Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 435 of 574
  1. #421
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    20,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    KG2TB not saying your wrong but what is the thought behind that? Edgar can take a shot. Conner will go for the home run and if he doesn't land Edgar will out work him. That's how I think that fight goes.
    Yeah, this is true. Edgar is tough as nails but I just think Conor has the most knockout power out of anyone he's faced. However, it is a dangerous matchup for Conor too because of Edgar's cardio, wrestling, and fight intelligence. I guess we'll have to wait and see that one though. I like Conor vs Diaz II but not this soon. If Conor loses two in a row, it really hurts. If he wins however, especially by knockout, then it's a huge win for him and the UFC.

  2. #422
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    39,216
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Yeah, this is true. Edgar is tough as nails but I just think Conor has the most knockout power out of anyone he's faced. However, it is a dangerous matchup for Conor too because of Edgar's cardio, wrestling, and fight intelligence. I guess we'll have to wait and see that one though. I like Conor vs Diaz II but not this soon. If Conor loses two in a row, it really hurts. If he wins however, especially by knockout, then it's a huge win for him and the UFC.
    Conor does have great power but I think that went to his head a little bit. He barely seemed ready or interested before and in this last fight. If he goes in to fights with a lack of training, hands down, just hoping to land one huge punch he will lose to other good fighters. Based on this last fight I would not even mess with a standup fight. Take him down over and over again. Make him prove he can defend takedowns and submissions for 3 rounds before even risking a standup fight.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite regardless of their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful, dishonest, or an extremist type poster I may not waste my time replying to you.

  3. #423
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    20,500
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    Conor does have great power but I think that went to his head a little bit. He barely seemed ready or interested before and in this last fight. If he goes in to fights with a lack of training, hands down, just hoping to land one huge punch he will lose to other good fighters. Based on this last fight I would not even mess with a standup fight. Take him down over and over again. Make him prove he can defend takedowns and submissions for 3 rounds before even risking a standup fight.
    Which fight, against Diaz? I think he was doing fine standing up, he just got over zealous and started throwing a barrage of bombs while having his hands low. He needs to pick his spots better, keep his hands up, and be prepared to go the distance and not rely on the knockout. A couple take down attempts would be good strategy to keep Diaz on his toes, but there's no way in hell he's going to submit Diaz, IMO.

    I also don't think it was a lack of training that led to the loss. I think the pressure got to him and it was new being such a heavy favorite. Nate was such the underdog that he was really playing with house money and Conor didn't fight an overall smart fight. But even still, was doing damage and winning the fight until he got tagged a few times and gave up his back. He's going to have to show Diaz more respect and not rely on his power as much.

  4. #424
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    39,216
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Which fight, against Diaz? I think he was doing fine standing up, he just got over zealous and started throwing a barrage of bombs while having his hands low. He needs to pick his spots better, keep his hands up, and be prepared to go the distance and not rely on the knockout. A couple take down attempts would be good strategy to keep Diaz on his toes, but there's no way in hell he's going to submit Diaz, IMO.

    I also don't think it was a lack of training that led to the loss. I think the pressure got to him and it was new being such a heavy favorite. Nate was such the underdog that he was really playing with house money and Conor didn't fight an overall smart fight. But even still, was doing damage and winning the fight until he got tagged a few times and gave up his back. He's going to have to show Diaz more respect and not rely on his power as much.
    Yes I was talking about the Diaz fight. I think Conor did fine on his feet but not great. He was looking to land one punch with very few combinations. He cut Nate but he did not totally hurt Nate. As you mentioned he was walking in to punches with his hands down. That is not smart. Meanwhile Nate who has not been a power puncher hurt Conor on his feet. I said in the week before the fight I did not think Conor was taking this fight seriously. I do not know why. Maybe since Aldo went down so easy he thought he could knock anyone out. I never thought he should have accepted the fight at 170. Even he fights Diaz again I would insist it was at 155 because I do not view Conor as a 170 pound fighter. Even before the bell rang Conor seemed to be putting on some facade. That is only my opinion. I could be totally wrong. It could have been the pressure as you mentioned. I do not know what it was but he did not seem prepared for a fight.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite regardless of their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful, dishonest, or an extremist type poster I may not waste my time replying to you.

  5. #425
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    2,240
    This is about a week or so old but I like a lot of you started watching MMA and really getting into right around TUF1 came out. Chris Leben was always a favorite of mine to watch. Dude was always fun to watch and had that anytime, anywhere mentality. I heard that he was going to try and make a comeback with Bellator and although he is past his prime and over the hill in fight years, I still got excited to see a guy who I watched years back try and make a comeback.

    I never thought he would make a run at a belt, start taking out big names, or even be overly competitive but after reading his first statement about his return, it seemed is if he had kicked the drugs/alcohol and was still working hard in the gym. Well just about a week ago I had seen that his contract wont be going through because he failed his pre fight physicals. Turns out he has some fairly serious heart issues and its threatening more that just his fight career. I will include a link with with an interview from SBN. Its a very interesting read if anyone has some time.

    http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/3/13...cally-my-heart
    Psalms 118:6 - The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?

    #SAVEDTHECREW
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  6. #426
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    39,216
    I'm sorry to hear about Chris Leben's heart issue but I'm glad he will not be fighting anymore. I do not like seeing older guys put their future health in danger by staying in this sport too long. Leben may not have been champion but he was a warrior in that ring.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite regardless of their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful, dishonest, or an extremist type poster I may not waste my time replying to you.

  7. #427
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Censored, WA
    Posts
    22,299
    Looks like the fight will be at 170 lbs

    Conor is said to want a rematch to prove it was a fluke.

  8. #428
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    20,500
    I like the fire and competitiveness from Conor. Wants to avenge the loss and get the bad taste out of his mouth. It will also be a huge money fight so that's obviously a factor that's played into it as well. Also, everyone said he should go back down to 145 and defend his belt, but imagine if he lost to Edgar and went on a 2 fight skid? If he loses to Diaz again, it won't be a huge shock. If he beats him, his stock will go soaring back up with him taking on the challenge head on and winning. They'll play up the fact that he wanted this fight when most fighters would have went back down, and he defeated the bigger man outside of his weight class. It's the smart play, IMO.

  9. #429
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    2,240
    I dont know if I feel the same way. If Diaz beats him again I think that would be horrible for Conor. It shows that 170 is completely out of the question for him and makes him look vulnerable IMO. He needs to defend his belt and worry about trying to hold two belts before he makes that 170 jump again.
    Psalms 118:6 - The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?

    #SAVEDTHECREW
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  10. #430
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    20,500
    Quote Originally Posted by McFlurry View Post
    I dont know if I feel the same way. If Diaz beats him again I think that would be horrible for Conor. It shows that 170 is completely out of the question for him and makes him look vulnerable IMO. He needs to defend his belt and worry about trying to hold two belts before he makes that 170 jump again.
    Certainly fair points McFlurry but I think if Conor loses again, they'll be able to play up the weight difference and Conor's fighting spirit to take on any and all challenges. Then he'll be able to back down and defend his belt. However, if he wins, the hype they'll be able to generate will be enormous and they could play up the fact that he beat a very tough fighter in a bigger weight class and didn't back down from the challenge when most other fighters would certainly play it safe. No matter the decision there's risk involved, but this decision provides the biggest upside while also minimizing the risk. I think most fans wouldn't be surprised if Conor lost to Diaz again, so a victory would be HUGE. However, if he went down to 145 and fought Aldo or Edgar, most fans would expect a victory. Losing at 145 would be a gigantic blow. The upside combined with the excuses of losing to Diaz at 170, outweight the upside and potential negatives of winning or losing at 145. Not to mention that McGregor vs Diaz is going to be a gigantic money maker.

  11. #431
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Earth is my turf
    Posts
    5,054

    MMA Quick Hits 9: The Steroid Era Begins?

    Not sure if I agree with another Conor vs Diaz fight. If it was a close decision fight then yes but one fighter forced the other to tap. Any employee other then Conor and this isn't even a thought. Either weight class that Conor decides the fight will be at I think Diaz wins if the fight goes to the ground. Looking at it through ufc goggles this would make money. At the end of the day a champ in one weight class is fighting twice outside his division should be forced to hand over the belt. If he loses twice how do you sell that your champ is a champ? I imagine the weight excuse would get played out.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

  12. #432
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    20,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    Not sure if I agree with another Conor vs Diaz fight. If it was a close decision fight then yes but one fighter forced the other to tap. Any employee other then Conor and this isn't even a thought. Either weight class that Conor decides the fight will be at I think Diaz wins if the fight goes to the ground. Looking at it through ufc goggles this would make money. At the end of the day a champ in one weight class is fighting twice outside his division should be forced to hand over the belt. If he loses twice how do you sell that your champ is a champ? I imagine the weight excuse would get played out.
    Definitely agree that only Conor would be allowed to do this. I still think with some pretty basic adjustments and strategy he could beat Diaz. Although, Diaz will have a full camp so we'll see how much better he looks too.

  13. #433
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Earth is my turf
    Posts
    5,054
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    Not sure if I agree with another Conor vs Diaz fight. If it was a close decision fight then yes but one fighter forced the other to tap. Any employee other then Conor and this isn't even a thought. Either weight class that Conor decides the fight will be at I think Diaz wins if the fight goes to the ground. Looking at it through ufc goggles this would make money. At the end of the day a champ in one weight class is fighting twice outside his division should be forced to hand over the belt. If he loses twice how do you sell that your champ is a champ? I imagine the weight excuse would get played out.
    Definitely agree that only Conor would be allowed to do this. I still think with some pretty basic adjustments and strategy he could beat Diaz. Although, Diaz will have a full camp so we'll see how much better he looks too.
    True anything can happen with a full camp. It also may get to Diaz head that he took Conor's best shot. He may be the big headed fighter.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

  14. #434
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    2,240
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    True anything can happen with a full camp. It also may get to Diaz head that he took Conor's best shot. He may be the big headed fighter.
    Thats a good point but I think Diaz goes into everyone of his fights about as cocky as you can get. This oen will be no different I just expect the crap talking from him to start earlier.
    Psalms 118:6 - The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?

    #SAVEDTHECREW
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  15. #435
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    39,216
    Win or lose I believe its a mistake making the fight at 170. I said the same thing before their first fight. Conor was a big 145 pounder. He would be okay at 155.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite regardless of their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful, dishonest, or an extremist type poster I may not waste my time replying to you.

Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •