Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Pistons trade away Reggie B for pennies

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...reggie-bullock

I actually recognize this dude from Kansas we're getting back but who knows if we actually plan to retain him.

Kinda bummed tbh
    There was a part of me that was hoping we could get a late 1st. Sold cheap but he is walking anyways so at least we got a return. I am more concerned about this leading to something else.

we traded Stanley for Thon Maker. can't believe we got him tbh, Stanley is awful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnED...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    we traded Stanley for Thon Maker. can't believe we got him tbh, Stanley is awful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnED...ature=youtu.be
    not bad at all, swap of busts who still have upside

Detroit went from a team that was $482K below the tax to currently $2.6M with the acquisition of Svi Mykhailiuk and now Thon Maker. The trade with the Lakers for Mykhailiuk allowed Detroit to pursue Maker and stay below the tax. Maker has a $2.8M cap hit this season and $3.6M in 2019-20. He will become a restricted free agent in 2020.
    makes sense

Good trades - both.

Reggie would have been unsignable due to the amount of money he will command this summer. 3-n-D guy, he'll get minimum 5M and probably closer to 7-8M. Stanlslav (whatever) is a cheap contract and if we don't do anything else, he can be waived in the summer.

Stanley was due a 5.4M (iirc) qualifying offer or else he'd be an UFA. So, he signs our qualifier and blows up, we wouldn't be able to resign him. I thin Maker can be a better shooter and offensive threat than Stanley and with his length, an overall better defender on more people.

At the end of the day, cheaper contracts now and going forward with the ability to still do something today.

Quote Originally Posted by markbutter View Post
    Good trades - both.

Reggie would have been unsignable due to the amount of money he will command this summer. 3-n-D guy, he'll get minimum 5M and probably closer to 7-8M. Stanlslav (whatever) is a cheap contract and if we don't do anything else, he can be waived in the summer.

Stanley was due a 5.4M (iirc) qualifying offer or else he'd be an UFA. So, he signs our qualifier and blows up, we wouldn't be able to resign him. I thin Maker can be a better shooter and offensive threat than Stanley and with his length, an overall better defender on more people.

At the end of the day, cheaper contracts now and going forward with the ability to still do something today.
    I am just as thrilled that they didn't piss away their 1st rd pick on a 30 something. Wish we could have hocked Zaza, Ish, and/or Calderon but oh well.

Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152