Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2015 M's News

2015 M's News

small news stuff or whatever

Kevin Martinez still is anti-trident...

Victor Sanchez, probably the number 2 pitching prospect in the orginization is in critical but stable condition in Venezuela right now. He was swimming in the ocean and was hit in the head by a boat. He suffered multiple skull fractures and recently got out of surgery. Prayers go out to victor.

Ian. Guest
    Damn. That's terrible. Hopefully he has a good, speedy recovery. Head injuries are no joke.

Bob Dutton ‏@TNT_Mariners 41m41 minutes ago

UPDATED: Report from Venezuela says #Mariners RHP prospect Victor Sanchez "fighting for his life" after surgery. http://bit.ly/1zX5Bdf
    Karma....It's a Biotch.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, read about this earlier... absolutely horrible news for him, his family, and the Mariners. I'm just glad he didn't drown, and at least has a fighting chance. Multiple skull fractures means brain trauma, which means a hard road back in the healing process, nonetheless his comeback as a baseball player. I had high hopes for him with this team, whether it be as one of our starters in the long term, or as a trade chip if needed, but this may put him one or two years back on the road of progress towards his goal of being a major league starter. Very sad news...

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

Yeah, read about this earlier... absolutely horrible news for him, his family, and the Mariners. I'm just glad he didn't drown, and at least has a fighting chance. Multiple skull fractures means brain trauma, which means a hard road back in the healing process, nonetheless his comeback as a baseball player. I had high hopes for him with this team, whether it be as one of our starters in the long term, or as a trade chip if needed, but this may put him one or two years back on the road of progress towards his goal of being a major league starter, if he even gets to play baseball again. Very sad news...

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

Real terrible news. Obviously hoping for the best. I personally wasn't too high on him as a player, but this stuff is never good to hear.

Joey Cora, will throw out the first pitch for the opener, interesting because I believe he's interviewed twice, at least, for the Mariners' managerial job.

it's a shame he isnt the current manager, I believe Joey would've done a much better job... though maybe not possible with the current ownership and upper management.

Why do you think he'd be better than McClendon?

Would he make pitching changes in the middle of inning, down by 11?

Ian. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
    Would he make pitching changes in the middle of inning, down by 11?

Mariners Sign Carlos Quentin

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Good bat when healthy. No risk pickup.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast