Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Seattle Mariners Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
    Enjoy them while can. I have a feeling that Mariners are slowly phasing out teal. The ugly new cream uniforms were telegraphed over two years ago from the Ebbets Field Flannels facebook post, the King's Court utilizes the old color scheme, the dropping of teal from Monday games, it's not the early nineties anymore. It's one of the things we can look forward to. Now, if you're only 19, you have existed knowing only teal, that's too bad.
    It's also not the 80s anymore, so there goes the argument for the blue and yellow, using your logic.

I don't think they would have switched up the regular uniform lettering if they were just going to make a full switch a year later.

Seattle4Ever Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian. View Post
    I can't stand the teal. It's ****ing hideous.
    Really? Hm.

It's not like it's the Seahawks' neon jerseys. I like them. And we only wear them once or twice a week. My dad isn't a fan either so maybe it's an old guy thing

I'm glad they finally made some changes. Our navy jerseys suck and our jerseys are kind of boring. I think it's time to totally revamp them but that's just me. The Seahawks were lucky that they made cool ones. I don't want the M's jerseys to end up like the Bucs.

I do know that I'm going against popular opinion when I say this: I looooove te sleeveless jerseys from the 90's. Maybe it's just from the pictures I see of Griffey dropping his bat after swatting a dinger in them. In fact, that's probably it.

Seattle4Ever Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    I don't think they would have switched up the regular uniform lettering if they were just going to make a full switch a year later.
    This

Bring back the sleeveless... Pretty soon we'll have one uni for each day of the week!

"King Felix has hurled more mega quality starts since 2010 than 14 entire MLB teams."
    http://dynamik-farr.deviantart.com/

Thursday marked the 15th anniversary of the Kingdome's implosion. We're still awaiting for the suits to bring back the USS Mariner ship and install in the landing in left-center field at Safeco.

so i thought was a great ST turned horrific with the passing of victor sanchez. not fair and devastating.

5th opening day without the greatest of all time, Dave Niehaus. It never gets easy.

Ken Griffey Jr. hit his first career home run 26 years ago today, on his father's 39th birthday!

Nevermind. Misread a tweet.
    Last edited by Phantom Dreamer; 04-17-2015 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Dreamer:29832984
    So the Mariners are tarping the RF upper deck at Safeco? This is the first time I'm hearing this.
    Nevermind, misread someone's tweet.

The teal is ****ing awesome! **** all haters of teal!

Is Franklin Gutierrez a diva? I read that he refused to line up for player introductions during Tacoma's home opener.

Quote Originally Posted by tmacsc2:29833206
    The teal is ****ing awesome! **** all haters of teal!
    It sucked in 1994, it sucks now, it's embarrassing actually. While we are at it, the Mariners have awful uniforms. They tweaked the tired 1993 look and will debut the completely nonsensical cream Sunday alternates tomorrow. They had a chance to take the lead and blaze trails and set trends, to make the sport of baseball look good for the first time in over a generation, instead they opted for more of the same tired crap every other team does. Yawn. Between the Mariners' aesthetics and their bad start, it's a dark time for the Mariners franchise.

Seattle Mariners Thread

A dark time because you don't like their jerseys priorities, huh?

This is, on paper, the best team the Ms have had in like 10+ years. It's not a dark time at all. If 10 games and a color scheme are at the top of your list in terms of importance, maybe the game is baseball isn't for you.

Well, today is the day we have been dreading since the announcement was made on January 23. I feel like the Mariners have set baseball back 60-70 years and it's not a good feeling. They simply combined the worst 2 eras in Mariners history (1987-92, 1993-2014) to make an alternate, and a cream one at that, we wanted something entirely different. It's a punch to the gut, no question about it.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast