Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 297 of 374 FirstFirst ... 197247287295296297298299307347 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,455 of 5605
    Chappell’s new comedy special on Netflix - 8/10. Better than the other two he had last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Star Wars: The Last Jedi - 6.7/10

Was alright. Probably doesn't deserve the criticism it's gotten, but it's not that good either. Take away some of the corny jokes and heavy handed cultural messages and it's more enjoyable.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 01-01-2018 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Chappell’s new comedy special on Netflix - 8/10. Better than the other two he had last year.

Nice. Saw that on there and mistakenly thought it was the ones put out last year. New Chappelle is always fun.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Star Wars: The Last Jedi - 6.7/10

Was alright. Probably doesn't deserve the criticism it's gotten, but it's not that good either. Take away some of the corny jokes and heavy handed cultural messages and it's more enjoyable.

Probably doesn't deserve the universal praise it got from critics either though to be fair. The truth is probably somewhere in between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Probably doesn't deserve the universal praise it got from critics either though to be fair. The truth is probably somewhere in between the two.
    Oh definitely. It's just an okay movie.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    The Florida Project - 8/10

Poor people trying to survive living in low-end motels outside of Disney World. Honest, heartbreaking and raw film.

I love Willem Dafoe, but just don't see him winning Best Supporting Actor in this role. Don't get me wrong, he's good, but I've seen him better in his nominations for Platoon and Shadow of the Vampire and thought should have won for either.

The little 6 year girl, Brooklynn Prince, was excellent as well as Bria Vinaite, playing her struggling mother trying make ends meet are deserving in supporting roles. But, both are unknowns and don't see a win for either.
    Looking Great Ladies!

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    The Florida Project - 8/10

Poor people trying to survive living in low-end motels outside of Disney World. Honest, heartbreaking and raw film.

I love Willem Dafoe, but just don't see him winning Best Supporting Actor in this role. Don't get me wrong, he's good, but I've seen him better in his nominations for Platoon and Shadow of the Vampire and thought should have won for either.

The little 6 year girl, Brooklynn Prince, was excellent as well as Bria Vinaite, playing her struggling mother trying make ends meet are deserving in supporting roles. But, both are unknowns and don't see a win for either.
    I'd give it that as well.

I thought the individual performances were better than the actual film.

These Chappelle standups suck. I don't think he worked on this material at all. A lot of laughing at his own jokes.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by zn23 View Post
    I'd give it that as well.

I thought the individual performances were better than the actual film.
    Agree completely. That's why I gave it an 8/10.

That was a reality check film on poverty with great performances played out so naturally.
    Last edited by Paulie6986; 01-02-2018 at 01:32 AM.
    Looking Great Ladies!

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post

Those two weren’t any good. This one was solid from start to finish.

The Greatest.

The Mummy with Cruise and Crowe. Also that dude from Lets be cops was Cruises side kick. Also watched 6 below.

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    These Chappelle standups suck. I don't think he worked on this material at all. A lot of laughing at his own jokes.
    He has always laughed at his own jokes. Honestly I only watched the first of the new couple but I thought it was at least on par with For What It's Worth, if not slightly better, and better than each of the last pair. Really liked it.

I thought it was pretty darn good despite losing interest in a lot of the politically charged second half. So sick of hearing about Trump and Clinton in every ****ing aspect of life. That type of humor strikes me as cheap, played out, low hanging fruit.

Molly's Game - 8/10

I can see Chastain get an Oscar nom for this. Interested in reading the book now.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    He has always laughed at his own jokes. Honestly I only watched the first of the new couple but I thought it was at least on par with For What It's Worth, if not slightly better, and better than each of the last pair. Really liked it.
    No ****in way. That's an all time great special. This was ****.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella