24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tom Brady

14 58.33%
  • Joe Montana

10 41.67%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Brady v Montana

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I'm just having fun with the different standards for truth. If Jerry Rice really thought he had such an unfair advantage, why would he even mention it? Plus, we don't know to what extent he even did it or if it was more egregious compared to other players, some of who have admitted to it as well.
    Stick 'em was outlawed 3 years before Rice was drafted. The only reason Rice mentioned it is because he's a moron. I recall the interview; it wasn't asked about by the interviewer, Rice just offered it up the fact that he'd used stick em his entire career. Honestly don't think he knew it was illegal. And I guess no one...throughout all his stops...bothered to bring it to his attention.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I think knowing the opposing teams plays is far more beneficial to your chances of winning than a solitary receiver wearing stickum.
    That’s very much an exaggeration of spygate. If they knew the other teams plays they’d barely give up a point.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    That’s very much an exaggeration of spygate. If they knew the other teams plays they’d barely give up a point.
    Spygate aside, I don't think that knowing the offense's play is that much of an advantage. It is an advantage for sure but most modern plays have options so that if a defense sold out to stop one option it opens up the play elsewhere. Many teams' run game consists almost entirely of inside and outside zone, too.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    According to a former Patriots coach, they were taping team's signals all the way back to the Rams Superbowl. Goodell destroyed the evidence, generally you don't do that if the evidence isn't as bad as what people are saying is on them.

But I realize we will probably never see eye to eye on the breadth and severity of spygate.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Spygate aside, I don't think that knowing the offense's play is that much of an advantage. It is an advantage for sure but most modern plays have options so that if a defense sold out to stop one option it opens up the play elsewhere. Many teams' run game consists almost entirely of inside and outside zone, too.
    It's a massive advantage. When Mike Leach was the Offensive Coordinator at Oklahoma he pretended to drop his play sheet so Texas' coaches would grab it. Leach then ran the opposite play concepts and Oklahoma got out to a 17-0 lead in the first 10 minutes before Texas realized it was a fake. Texas outscored Oklahoma 38-11 after they figured out the ruse.

It's actually an amazing story and feint by Leach. But yeah, knowing your opponents plays is huge. Even knowing your opponents calls is a huge advantage. Just ask the 2002 Tampa Bay Buccanneers:

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports...-bowl-2070998/

Heck, even Madden knows it's an advantage, that's why you can hide your play call from your opponent lol
    Last edited by valade16; 04-14-2021 at 07:26 PM.

According to a former Patriots coach, they were taping team's signals all the way back to the Rams Superbowl. Goodell destroyed the evidence, generally you don't do that if the evidence isn't as bad as what people are saying is on them.

But I realize we will probably never see eye to eye on the breadth and severity of spygate.
    What coach? And post a link. I've never, ever heard this before.

Quote Originally Posted by rc33 View Post
    No one has said it. If so we would know up here in Boston felger would of done three years on the subject.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apologies, it wasn’t a coach it was an employee. Matt Walsh. He provided additional tapes (not of the Rams SB walkthrough) but the NFL said they were aware of those instances.

Apologies, it wasn’t a coach it was an employee. Matt Walsh. He provided additional tapes (not of the Rams SB walkthrough) but the NFL said they were aware of those instances.
    Found out to be a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    Found out to be a lie.
    That is incorrect. He literally provided tapes that the NFL admitted were legitimate.

That is incorrect. He literally provided tapes that the NFL admitted were legitimate.
    Keep reaching

https://nypost.com/2008/05/14/walsh-...-show-nothing/

So what else ya got?

So what else ya got?
    You know it’s a big cover up to protect Brady even through they went on to suspend him for the dumbest reason years later.

Quote Originally Posted by bledrules View Post
    That's what Goodell said, who also punished Brady and the Pats for Deflategate, which according to Pats fan was a sham. So how can we trust Goodell's judgement in one case but not the other?

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    You know it’s a big cover up to protect Brady even through they went on to suspend him for the dumbest reason years later.
    Yep, it's not like the NFL ever tried to keep something a secret that called into question the integrity of the league. They were very forthcoming about CTE and volunteered to pay millions for ex-players' healthcare.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast