Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The best possible 1st Round (West Coast only plz)

1v8 GSW vs OKC - You know we all want to see this

2v7 MEM VS LAC - Intense rivalry, would have great build up and contrast in styles

3v6 POR VS HOU - Rematch

4V5 SAS VS DAL - Always classics

I understand if some of these are played out but I like having a chance for legit rivalries to spring to life.

You answered your own thread.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Only 3 teams out of those are on the west coast.

I want to see Portland VS GSW or OKC for the point guard match ups.

GSW vs Phoenix would be the fastest paced game in first round history lol.

I want Dallas vs Houston because of the debates that were going in here about who would be better.

LAC vs GSW. Best rivalry in the league. Great match ups. Clippers need to fall to 8th seed though haha.

I really don't care who Houston faces as long as Howard gets back healthy. I do think they match up really well with the Spurs, but I'd really like their chances against Dallas. Portland scares me a little and the Clippers scare me a lot.

Dallas would probably be the ideal matchup. Not only does Dallas probably give Houston the best chance to advance, but I would LOVE to see the Rockets beat the Mavericks in the playoffs. Dallas handed Houston an embarrassing first round defeat in that devastating Game 7 a few years back, and given all that has happened in the last year with Parsons jumping ship and Cuban and Morey going after each other in the media, a win in that series would be all the sweeter.

Also, for those people who don't know, the citizens of Dallas and the citizens of Houston don't really like each other very much. There's animosity between sports fans of those cities that spills over into pretty much anything that's competitive. So any opportunity there is for the two cities to face off against each other in the postseason means really, really high drama if you're from Texas.

I'm more interested in the second round.

I would like to see the Clips and Houston move up a seed with Dallas and Portland falling. Setting us up for a second round with GSW - LAC and if Mavs can somehow upset Memphis (unlikely). You could have Mavs - Houston.

Two big rivalry games

For me, I'm good with any of the possible matchups as long as this team is healthy, though would not mind, not seeing OKC.

But I agree with the OP's matchups to see, however I wouldn't mind seeing Hou-Dal first round either.

I'm a fan of players, not teams, so watching Tim Duncan go against Dirk Nowitzki is bitter sweet. I love it because I love this game and I get to see two legends go at it, but it breaks my heart knowing only one of them will advance.

I, like others have said, would much rather see the Rockets and Mavericks play. The rockets have won the regular season games (they were really competitive), but for some reason, I still give the edge to Dallas. Either way, it would be one hell of a series. Harden will blow up for 30 almost every game (if not every game).

I would love for the Spurs to face GSW in the first round. Curry winning MVP and GSW having the best team record in the NBA, only to be eliminated in the first round by the Spurs would make me think of 2007 Mavericks vs GSW.
    Last edited by Redrum187; 02-17-2015 at 12:36 PM.

I dont want OKC vs GS in round one. they're two of the best four teams in the conference, I'd rather see than in the second round or in the WCF. im happy so long as I see OKC, Memphis, SAS and GSW avoid eachother in round one. I think the other four teams (Houston, Dallas, Portland LAC) are the four teams I dont need to see in round two, although Dallas might be very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    I would love for the Spurs to face GSW in the first round. Curry winning MVP and GSW having the best team record in the NBA, only to be eliminated in the first round by the Spurs would make me think of 2007 Mavericks vs GSW.
    I keep worrying that we're going to end up like this, Memphis and SAS are our biggest threats imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    I keep worrying that we're going to end up like this, Memphis and SAS are our biggest threats imo.
    Don't worry, highly doubt SA or Mem will be the 8th seed

I thought last year would be the last time we saw Timmy and Dirk square off. I would love to see it again.

You pretty much hit the nail on the freakin' head. Drool worthy first round right there.

Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    Don't worry, highly doubt SA or Mem will be the 8th seed
    it was looking like S.A might have been early on. Not since Leonard came back though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    I dont want OKC vs GS in round one. they're two of the best four teams in the conference, I'd rather see than in the second round or in the WCF. im happy so long as I see OKC, Memphis, SAS and GSW avoid eachother in round one. I think the other four teams (Houston, Dallas, Portland LAC) are the four teams I dont need to see in round two, although Dallas might be very interesting.
    Younger me would agree with u. But really, wouldn't you be more satisfied with more intriguing series than worry about a somewhat arbitrary round in which you finally get to see them compete? And to be clear, the thread is about the best 1st round , not second
    Like if these2 teams are gonna meet anyways, is it really worth it lose out on more intriguing matchups? Why does it matter when they face?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast