Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    I agree that some of the luster has been lost but he could get it back with an impressive win over Aldo, Edgar, or RDA. He was winning the Diaz fight and made a crucial mistake on the ground that ended up costing him the fight and the aura of invincibility, which was completely unrealistic in the first place. He'll be back...
    I agree he could get some of it back but his thing was being this unstopable fighter. If he grabbed some first round knockouts and/or another belt then I think that would change how I see him but the circumstances in that loss was about as bad as it could get. You had a fighter in Nate who wasnt ranked inside the top 3 in his division, who was coming in on 2 weeks notice and had no sparring before the fight, and who was dominated by the champ who Conor was going to fight before the injury.

Also I agree Conor was winning the fight but he was gassing and honestly I think he was lucky it was a sub because if it went another round he was getting tagged hard enough to get put out. He had already been rocked and hit with some hard shots, his takedown was desperation and I feel like it was less of a mistake on his part and more his lack of skill on the ground<Nates JJ.
    Psalms 118:6 - The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?

#SAVEDTHECREW
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well yeah, Nate's JJ is no joke. He's a Gracie black belt. Conor actually has some pretty solid JJ himself but he's not on Nate's level.

Conor just needs to keep his damn hands up. He was fighting like he was still going against 145ers...

The loss clearly put a major dent in his persona and overall perception but he could definitely come back from it. Another win against Aldo or even a victory over Edgar will help a lot with that. I was surprised that he gassed so quickly though....I thought his cardio was very good and he liked to boast how he could go "all day." Well, that clearly wasn't the case. I would honestly like to see that fight again with Nate getting a full camp and Conor making some really basic adjustments and working on his cardio. He'll be back....but man, if he loses his next fight to Aldo or Edgar that would be a huge blow and pretty much kill any remaining hype. Nate choked most of the hype out, but there were still enough positives and angles for him to recover. A loss at 145 will really have Dana losing sleep.

Frankie Edgar just called out mcgregor on twitter and told dana and lorenzo as well as mcgregor to give the fans what they want. It should be edgar vs mcgregor and then aldo can get the winner.

Wonder what way they go with rdas next opponent, If ferguson can dominate his next fight he should get next shot but after diaz's last fight he'll prob get first shot

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewKent14 View Post
    Frankie Edgar just called out mcgregor on twitter and told dana and lorenzo as well as mcgregor to give the fans what they want. It should be edgar vs mcgregor and then aldo can get the winner.

Wonder what way they go with rdas next opponent, If ferguson can dominate his next fight he should get next shot but after diaz's last fight he'll prob get first shot
    Edgar deserves it but Aldo was the only featherweight champ forever so you could say he deserves a rematch just as much. I don't really have a preference. I'd be psyched for both matchups.

I'm glad Frankie is speaking out. He has done everything asked of him and more. I'd like Dana/UFC to treat Frankie better.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite regardless of their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful, dishonest, or an extremist type poster I may not waste my time replying to you.

MMA Quick Hits 9: The Steroid Era Begins?

I saw an article that McGregor wants to fight at ufc 200and it may be at 145lb. Edgar makes sense but we will see if Dana will let his boy fight Edgar.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Honestly, I think Conor would make short work of Edgar. Inside 2 rounds. Frankie deserves the fight, but I think Aldo has a better chance of beating him.

KG2TB not saying your wrong but what is the thought behind that? Edgar can take a shot. Conner will go for the home run and if he doesn't land Edgar will out work him. That's how I think that fight goes.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Anderson Silva vs. Uriah Hall @ UFC 198 in Brazil. Nice! Should be a good fight, I'll roll with Hall.

Looks like we will be getting mcgregor-Diaz II at ufc 200. Both fighters have verbally agreed per reports. That's disappointing. Mcgregor should be defending his belt. Seems unfair to everyone in that class especially Frankie

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Honestly, I think Conor would make short work of Edgar. Inside 2 rounds. Frankie deserves the fight, but I think Aldo has a better chance of beating him.
    how often has Edgar been finished? I realized Connor finished Aldo but we've seen Frankie take a beating and keep coming more then once.

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Looks like we will be getting mcgregor-Diaz II at ufc 200. Both fighters have verbally agreed per reports. That's disappointing. Mcgregor should be defending his belt. Seems unfair to everyone in that class especially Frankie
    As much as I like that fight I have to agree that it's unfair

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    how often has Edgar been finished? I realized Connor finished Aldo but we've seen Frankie take a beating and keep coming more then once.
    Frankie has never ever been stopped by KO or submission despite fighting some bigger guys. In fact some could argue that Frankie won against Benson Henderson (decision loss).

If Conor fights Nate again he better take the fight much more seriously. That goes for training and the fight itself. Nate is a good fighter. Conor never looked serious regarding that fight inside or outside the cage.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite regardless of their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful, dishonest, or an extremist type poster I may not waste my time replying to you.

Huge risk for Conor but I think he's more than capable of winning. What weight are they fighting at?

Connor should have to defend his belt first against edgar

Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast