Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Arlington, Texas - Home of the Cowboys and Rangers

Can we just all take a moment...

To thank whatever lord you happen to pray to that we didn't sign Deron Williams a couple years ago?

He gets paid like a top 5 player in the league and isn't even a top 15 PG anymore.

We wouldn't have Monta Ellis, we wouldn't have Chandler Parsons... we probably wouldn't have Tyson Chandler either because it was Jose Calderon, the PG we eventually signed after losing out on Deron Williams, that we traded for Tyson Chandler.

Signing him to that huge max offer would of crippled our franchise. THANK YOU BASKETBALL GODS.

sucks to be Dwill but you definitely dodged a bullet there.

I honestly don't think he would be as bad as he is now had he signed with Dallas instead of Brooklyn. The team would definitely look a lot different but they would still be in position to contend.

I am glad we didn't end up with a "super star" looking back. The only one we were in the running for who is worth the money he gets is CP3. Having 5-6 really good players as opposed to just 2-3 is the way to go for me. I like what Cuban and Donnie were able to do with the cap space we had.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

yeah you maybe right but who knows how it would be right know with him in a good system and a great coach ?!?!?!?!?!?

but guys don't think in the past, look into the future !

Andrew Graham:
    "Dallas not a playoff team?? Dirk, Dwight and 13 Adam Morrisons would make the playoffs. "

RUN DMC Baby

I'm not going to lie, I was disappointed when he tweeted a picture of the nets logo when he choose his team..

yeah i'm with you , i wanted him so bad on our team to build something new..

Andrew Graham:
    "Dallas not a playoff team?? Dirk, Dwight and 13 Adam Morrisons would make the playoffs. "

RUN DMC Baby

I think one of the biggest needs of the Mavs this offseason is a starting 5 who can defend bigger 5's in the league and be an athletic rim runner. The model for this might be a Capela type or someone like Jarrett Allen. So someone with size, with the ability to block shots, who can be a good rebounder and who can hold their own defending against the bigger 5's in the league like Embiid, Nurkic, Boogie, and AD. All the popular 5's that I have seen discussed in this thread have potential issues. They're either too slow to be a rim runner (Vucevic, Boogie, Lopez) or they have questionable defense (Cauley-Stein, Vucevic) or they don't block shots and offer much rim protection (Maxi, Powell, and all names mentioned above except for Lopez). With the Mavs (I think/hope) planning on spending money on wings and guards this offseason, I would think the idea for the starting 5 is a cheaper player who can give 20-25 minutes a night, who is either young and has upside, or older and is established (think Ed Davis).downloader.vip/ccleaner www.happywheels.vip vlc.onl
    Last edited by kdadajis; 03-08-2019 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kdadajis View Post
    I think one of the biggest needs of the Mavs this offseason is a starting 5 who can defend bigger 5's in the league and be an athletic rim runner. The model for this might be a Capela type or someone like Jarrett Allen. So someone with size, with the ability to block shots, who can be a good rebounder and who can hold their own defending against the bigger 5's in the league like Embiid, Nurkic, Boogie, and AD. All the popular 5's that I have seen discussed in this thread have potential issues. They're either too slow to be a rim runner (Vucevic, Boogie, Lopez) or they have questionable defense (Cauley-Stein, Vucevic) or they don't block shots and offer much rim protection (Maxi, Powell, and all names mentioned above except for Lopez). With the Mavs (I think/hope) planning on spending money on wings and guards this offseason, I would think the idea for the starting 5 is a cheaper player who can give 20-25 minutes a night, who is either young and has upside, or older and is established (think Ed Davis).
    I would agree that, that is the type of 5 they need. Personally I like Cauley-Stein and think his defense is really not bad. His problem is that the Kings have a really young front court (and team overall) so he tends to get caught out if position with no help behind him. Also the problem with WCS is that heís a RFA. So the Mavs would have to over pay to get him and Iím not on board with that at all. Itís going to be interesting to see what they do because they are in serious need of help on the boards.