Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Seattle4Ever Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    This. If I am being honest, this spring actually made me start liking Taylor a little more and Miller a little less (Miller's errors and throwing motion and such, Taylor showing some pop) but I am still pro-Miller. Obviously it is decided for now, but even if it weren't I think you chance it on Miller because of the upside, and if he doesn't perform you can always go to Taylor and probably have a steady league average type guy. If you start with Taylor, you risk missing out of some of Miller's upside because it isn't going to be as easy for Taylor to lose his spot if he is playing good D and hitting .250 or whatever.
    Yup.

I will say, it is a little confusing when people let spring decide things for them. (This isn't aimed at you, jej.) Like when they say, "Oh spring training stats don't matter," but then when something good happens they refer to it.

I think everyone is having a pretty encouraging spring, so I'm excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle4Ever View Post
    I know Ian was around for this, and especially Brodie, but doesn't anyone remember the Rally Bush thread in here? About Angie Mentink's bush?
    I've certainly heard about it, but I don't think I was here for the origin. Either way, gross.

Seattle4Ever Guest
    LOL dammit. She's nasty without knowing about it as it is...

im so happy smoak is gone. you guys hear lloyd being critical of ackley yesterday? cracking the whip. i love it. but he said moving ackley up in the lineup last yr was a mistake. if i call correctly, when ackley finally got his head out his ***, there was no better option at the top of the lineup. oh well, i love lloyd.

Seattle4Ever Guest
    No Lloyd

I like Lloyd overall, but he is still a manager, which means he is an idiot. Ackley hit 2nd 50 times last year, and had a 102 wRC+, 76 wRC+ in the 7 hole, 154 hitting 8th over 88 PA. All are pretty insignificant samples, but demonstrate that where he hits probably doesn't really matter, at least not how Lloyd thinks it does.

Seattle4Ever Guest
    Shannon Drayer cares to oblige LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle4Ever View Post
    I know Ian was around for this, and especially Brodie, but doesn't anyone remember the Rally Bush thread in here? About Angie Mentink's bush?
    I remember it, why the **** did you bring it up....now I need to go poke my mind's eye out.

Seattle4Ever Guest
    It's a great anecdote

Spring training just goes on and on, it seems like it gets longer each passing year. Uh, nice knowing you, Erasmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
    Spring training just goes on and on, it seems like it gets longer each passing year. Uh, nice knowing you, Erasmo.
    no kidding, ST loses its excitement quick, its suffocating, and when OD finally hits its like getting oxygen.

the erasmo deal makes perfect sense, a testament of how good are pitching staff is to be able to deal him for a AAA guy.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456