Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 75 of 77 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1143
    Quote Originally Posted by whitekimbo View Post
    - Roto

Our D-line is unreal
    I agree this was a nice move. We will be able to spell Suh a lot more than DET was able to do the last 5 years. We have a lot of beef at DT now. Plus our 3rd and short defense and goal line defense should be absolutely destructive.

Now, if only an OG can come into the fold somehow . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    I agree this was a nice move. We will be able to spell Suh a lot more than DET was able to do the last 5 years. We have a lot of beef at DT now. Plus our 3rd and short defense and goal line defense should be absolutely destructive.

Trade a 7th and Mathews for Mathis

Quote Originally Posted by oconn444 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post

Trade a 7th and Mathews for Mathis
    I've given up on the Mathis idea. He's making solid money and wants more. Not worth it to pay him $8mil+ when he's in his 30s and it's not guarantee he'll beast and it was just Chip's system

Saw this in the main forum. PFF ranks us the 23rd rated roster in the NFL in 2015. Really? Browns top 15? Baltimore #3? Wow, kind of laughable.

(2014 in brackets)

1. Seattle Seahawks (1)
    2. Green Bay Packers (8)
    3. Baltimore Ravens (16)
    4. New England Patriots (6)
    5. Denver Broncos (3)
    6. Philadelphia Eagles (5)
    7. Detroit Lions (11)
    8. Minnesota Vikings (29)
    9. Cincinnati Bengals (7)
    10. New Orleans Saints (4)
    11. Dallas Cowboys (18)
    12. Pittsburgh Steelers (27)
    13. Indianapolis Colts (12)
    14. Cleveland Browns (24)
    15. Buffalo Bills (20)
    16. Carolina Panthers (22)
    17. San Francisco 49ers (2)
    18. San Diego Chargers (14)
    19. Kansas City Chiefs (10)
    20. New York Giants (19)
    21. New York Jets (23)
    22. St. Louis Rams (31)
    23. Miami Dolphins (13)
    24. Arizona Cardinals (9)
    25. Chicago Bears (15)
    26. Houston Texans (25)
    27. Washington Redskins (26)
    28. Oakland Raiders (28)
    29. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (17)
    30. Tennessee Titans (21)
    31. Atlanta Falcons (30)
    32. Jacksonville Jaguars (32)

Also, another interesting note, for anyone worried about our RB position . . . here is a portion of an article on Lamar Miller, which I thought was very interesting.

"Miller finished the 2014 season with 1,099 rushing yards, which ranked 10th in the NFL. But Miller accomplished that feat with an average of 13.5 rushing attempts per game, the lowest total among the 13 1,000-yard rushers around the league last season. It also was the lowest total for any of the 13 1,000-yard rushing performances in Dolphins history.

Miller averaged 5.09 yards per carry, which was the second-highest figure among all 1,000-yard rushers around the NFL, behind only the 5.36 turned in by Baltimoreís Justin Forsett.

Also, Miller produced first downs with 26.4 of his rushes, second again among 1,000-yard rushers in the NFL (Cincinnatiís Jeremy Hill had a 27.5 percent figure).

Lastly, thereís the stat about Millerís work on third-and-1, which is illuminating considering Head Coach Joe Philbin was asked after the OTA practice Monday about those exact situations being difficult for Miller.

Well, as it turned out, Miller was 9-for-11 in third-and-1 runs when it came to producing first downs. That 81.8 success rate happened to be first in the AFC among players with at least eight third-and-1 rushing attempts and third in the entire league behind only Seattle running back Marshawn Lynch (92.3) and Carolina quarterback Cam Newton (90.9)." - Miami Dolphins website

Eagles just released Evan Mathis.

Not sure if we will take a look or not, his agent before said we showed no intrest in a trade. Now as a FA we might.

2015 Miami Dolphins Offseason

Adding to Wrench's post:

Eagles released LG Evan Mathis.
    This has been a long time coming for Mathis, who quickly wore out his welcome under my-way-or-the-highway coach Chip Kelly. Mathis had been skipping voluntary workouts the past couple seasons in hopes of a trade or raise from the Eagles. Due a $5.5 million salary this season, Mathis wanted more entering his age-34 season. Now hitting the market at this stage of the year, Mathis would do well to make half that in 2015. The Dolphins, Patriots, and Rams have all reportedly expressed some level of interest in Mathis at times over the previous couple months. When on the field, Mathis is still one of the best guards in the league.

He will be the oldest starting OG in the league and will probably want close to his 5.5m he was due.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    He will be the oldest starting OG in the league and will probably want close to his 5.5m he was due.
    Roto says he'll be lucky to make half that...if true, offer him 2yr 5/6mil deal and see where it goes

Phons have the money. If they WANT him, they have a GREAT shot of landing him. Do they want him is the question

Quote Originally Posted by limebalz05 View Post
    Phons have the money. If they WANT him, they have a GREAT shot of landing him. Do they want him is the question

I would hope so, 2 question marks at Guard. At least he's a proven veteran.

Football is won in the trenches I really hope we sign Mathis. Word is he is willing to negotiate a performance based contract. I'm more than willing to give him his 6 million if he plays like an all pro

We have the money this season, next season we have none. Thats where the issue is.

Evan Mathis was a Dolphin not too long ago, we released him in like 2009. Then he bounced around Cincy and somewhere else and ended up in Philly in 2011 about and took off. Two things about that.
    Age and scheme. Guards are one of those guys that can develop with age. A QB isn't suddenly going to go from middle of the pack to great out of nowhere, neither is a WR or CB. Fluke type seasons yes (cough cough Wheeler with Raiders then Mr. Ireland threw a ton of cash at him), but go from mediocre to ranking top 2 for FOUR years running like Mathis has on PFF? That can only really happen with a guard or center in my opinion. What I'm trying to say, we need to have more patience with Thomas, Douglas and Turner.

Also, scheme. That's why guys like Blalock who was ranked 26th by PFF, suddenly retires. Because only teams who have power blocking schemes would have considered him and they didn't like what they saw on film. And yes Mathis was the best ranked Guard from 2011-2013 and 2nd best in 2014. He was making 5.5 this year and 6 next year and held out. You really think he's going to take anything less than 2/3 years at 7M each year? No. And if he wasn't worth 6M to the Eagles is he worth 7-8M to the Fins?

And let's not forget something else. Mathis is far and away the most atheletic and elite run blocking guard in the league, he ran away with it according to PFF. He was great but not elite at pass blocking. The fins were 2nd in the league last year when it came to YPC. Meaning we didn't really have trouble running the ball and our o-line should be better this year. We got Suh because he's a beast vs the run and we needed run help and everything else he does. We don't really need what Mathis does best. Would he be an upgrade? Absolutely. No freakin' doubt I'd love to have him right away. I just think the cost is too high.

We're already over the projected cap for next year. We would need to give him alot of money. If we sign Mathis, say goodbye to Lamar, Vernon, Shelby (no chance we resign any of those guys) not to mention we'll have to restructure or cut guys like jennings, mitchell, grimes or wake just to get under the cap, not to mention we'll need to sign a few cheaper options. So yea. I want him in theory. But in practicality I'm against the signing.
    BRUH

Cam Wake was #39 (2nd best 4-3 DE) & Brent Grimes was #38 (5th best CB) in NFL's top 100 players of 2015. I'm assuming Suh will be top 10 if not top 5. That's 3 players on our D in the top 40