered.

Tommy Morrison, in particular, impressed me. He played his role so well. He was barely recognizable toward the end of his life. From a young, good looking kid ascending to the top of the boxing world at the time he made the film to a sad shell of his former self 20 years later.

My only gripe with the film is Rocky going to Russia with a 9-year son old at home and coming back home a short time after the fight to a 12-year old.
    Maybe the training montage he had leading up to his fight with Drago was a over a 3 year span. Plus you know crossing the international date line fixes everything lol

Scream- 7.5... I'm a huge Scream fan and I thought they did a great job. My favorite since the original. Few gripes, but love how it was all tied together especially the ending location.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    Maybe the training montage he had leading up to his fight with Drago was a over a 3 year span. Plus you know crossing the international date line fixes everything lol

I know youíre a wrestling fan and I want to believe this is a reference to Hogan.

Rocky Balboa
    7.5/10

Continuing my revisiting of the Rocky series. I have always really liked this one. Seeing it for the first time in the theater was a great shot of nostalgia for me and the movie still gives me the feels all this time later.

Burt Young as Paulie is probably the most underrated character in the whole series. He was great in this one, too.

I also liked Mason Dixon as the antagonist after Rocky took on villains in the previous three movies. Dixon wasnít a trash talker (Clubber), a drug cheat (Drago), or a spoiled brat (Gunn). He just wanted respect, went back to his roots like Rocky had done earlier in the series, and had his triumph in the end. I also like that they brought in a legitimate boxer again. Some of those shots by Dixon in the fight looked really good! Knowing Stallone as I do, he probably asked Dixon to tag him pretty good.