Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

M's Spring Training

'bout that time again

Almost time for those new commercials.

"King Felix has hurled more mega quality starts since 2010 than 14 entire MLB teams."
    http://dynamik-farr.deviantart.com/

Ian. Guest
    Yeah. That's wassup. I need some relief from the misery that is the 2014 NFL season.

Ian. Guest
    Anyone seen anything on Danny Hultzen? Will he be there for spring?

Not sure where he will begin. I just know all reports were well regarding last year. Just shut him down to let his arm rest up for spring.

"King Felix has hurled more mega quality starts since 2010 than 14 entire MLB teams."

I really wish the M's would go all in on Yoan Moncada.

Playstation 3 handle: Ryde4Life

Ian. Guest
    Watch us go all in and he's one of the rare Cubans to suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian. View Post
    Watch us go all in and he's one of the rare Cubans to suck.
    That would be our luck. Hell, it wouldn't even be a bold prediction if we actually signed him. But He's a luxury we don't really need. Its hard to imagine us going in on him too strong, if at all.

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

Latest On Yoan Moncada
    By Mark Polishuk [February 14, 2015 at 4:39pm CST]

Cuban phenom Yoan Moncada has yet to receive any formal offers from teams, agent David Hastings tells FOX Sports’ Jon Paul Morosi (Twitter link). Despite this, Hastings said it’s “realistic” that his client could sign within the next week.

This represents a slight change from Hastings’ most recent statement about Moncada’s future, as the agent had previously set February 23rd as a rough date to “have all the input we need to make a decision on where he’ll start — and hopefully end — his professional career.” Hastings has expressed an eagerness to get Moncada into a Spring Training camp as soon as possible, so while this shifting timeline may amount to just a day or two, it could possibly hint that Moncada already has some idea of where he wants to play if the right offer is made over the next seven days. As of three days ago, Moncada was still scheduled for four or five more private workouts with teams (including the Diamondbacks and Cubs) and it isn’t believed that he would sign before his workouts are complete.

Given the widespread interest in Moncada, it’s perhaps a bit surprising that no club has officially submitted an offer yet. Then again, considering the high price tag attached to signing Moncada (a bonus between $30MM-$40MM, plus an equal amount in penalty taxes for going over the international bonus limit), I can understand why teams would want to be absolutely sure he’s worth the investment. Moncada has worked out for some teams multiple times, so if one of his forthcoming workouts is another return engagement, I would guess it’s possible that this team will see enough to confirm their interest and then present an offer.
    Karma....It's a Biotch.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Ian. View Post
    Anyone seen anything on Danny Hultzen? Will he be there for spring?
    I think I'm going to head over there on Tuesday. Hopefully I can see what they're doing with him...never crowds this early in ST so you can get up close and personal with a lot of the players and coaches....even JZ

Thought I saw a couple reports that Hultzen feels great.

Looks like weather is going to delay my first trip over to Peoria.

Quote Originally Posted by seasun62:29648646
    Looks like weather is going to delay my first trip over to Peoria.
    I never had any desire to attend anything related to spring training.

It's pretty awesome actually. Went several times growing up with the family. Perfect time of year to visit AZ.

another year and another spring putting off going to ST. I still might, but chances are low. This would especially be a fun year with felix still in his prime in a buzz around camp.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast