Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    That's what I hope for, but I doubt it happens. They still like Willie, and I think if he is healthy he is on the team. Which is tremendously dumb.

I think they cut WFB. try super hard to unload him all spring on some team that needs depth or has an injury. With Weeks here in think will will be out soon.

I'd like to think so, but everything seems to point to the loser going to AAA to play everyday and that Willie is healthy enough to play.

Quote Originally Posted by jej:29703568
    I'd like to think so, but everything seems to point to the loser going to AAA to play everyday and that Willie is healthy enough to play.
    I think that's what McClendon has hinted at.

cool correia signing. even tho he's been awful majority of his career its about the best you can do for a ML deal and now seems like we are pretty long in SP and about as prepared as a team can be if SPs go down.

i got to watch that lefty olson yesterday, impressive, drops down some in his delivery. made brantley look pretty silly. i could see him being an affective left on left guy sooner rather than later.

Yeah, he has been impressive. I think there is an outside shot he gets the nod for the 2nd lefty. I wouldn't expect it, but I don't think it would be crazy either.

If Elais and Walker keep pitching like this. Happ should be the second lefty in the pen

Pitching like what? Elias got rocked today according to the current box score. Leone may have just lost his bullpen spot too. Jesus. 6 runs, 5 ER, in 1/3 of an inning.

Still early. But Walker has been sharp and i dont know what Elias did today but he was fine in his first start. Spring stats are hard to keep track of. box scores seem to come and go

Brad Miller wins the shortstop competition. Ironic, consideriing he was featured in the Mariners' promo for their 2014 TBTC game wearing a "1979" Mariners uniform with the "unlucky" trident. Suits, grow the game, grow the brand, the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
    Brad Miller wins the shortstop competition. Ironic, consideriing he was featured in the Mariners' promo for their 2014 TBTC game wearing a "1979" Mariners uniform with the "unlucky" trident. Suits, grow the game, grow the brand, the right way.
    Sucks to end it that way. That battle was just getting good!

Amazing that Taylor had a base hit with a broken wrist.

Wild and crazy prediction: Taylor gets healthy, tears up AAA for a couple months, during which time Miller gets his chance and fails again to impress with any consistency, and Taylor gets the call up to compete for the SS job again, wins it, and never looks back. What do you think jej, you willing to bet against that?

Its one thing to like a guy's upside, its another thing to have faith that he'll actually realize said upside. There's no question Miller has some nice upside, but I can't help but feel like he's more Justin Smoak than Kyle Seager, when it comes to tapping into his upside. Taylor on the other hand reminds me a lot of Seager. Its a personal opinion, and its based solely on my observations of them in the field and at the plate, the stats I read now, as well as the stats as they accumulated through the years (I check up on multiple Mariners minor league players every week), allowing some insight into consistency and growth. I was one of the only people singing Seager's song when he came up, and was definitely one of the loudest. I'm not afraid to hang my hat on Taylor having a better chance at success than Miller, even if Miller might have more upside in a few areas. We all know upside rarely actually equates into consistency and overall success. I think Taylor has what it takes, and I'm really not yet sold that Miller does. Just my opinion.

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

IMO Marte ultimately becomes the starting shortstop.

Quote Originally Posted by CamraMaan View Post
    Wild and crazy prediction: Taylor gets healthy, tears up AAA for a couple months, during which time Miller gets his chance and fails again to impress with any consistency, and Taylor gets the call up to compete for the SS job again, wins it, and never looks back. What do you think jej, you willing to bet against that?

Its one thing to like a guy's upside, its another thing to have faith that he'll actually realize said upside. There's no question Miller has some nice upside, but I can't help but feel like he's more Justin Smoak than Kyle Seager, when it comes to tapping into his upside. Taylor on the other hand reminds me a lot of Seager. Its a personal opinion, and its based solely on my observations of them in the field and at the plate, the stats I read now, as well as the stats as they accumulated through the years (I check up on multiple Mariners minor league players every week), allowing some insight into consistency and growth. I was one of the only people singing Seager's song when he came up, and was definitely one of the loudest. I'm not afraid to hang my hat on Taylor having a better chance at success than Miller, even if Miller might have more upside in a few areas. We all know upside rarely actually equates into consistency and overall success. I think Taylor has what it takes, and I'm really not yet sold that Miller does. Just my opinion.
    Yeah, I'll take that bet. It's ridiculous to say Miller can't reach the potential when he already did so in his first year. He was as good or better than Taylor, and didn't rely on BABIP to do it. You are penalizing him for 2 bad months when Taylor barely has 2 months at the big league level. He just doesn't have the offensive tools. No power, doesn't have great contact or on base ability. Defense makes him a safe bet to be about league average regardless, but Miller can be a 4 WAR SS.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast