Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    wait, so you said all that to ultimately agree with me?
    The fact that we improved this offseason - yes.

Swinging for the fences, you seem to think yes.

I am saying no.

Obviously it takes two to tango when talking about trades. I've listened to several guys on Sirius / XM regarding CP3 - yes, they don't know everything - but the general consensus on Paul is OKC would like to trade him sooner than later and are looking for expirings and some help. A couple have even said OKC would attach a pick to get rid of the contract

The main thing is, are we better with CP3 replacing Reggie, Snell & Galloway? Yes. Is the money worth it? Probably. Reggie - if we don't resign him next summer - will cost us to get a PG to have a mini big 3 with Dre, Blake and ___?

If Durant had not gotten hurt and stayed with GS and if Kawhi had signed with the Lakers, I would advise against making the trade for CP3. But with him, and with who we have, we have a puncher's chance of ECF and from there, who knows.

And when Durant comes back next season - assuming he can play at a high level - our current make up puts us behind the Nets, or at best, on par.

The signings we have done make us better, but Snell was a gift from Mil and I'm not sold on Morris.

Quote Originally Posted by markbutter View Post
    The fact that we improved this offseason - yes.

Swinging for the fences, you seem to think yes.

I am saying no.
    It's important to point out that this team probably won't be good enough to win it all with or without CP3, so my definition of "swinging for the fences" isn't defined by whether or not I think we can win it all, it's predicated on what Gores and management feel will make us better.

If we're not giving in, then we're going all in

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    It's important to point out that this team probably won't be good enough to win it all with or without CP3, so my definition of "swinging for the fences" isn't defined by whether or not I think we can win it all, it's predicated on what Gores and management feel will make us better.

If we're not giving in, then we're going all in

"If we're not giving in, then we're going all in" So IOW, you're happy with the participation trophy. I'm not.

We have an opportunity - very small, because two/tango - to trade Reggie, Snell & Galloway for CP3. You seem to think that we would not be improved. Because using your definition "not giving in, we're all in" would not apply. Because if it does, then you either agree with the trade (i.e., it makes us better) or you don't agree with the trade (because not giving in is going all in - i.e., it wouldn't make us better).

Which one is it?

Quote Originally Posted by markbutter View Post
    "If we're not giving in, then we're going all in" So IOW, you're happy with the participation trophy. I'm not.

We have an opportunity - very small, because two/tango - to trade Reggie, Snell & Galloway for CP3. You seem to think that we would not be improved. Because using your definition "not giving in, we're all in" would not apply. Because if it does, then you either agree with the trade (i.e., it makes us better) or you don't agree with the trade (because not giving in is going all in - i.e., it wouldn't make us better).

Which one is it?
    yeah we're not communicating very well, you are once again taking my interpretation of management's moves as my personal beliefs. I'm not saying I'm personally happy with a "participation trophy", I'm saying that Gores and company are sticking to their guns with this roster under the idea that adding CP3 could push the team over the top. I don't personally believe that will be the case, but the team doesn't want to cede at this point, they added Rose, Morris, Snell, and would consider CP3 because THEY feel that's enough to go for it. I don't know if that'll be a good enough roster, even in the east, to compete.
    Last edited by GuySir; Yesterday at 10:39 PM.

Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253