Montana isnít the goat though.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Not with garapolo now in the picture.
    Was thinking more of Peyton or someone else but ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    I donít even think Montana is the second best qb anymore to be honest

I felt that way for a while TBH, but Rice admitting to using stickum a few years ago really tarnished both of their legacies for me.

When Montana himself calls Brady the GOAT it's an easy choice

I know football is a team game but 7 super bowl wins is just f-ing bonkers. We should never forget just how insane that is. Next highest is 4. Not to go math on everyone but heís damn near double that good god

Pretty sure Montana didn't french his kids so he gets my vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I know football is a team game but 7 super bowl wins is just f-ing bonkers. We should never forget just how insane that is. Next highest is 4. Not to go math on everyone but heís damn near double that good god
    #QuickMaffs

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I felt that way for a while TBH, but Rice admitting to using stickum a few years ago really tarnished both of their legacies for me.
    Montana won a Super Bowl before Rice.

Plus every team cheats or manipulate the rules. Are we going to take away Elway's Super Bowls because DEN cheated the cap? Is Peyton a lesser quarterback because Polian used his position in the competition committee to benefit Peyton?

Quote Originally Posted by d.m.g. View Post

Plus every team cheats or manipulate the rules. Are we going to take away Elway's Super Bowls because DEN cheated the cap? Is Peyton a lesser quarterback because Polian used his position in the competition committee to benefit Peyton?
    Polian will forever be a ***** and I canít stand his smug *** face for that stuff, but calling it cheating is a stretch lol

I'm aware. But how much of his legacy is tied to the production he and Rice had? He physically cheated with a sticky agent that literally made it easier to play the game. That's a bit different than the cap space or rule change "cheating".

Joe Montana actually won 2 Super Bowls before Jerry Rice.

If Rice's stickum tarnished Montana's legacy, then we shouldn't even be discussing Brady as GOAT considering the cheating around him over the years...

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Joe Montana actually won 2 Super Bowls before Jerry Rice.

If Rice's stickum tarnished Montana's legacy, then we shouldn't even be discussing Brady as GOAT considering the cheating around him over the years...
    You say that like some people don't hold that against him. A sticking adhesive is a lot different from half a PSI in a football (which was pretty ticky tacky tbh) or Spygate which was legal a couple seasons before they got busted. Montana played in an uncapped league when spying on team signals was legal and the NFL had no protocol for measuring the balls on game day... AND played with receiver (s?) who cheated in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    You say that like some people don't hold that against him. A sticking adhesive is a lot different from half a PSI in a football (which was pretty ticky tacky tbh) or Spygate which was legal a couple seasons before they got busted. Montana played in an uncapped league when spying on team signals was legal and the NFL had no protocol for measuring the balls on game day... AND played with receiver (s?) who cheated in the game?
    So brady cheats 57 times and its ok. Montana's receivers used stick em, basically the same as the gloves WR wear today, and he gets discredited?. Lets see how many 1 handed catches are made without those special gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by Nunuu View Post
    So brady cheats 57 times and its ok. Montana's receivers used stick em, basically the same as the gloves WR wear today, and he gets discredited?. Lets see how many 1 handed catches are made without those special gloves.
    57 times? At most it was two and it was pretty dumb on both. Since the year they got caught for spy gate they were a helmet catch away from going 16-0 and the year of deflate gate they won the super bowl. And heís also won four Super Bowls since deflate gate.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast